General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by clapton is god » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:08 pm

^ I'm only on a two day subscription so far, but will no doubt set up a full subscription. I'll have a look if there's an offer later.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:21 pm

How come the BBC are still labouring under the misapprehension that Top Gear's somehow important?

Chris Evans resigning was their lead item on R4's 17:00 News. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:51 am

Bruce Rioja might well have wrote:How come the BBC are labouring under the misapprehension that Top Gear was ever important?
Happy to help.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:46 am

Enoch wrote:
Bruce Rioja might well have wrote:How come the BBC are labouring under the misapprehension that Top Gear was ever important?
Happy to help.
I went off an.ex girlfriend because she loved it and used to.make hooting noises every time Jezza said anything  supposedly risqué about foreigners or something. She'd put her hand to her mouth in an 'oh isn't he naughty' gesture. Yawn.I can't claim it was the major reason for our breakup but it definitely made it easier when she dumped me.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:37 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Happy to help.
I went off an.ex girlfriend because she loved it and used to.make hooting noises every time Jezza said anything  supposedly risqué about foreigners or something. She'd put her hand to her mouth in an 'oh isn't he naughty' gesture. Yawn.I can't claim it was the major reason for our breakup but it definitely made it easier when she dumped me.

Ha Ha!

As for Evans I think it's more to do with the recent 'historical' (why can't they just say 'past'?) sex abuse allegations that have recently come to light.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 am

^ if that was the case he'd be off R2 as well, but give them time.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:01 am

clapton is god wrote:^ if that was the case he'd be off R2 as well, but give them time.

Maybe they're treading a little more softly after the Cliff Richards debacle.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:59 am

Any tax experts/lawyers knocking around on here? Got a pretty annoying situation atm and would appreciate some advice.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Punch em all in the face
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:35 pm

may meets the queen in Madness style! 8)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Around 4 weeks ago, a bloke with an Asian accent calling himself "Colin" rang our house, asking if I was interested in a pension review. He was under the impression that my surname was the same as Nearly Mrs Bob and I corrected him, telling him that my name was actually Mohammed. Within a week, I had 5 calls asking for Mr Mohammed as he'd had PPI/a car crash/shares left to him in a will etc etc. Incredible how quickly my name was changed across either one or several databases across the other side of the world. Which gave me an idea.

This afternoon, I've had the first call (From a bloke improbably and probably ironically named Christian) asking for Mr Jackall. The cheeky git then had the temerity to address me by my first name, Carlos, without asking permission. In a call that may have had GCHQ listening in, he agreed with me that God is indeed great and commiserated with me on the loss of my job modelling. I assured him I'd been on airport advertisement posters all over the world in my youth and he sounded impressed, if a little impatient.

Unfortunately, I hadn't had an accident, however he perked up a little when I told him my husband Douglas might be interested as he'd injured his legs in an accident in an airplane. He promised to ring Mr Bader tonight.

This could run and run. And yes, I've been bored today.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:19 pm

^ haha! Yes, I have a false name I've given out so I instantly know it's a sales call, but that takes it to a new level. I think I'm going to be Baron Bon Richtoven from now on!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:38 am

these are ace!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Blast it!

Six weeks of others screaming 'little angels'

Why can education not be run like all other enterprises and business, 25 day holiday per year?

Where's me shotgun.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Hoboh wrote:Blast it!

Six weeks of others screaming 'little angels'

Why can education not be run like all other enterprises and business, 25 day holiday per year?

Where's me shotgun.

I guess this is the time of year where you have second thoughts about your career as Children's Entertainer.......

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:34 am

Who are these others who run around screaming "little angels"? Are they barmy or on strange medications or just plain delusional? Maybe just Brexiters still celebrating amongst themselves? If the latter, Hoboh, you have only yourself to blame. ;)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:55 am

Fed up of being asked "How many bags do you want?", I requested to know the cubic capacity of one bag and whether they had a tape measure...it's great, they just scan 'em as you go. Now I feel liberated.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:10 am

Worthy4England wrote:Fed up of being asked "How many bags do you want?", I requested to know the cubic capacity of one bag and whether they had a tape measure...it's great, they just scan 'em as you go. Now I feel liberated.
Have you been mentored by Bobo?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Fed up of being asked "How many bags do you want?", I requested to know the cubic capacity of one bag and whether they had a tape measure...it's great, they just scan 'em as you go. Now I feel liberated.
It is the most irritating question. Surely they can just ask you how many you have used then charge for that. The whole thing is nonsense.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:13 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
It is the most irritating question. Surely they can just ask you how many you have used then charge for that. The whole thing is nonsense.
My local Morrisons just charge me for however many bags I've used. You plebs should shop by me rather than in Farnworth. :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way