General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 4:58 pm
I hadn't seen that, Tango, so thanks for the link. Some great memories such as my 18th in Maxwell's Plum. Sundowners - blimey. You were pretty much guaranteed to wake up the next morning gnawing off your own arm in a council house bedroom :D

Only went to Blighty's once, incidentally, to watch a band. I seem to recall it finished up being a rave venue (Pleasuredome????)
I think I heard my daughter mention Pleasuredrome in the distant past somewhere. By then I was re-living Motown, listening to Doctor Hook and Boney M, Gloria Estafan, George Macrae and such musical oddities as Elvis impersonators at Farnworth and Keasley labour Club. A "Wind beneath my wings" rendition, along with "Living next door to Alice" once too often put paid to all that. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Life's simple pleasures. Like brekkers in the garden. Lovely.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 am

anyone recommend a local joiner, i suppose, who can have a go at restoring a parquet floor??

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Time really does fly, you just don't realise how fast. This is a bit on a memory jerker for the food afficionados. :wink: :

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/142 ... #gallery34

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:34 pm

Ah well, looks like the anti 'sh*t in our garden' cat defence system is working, marvellous thing is Chilli powder.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Thought I was seeing things for a minute, walking across the Town Hall Square yesterday afternoon... :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:52 am

Poor birds, all the rain the last couple of days seems to have really affected them.
Yesterday afternoon threw a couple of crusts on the garage roof and was gob smacked just who turned up at the same time, usual mob of pigeons along with young Starlings, sparrows, blackbirds a Magpie and even half a dozen dive bombing Gulls!
Never seen such a mix before.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 pm

Isn't throwing bread out for the birds basically bait for cats? Not doubting your good intentions for one moment, Hoboh, but that is what stops me from flinging my old bread out to them.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 pm
Isn't throwing bread out for the birds basically bait for cats? Not doubting your good intentions for one moment, Hoboh, but that is what stops me from flinging my old bread out to them.
:D I always chuck it on the garage roof, never the floor and tbh I've found the birds, even those greedy son's of bitch pigeons to be quite smart about the presence of cats.
Your average house cat ain't quite that stealthy, I've seen the odd one fall off a fence when supposed to be pouncing but yep there are a few about that little birdy's must avoid.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Your average house cat ain't quite that stealthy
Which is hardly surprising if it's full of chilli powder!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Your average house cat ain't quite that stealthy
Which is hardly surprising if it's full of chilli powder!
Actually I'm not sure if it was that what worked or the plastic spikes you set on top of fencing buried just in soil near where it was doing its business that did the trick.
Anyway it don't come now :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Hope I'm OK to post this up, but if any of you know any youngsters looking for a break then I've just noticed this.

https://www.hmgpaint.com/news/396/hmg-p ... pprentices

HMG are a former account of mine and truly are a terrific company. If the right position came up I'd work for them tomorrow. The technical apprenticeships especially will set yon youth up forever.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Question on The Chase last night (as near as I can remember the wording)
"What is the nationality of two of the Three Tenors?"
Girl: Well I know Julio Iglesias is one of them...stops, hesitates, thinks... then answers "Italian" :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 am

Oh dear me!

Just when all the screaming tree huggers are coming out of the woodwork we now are being presented with something else, maybe a mass cull of scientists would be helpful?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tists-warn

Perhaps we should just have a nuclear fireworks display and bugger up everything properly?

I despair at times, I really do, we are heading for PC zombies with safe spaces, horse and carts to get about, turning into vegans and cave dwellers, letting all sorts of critters run free, taking nannies on holiday to look after the brats you shouldn't have had if you cannot cope, pigs trying to take over the farm, people winning elections they lost, Doctors to refuse new patients despite taking tax payers cash to fund them, 'green products' that burn better than petrol, politicians that make remarkable recoveries from serious health problems, it won't work I tell thee.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:12 am

But apart from that?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:13 am

The Caleb clown has left the building with a bootprint on his arse...( for A.T. mainly)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:12 pm

£33 for 6 bottles of beer :shock: That's offy prices, not bar prices. Now I remember why I rarely drink here :cry:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:58 am

Being born on the non-Moss Bank side of Halliwell Road, some fifty yards from the road itself, we always thought, in our Juvenile geographical images of territory, that Astley Bridge started past the Weavers Arms ( Mop pub) and the Mop Brook and went "thataway" . According to B.N an incident took place in" Nut Street Astley Bridge" yesterday (complete with three photographs of grinning girl Beauty Salon employees although the report was about an assault on an 85 year old pensioner?) Now Nut street was (and is) on the other side of Halliwell Road opposite where the old Crofters Arms pub was and lower down than the Ainsworth Arms is, Lower Smithills if anything,) which we actually believed was where Smithills actually began, so how has it suddenly become Astley Bridge?
Just wondering like?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm

The BBC's finally gone and done it. Political correctness fcuked right in the head. Dr Who.

Really, I mean REALLY?

From fcking Yorkshire?!?!

Can't wait for Frankie Boyle to lead in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer remake.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:00 pm

^^ Never watched it for years, but this seems aking for more controversy than a five-feet seven Jack Reacher :lol: