General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Ah well filled the freezers going to get some yuk! Long life milk in and plenty paracetamol etc don't rely on any bloody government, more so one that keeps allowing unchecked flights from badly affected areas!
Just as an aside, this is one mighty kick in the balls for the globalist free movement luvies.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:36 pm
Ah well filled the freezers going to get some yuk! Long life milk in and plenty paracetamol etc don't rely on any bloody government, more so one that keeps allowing unchecked flights from badly affected areas!
Just as an aside, this is one mighty kick in the balls for the globalist free movement luvies.
I've heard tell, you've even been on holibobs outside of Lancashire to foreign parts. You bloody free movement luvie, you!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:33 pm
Hoboh wrote:
I've heard tell, you've even been on holibobs outside of Lancashire to foreign parts. You bloody free movement luvie, you!
Not every other week though. :lol:
Was reading something from the US referring to what they call 'Jet Reps', the general conclusion was because of this virus outbreak many companies are looking at technology they have previously ignored to mitigate all but vital trips.
Greta will be happy.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:56 am

"A 23-year-old woman who is taking legal action against an NHS gender clinic says she should have been challenged more by medical staff over her decision to transition to a male as a teenager."

No!

Surely not.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:15 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:38 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Was reading something from the US referring to what they call 'Jet Reps', the general conclusion was because of this virus outbreak many companies are looking at technology they have previously ignored to mitigate all but vital trips.
Greta will be happy.
But "Jet Reps" aren't necessarily globalist free movement luvies...I can and do lots of calls with all parts of the globe, many by voice conference and some by video conference. Still end up flying a lot. If someone who's buying something off me in Texas says they need a face to face, I can and do offer to call, but ultimately the only way to meet is one of us gets on a plane. Plenty of me wishes all my business was within 50 miles of my house - but it isn't. Even when it's not abroad, much is down South so have to get to London.

How much of your job do you do using technologies that mean you don't need to travel?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:52 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:15 am
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Greta will be happy.
But "Jet Reps" aren't necessarily globalist free movement luvies...I can and do lots of calls with all parts of the globe, many by voice conference and some by video conference. Still end up flying a lot. If someone who's buying something off me in Texas says they need a face to face, I can and do offer to call, but ultimately the only way to meet is one of us gets on a plane. Plenty of me wishes all my business was within 50 miles of my house - but it isn't. Even when it's not abroad, much is down South so have to get to London.

How much of your job do you do using technologies that mean you don't need to travel?
Now do tell exactly where did I say they were?
I was merely relaying something I came across related to the virus outbreak saying companies were looking at the real 'need' for the 'face to face' and that would cheer up Greta no end.

So if you want to be pedantic, given that many of the first spreaders and superspreaders had been in business junkets or taking in the Chinese New Year sharing a square foot of city space with ten others, maybe we'd all be safer with less travel.

I'd be prepared to give up some overseas junkets (if the standard of accommodation and price came up to scratch here) and actually have cancelled or postponed, if you like, any plans to travel abroad this year, usually in Cyprus this month.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:57 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:56 am
"A 23-year-old woman who is taking legal action against an NHS gender clinic says she should have been challenged more by medical staff over her decision to transition to a male as a teenager."

No!

Surely not.
Oh yes, believe it.

Some, a growing number to be fair, of the stupid youth with dodgy nervous dispositions think they know more about life than anyone else and when mummy encourages it because she really wanted a little girl, this is what happens.

Throw the claim out, stupid is what stupid does.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:53 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:52 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Greta will be happy.

I was merely relaying something I came across related to the virus outbreak saying companies were looking at the real 'need' for the 'face to face' and that would cheer up Greta no end.

So if you want to be pedantic, given that many of the first spreaders and superspreaders had been in business junkets or taking in the Chinese New Year sharing a square foot of city space with ten others, maybe we'd all be safer with less travel.

I'd be prepared to give up some overseas junkets (if the standard of accommodation and price came up to scratch here) and actually have cancelled or postponed, if you like, any plans to travel abroad this year, usually in Cyprus this month.
I'm fairly sure we'd all be safer if we never left the house. Which you seem pretty well equipped for, what with your stockpiled freezer n'all. I like the notion of junket, it shows how divorced from the reality you are. How far from your front door does your job typically require you to travel?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:00 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:57 am
Enoch wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:56 am

No!

Surely not.
Oh yes, believe it.

Some, a growing number to be fair, of the stupid youth with dodgy nervous dispositions think they know more about life than anyone else and when mummy encourages it because she really wanted a little girl, this is what happens.

Throw the claim out, stupid is what stupid does.
Unfortunately, Hobes, telling someone not to be ridiculous seems to be grounds for slander these days. Put it on the internet and it becomes libel. This is how far we've sunk under the human rights banner..Sublime to ridiculous seems to fit, plus blame is now an art form and compensation a career. Where it will all end is beyond imagination as inmates seem to be ruling the institutions already.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:53 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:52 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Greta will be happy.

I'm fairly sure we'd all be safer if we never left the house. Which you seem pretty well equipped for, what with your stockpiled freezer n'all. I like the notion of junket, it shows how divorced from the reality you are. How far from your front door does your job typically require you to travel?
Might not apply to you mate but in a business based hotel in Cyprus in November most of the delegates met in conference for an hour or so then wandered around the hotel grounds enjoying the bar and taking pics that conveniently had a few lasses in bikinis in their shots of the surroundings then an hour or if pushed two then more of the same, rinse repeat for three days until the fleets of taxis and coaches arrived. Three times this happened during our stay and they were multinational events. Two hour lunches were the norm they enjoyed the dining facilities :D
Oh and I haven't been anywhere for the last four years or so due to being semi retired and because of other things :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:19 pm

^^ Certainly doesn't apply to me. Since anti-bribery legislation got so tight, you're lucky if someone from a different Company can offer you a bic biro.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:18 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:20 am
Exactly. I've no issue with veganism either,
Bollocks! :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:18 am
LeverEnd wrote:
I haven't! Obviously I don't follow it because I like my Fray Bentos pies* but overall it's probably a good thing. People bring all preachy and self righteous over it is a different matter.

* I believe I had a burger on Saturday evening but can't remember. :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:25 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:34 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:18 am
LeverEnd wrote:
I haven't! Obviously I don't follow it because I like my Fray Bentos pies* but overall it's probably a good thing. People bring all preachy and self righteous over it is a different matter.

* I believe I had a burger on Saturday evening but can't remember. :lol:
And a Spoons Full English earlier in the day. Remember that? :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:35 pm

^^ mushrooms, beans, tomato...nearly vegan :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:24 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:35 pm
^^ mushrooms, beans, tomato...nearly vegan :-)
Eldest vegan daughter came round yesterday; brought a jug of home made celery soup, a cheese loaf and a treacle oatcake...bless. :) Wife had the soup, I had cod fish fingers and fried egg. :wink:

In fainess, 3 Cheese bloomer loaf was nice and treacle cake tasty, but celery soup..?? nah.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:20 pm

He may well know everything but is anyone as irritating as Chris Packham?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:20 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:20 pm
He may well know everything but is anyone as irritating as Chris Packham?
Neil Oliver?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:17 am

Neil ain't so bad.

As an illustration of what's wrong with this nation the state of the roads does it for me.

Currently the world's sixth largest economy, yet driving in Kent you could be forgiven for thinking you were in Beirut. It's like a third world country. Pot holes have been an issue for a good few years but now it's beyond a joke.

The mill owners of the Industrial Revolution may not have treated their workers any better than Jeff Bezos but at least they invested in infrastructure and showed some civic pride. F*ck off Amazon. F*ck off Google and the rest of the blood sucking corporations.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 am

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:17 am
Neil ain't so bad.

As an illustration of what's wrong with this nation the state of the roads does it for me.

Currently the world's sixth largest economy, yet driving in Kent you could be forgiven for thinking you were in Beirut. It's like a third world country. Pot holes have been an issue for a good few years but now it's beyond a joke.

The mill owners of the Industrial Revolution may not have treated their workers any better than Jeff Bezos but at least they invested in infrastructure and showed some civic pride. F*ck off Amazon. F*ck off Google and the rest of the blood sucking corporations.
Somewhat of a flex.

Our roads are in a terrible state because they are overcrowded and councils massively, massively underfunded. And this is a systemic problem going back decades. Amazon and Google have nothing to do with it - its down to political choice. There is plenty of money to fund councils to repair roads but the choices are made instead to fund other things - things we'll never use, projects that are like putting a tiara on a pig etc etc......