General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:37 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:32 am
Hoboh wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:27 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:04 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:08 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:22 pm
First delivery slot available on Tesco - 7th April. Asda crashed. Local shop completely out of milk, bread, cleaning products etc. This is fcuking barmy
Morrison’s Harwood has closed for refurb for three days. Opens again tomorrow I think. Might be worth going first thing if desperate as presumably they will be stocked...but I’d get there for opening.
Not that desperate - had a delivery incoming this morning :-)

All the fcuking panic buyers. Wankers to a man (and woman).
Panic buyers, or those who could see what was going to happen a few weeks ago? Not had the need to queue nor take up vital delivery slots from the needy :wink:
Panic buyers. That's why I said "panic buyers".
Let you off then :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 am

The wankers that are out buying 10 packs of 9 bog rolls, 8 pints of milk, 15 hand sanitisers. Not the people who cautiously bought a little stock 6 weeks ago. I'm fcuked off that the stores didn't impose "rationing" much earlier last week, when they could see that this was starting to occur.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:51 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 am
The wankers that are out buying 10 packs of 9 bog rolls, 8 pints of milk, 15 hand sanitisers. Not the people who cautiously bought a little stock 6 weeks ago. I'm fcuked off that the stores didn't impose "rationing" much earlier last week, when they could see that this was starting to occur.
Don't know if you read my previous post about the exodus from London Mr W but seriously if I was down there I'd want out if possible over the next few days. If they shut it down, I can foresee so much trouble they will end up declaring Martial law down there, these ain't the Londoners of the Blitz.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:13 am

Other half just bought a new Vax hoover just had a go WOW! Like kind off eat your heart out Linda Lovelace. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:51 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:44 am
Don't know if you read my previous post about the exodus from London Mr W but seriously if I was down there I'd want out if possible over the next few days. If they shut it down, I can foresee so much trouble they will end up declaring Martial law down there, these ain't the Londoners of the Blitz.
Yeah - all us Northerners that are dragged down there regularly have stopped travelling methinks, too. Our place was still planning to have us all sat in the middle of London, yesterday, until Monday's government announcement.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:46 pm

As time, and this awful blight go on, more people will resort to prayer in desperation. Better to pray now in the hope God will hear us. It takes so little of our time.

"`Our Father,, who art in Heaven; hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done as it is in heaven.. Give us each day our daily bread.Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen. '"
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:05 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
First delivery slot available on Tesco - 7th April. Asda crashed. Local shop completely out of milk, bread, cleaning products etc. This is fcuking barmy
Morrison’s Harwood has closed for refurb for three days. Opens again tomorrow I think. Might be worth going first thing if desperate as presumably they will be stocked...but I’d get there for opening.
Which is exactly what just about everybody in Bolton did. Went in at around 8:00 to scenes of absolute carnage. It was like the place was being looted. I've found people falling firmly into one of two categories during this debacle - those who are going out of their way to make sure that friends and loved ones, especially those who are at risk and/or less mobile have what they need, and thoroughly despicable, selfish bastards who couldn't give a tin feck about anybody else just so long as they've got more than enough. There'll be a lot of division after this, I'm convinced, as people reveal their true colours.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:05 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Which is exactly what just about everybody in Bolton did. Went in at around 8:00 to scenes of absolute carnage. It was like the place was being looted. I've found people falling firmly into one of two categories during this debacle - those who are going out of their way to make sure that friends and loved ones, especially those who are at risk and/or less mobile have what they need, and thoroughly despicable, selfish bastards who couldn't give a tin feck about anybody else just so long as they've got more than enough. There'll be a lot of division after this, I'm convinced, as people reveal their true colours.
Yup. They put it down to being "clever and ahead of the game. Reality is it's just reprehensible.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
^^All too true unfortunately. Ration books loom ominously unless common sense prevails.. Human behaviour and personality will always out, whatever. We are what we are, it's just that in crisis we find exactly who/what that is. Meanwhile,God watches over all and the most needy will eventually be those blessed..

Pray for us all, I urge you; prayer's a powerful friend and a great comfort. You're never truly alone, God is always at home .

ae:)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:38 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Yup. They put it down to being "clever and ahead of the game. Reality is it's just reprehensible.

There has to come a point where the c*nts have run out of places to stash the stuff!

I say again, wankers.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:51 pm

I like seeing where the boundary between selfish I'm alright Jack runs up against tight fistedness.

I had a lovely decadent shop yesterday. Came with some duck confit legs, bit of sirloin steak and some scallops. Ready made excuse to Ms Pru that it's all I could get. Regretting having not picked up two wood pigeon breasts from waitrose I ummed and ahed over. Not like there's going to be much else to spend money on over the next few months.

(Appreciate it's worrying times job wise for many but this was a Waitrose in Islington, they're all going to be fine!).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm

There's undoubtedly some tossers behaving in a selfish manner but on a more positive note we're also seeing the very best of people too. Friends and neighbours looking out for each other, colleagues going above and beyond. We'll get through this as a nation no problem, although I suspect that the landscape will look very very different when we do.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm
There's undoubtedly some tossers behaving in a selfish manner but on a more positive note we're also seeing the very best of people too. Friends and neighbours looking out for each other, colleagues going above and beyond. We'll get through this as a nation no problem, although I suspect that the landscape will look very very different when we do.
Spot on Harry. Families with kids being sensible on contact, but also making sure we have what we need. One daughter delivered some essential items outside our front door, we left an envelope with money. Hard on the contact scene, but has to be that way because she has a young lad in her care and a couple of grand-kids..Both other daughters in regular contact and a great bunch of neighbours. Can't speak too highly for any of them.. Still a great deal of good in our world. God bless em all...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:10 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:38 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Fecking hell!! So because you could bloody well see weeks ago what was going to happen and took action it's reprehensible?
Ffs perhaps if you can see the boats going to fecking sink you should still get on it then you're all in the same one so to speak.
Anyway anyone who likes a tipple the supermarkets and shops will be bombed out by tonight if what people were shipping out last night is anything to go by.
Oh and I suppose having some cash available in Sterling, Euro's and dollar's instead of at the whim of the banking system, just in case, is reprehensible as well ?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:53 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:51 pm
I like seeing where the boundary between selfish I'm alright Jack runs up against tight fistedness.

I had a lovely decadent shop yesterday. Came with some duck confit legs, bit of sirloin steak and some scallops. Ready made excuse to Ms Pru that it's all I could get. Regretting having not picked up two wood pigeon breasts from waitrose I ummed and ahed over. Not like there's going to be much else to spend money on over the next few months.

(Appreciate it's worrying times job wise for many but this was a Waitrose in Islington, they're all going to be fine!).
Want some of those? can always shoot a couple of the buggers that live under next doors solar panels.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 am

Hoboh, I already said I was more concerned about the actions from the last week or so, where there's been fairly self evident pressure on supply chains. We have no notion how long this will last so how much do you buy? A months worth? Six months worth?

Many people don't have reserves of cash that would allow them to do that anyhow, they'll suffer because they don't have a choice.

Others chose to continue as normal to take pressure off the supply chain. That's nothing to do with lack of foresight. It's an acknowledgement that people we live alongside need shit too.

Good news is, we're starting to see which fcking men would be at the front of the women and children first queue, to get off your sinking boat.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 am
Hoboh, I already said I was more concerned about the actions from the last week or so, where there's been fairly self evident pressure on supply chains. We have no notion how long this will last so how much do you buy? A months worth? Six months worth?

Many people don't have reserves of cash that would allow them to do that anyhow, they'll suffer because they don't have a choice.

Others chose to continue as normal to take pressure off the supply chain. That's nothing to do with lack of foresight. It's an acknowledgement that people we live alongside need shit too.

Good news is, we're starting to see which fcking men would be at the front of the women and children first queue, to get off your sinking boat.
Aye mate but I wouldn't be on it in the first place :D
I accept some people cannot afford to stock up too much and I do have sympathy for them but there are also a lot that could have bought in extra weeks ago so the panic wouldn't be the same now, the head in the sand, won't happen to me types, there is more than enough world news about now. Also no way would I like some dickheads have flown out to Morocco last friday then whinge they cannot get home!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:18 am

If they'd all bought extra in weeks ago (bearing in mind the first real news on this was what? 8 weeks ago?). Then there would just have been a panic then, instead.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:18 am
If they'd all bought extra in weeks ago (bearing in mind the first real news on this was what? 8 weeks ago?). Then there would just have been a panic then, instead.
No there wouldn't, like us no one noticed a few extra bags of frozen veg and fish, another 4 pack of beans and tomatoes and the odd bog roll extra. I'll tell you exactly where this panic started, more so the bog roll, Mumsnet and facebook, ie social media. The rumour mongers were in overdrive, just in the same way they are now about X and Y near them having got Covid-19 because they've been to Italy, one problem, it was last fcuking year!!
And I know this will be controversial, but social media again, that nurse crying
'I'm a critical care nurse and I've just finished 48 hours of work and I just wanted to get some stuff in for the next 48 hours.

'There's no fruit, there's no vegetables and I just don't know how I'm supposed to stay healthy.
Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this.
Last edited by Hoboh on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Excuse me, do you not have a fridge or freezer or do you just buy odd bits and dine out/take away? something not right about this, a critical care nurse bursting into tears over no veg hardly inspires you with confidence.
Currys are currently out of stock of fridge freezers due to reprehensible, selfish, hoarding c*nts denying availability of the most basic human requirement - food, to those less able / fortunate than themselves. What size cap do you wear, Hoboh?
May the bridges I burn light your way