General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:59 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:51 pm
I cannot believe the number of more than likely 'gamers' who think we could carry out a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Russia :hang: They don't realise the reality is a slice of bread in a toaster has a better chance of survival!
Still at least they won't have to watch Strictly :lol:
Who on earth is suggesting that? I’ve not heard anyone say it. But the world is full of nutcases so doesn’t surprise me.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:59 pm
Hoboh wrote:
I cannot believe the number of more than likely 'gamers' who think we could carry out a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Russia :hang: They don't realise the reality is a slice of bread in a toaster has a better chance of survival!
Who on earth is suggesting that? I’ve not heard anyone say it. But the world is full of nutcases so doesn’t surprise me.
Gamers would stealth in, assassinate him and depart, surely? Gotta have some baddies, so today, Matthew, it's going to be "gamers"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:15 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:48 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:59 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Gamers would stealth in, assassinate him and depart, surely? Gotta have some baddies, so today, Matthew, it's going to be "gamers"
No one says they are bad Worthy merely a bit thick.

Although I must confess years ago I used to love Command & Conquer Red Alert. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:25 pm

I'm thinking you've just been handed your ass by a 10 year old with 15 thumbs on CoD MW3 or summat. :-)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:04 pm

I’d hope none of them are sad or desperate enough to watch it let alone waste their money and time voting.

Does anyone actually watch this stuff anymore? I genuinely didn’t know it was still going.
I caught an ad for the coming series of Ant and Dec's jungle malarky. Surely that's ran its course now, no?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:04 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:06 am
Here's a question I've kept out of the "serious" ahem, political thread. It is this:

If our current political candidates had to vote individually on who would win " Strictly Come Dancing" would they cast their votes for:

I’d hope none of them are sad or desperate enough to watch it let alone waste their money and time voting. Does anyone actually watch this stuff anymore? I genuinely didn’t know it was still going.
You can always just switch it off or do whatever you do. Nobody forces you to watch and you're not watching anyway, so why slate those who do?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:58 pm

Fookin hell, how bad is Manchester airport. I overnighted at the Radisson last night on my way back home on an early flight this morning. Got to check in early and still nearly missed my flight. The fun didn't stop there as the pilot aborted the landing at Inverness at the last moment :shock: I'm home now, but I'm not leaving again if that is how the outside world works these days!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:32 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:58 pm
Fookin hell, how bad is Manchester airport. I overnighted at the Radisson last night on my way back home on an early flight this morning. Got to check in early and still nearly missed my flight. The fun didn't stop there as the pilot aborted the landing at Inverness at the last moment :shock: I'm home now, but I'm not leaving again if that is how the outside world works these days!
It’s bad, really bad.

I also noted when travelling recently that there is hardly anywhere to do a shit in the airport. It’s like they’ve taken the huge rows of cubicles out and replaced them with tiny toilets with one cubicle. It’s odd. A major international airport and you have queues ten deep. Ridiculous.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:32 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:58 pm
It’s bad, really bad.

I also noted when travelling recently that there is hardly anywhere to do a shit in the airport. It’s like they’ve taken the huge rows of cubicles out and replaced them with tiny toilets with one cubicle. It’s odd. A major international airport and you have queues ten deep. Ridiculous.
Not to mention the only sign for the hotel attached to the airport was practically next to the hotel. Took me ages to find it, though to be fair I'm directionally challenged :cry:

Inverness Airport was the opposite. Clean, efficient and a pleasant place to be.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:22 pm

Sad to see Jeremy Paxman being replaced as host of University Challenge due to him being diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease. Blunt as a lump hammer, but I always liked him. Best of luck and hope he recovers some.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:31 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:22 pm
Sad to see Jeremy Paxman being replaced as host of University Challenge due to him being diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease. Blunt as a lump hammer, but I always liked him. Best of luck and hope he recovers some.
It was Bamber Gascoigne when I last saw the show. I have watched many, many quiz shows and do very well at getting the answers. My kids all said "Go on Jeopardy, Dad", etc. University challenge was the only show (this was back in the '60s) when they asked the question and I thought "wtf?". Hopefully it got a little easier over the years as I found watching it humbling.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:15 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:31 am
University challenge was the only show (this was back in the '60s) when they asked the question and I thought "wtf?". Hopefully it got a little easier over the years as I found watching it humbling.
If you can get it over there Monty you should try Only Connect. I find it great viewing but I don't half feel a right thicko after it!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:35 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:15 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
University challenge was the only show (this was back in the '60s) when they asked the question and I thought "wtf?". Hopefully it got a little easier over the years as I found watching it humbling.
If you can get it over there Monty you should try Only Connect. I find it great viewing but I don't half feel a right thicko after it!
Tuesday night is Quiz Night Mastermind, Only Connect and University Challenge.

Only Connect can be brutal sometimes but I excel on the missing vowels round for some reason. Humble brag. :mrgreen:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:15 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
We don't get it but I just watched an episode on youtube. Wasn't quite sure what was going on some of the time and ended up feeling thicker than Harry.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:39 pm

You've had two close(ish) escapes from seeing the Darren Pratley Appreciation Society on there...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:49 am

Watch out you biker lads... :D

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/23 ... g-members/

My first thought was "Why, because under leathers and a crash helmet, who will know the difference...or care?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:49 am

My first thought was "Why, because under leathers and a crash helmet, who will know the difference...or care?
Last few years there's been more and more female bikers Tango and they are welcome and respected in the main by male riders.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:51 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:47 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Last few years there's been more and more female bikers Tango and they are welcome and respected in the main by male riders.
My point wasn't to decry female bikers Hoboh, or female anything. I support women in almost all they do. I just don't understand why they need to distance themselves from being just "bikers". No offence meant at all.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

My point wasn't to decry female bikers Hoboh, or female anything. I support women in almost all they do. I just don't understand why they need to distance themselves from being just "bikers". No offence meant at all.
Males tend to be nearly all about just riding and talking machinery, females, in the main, are more into the social side not the nearest bacon butty shop :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:03 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:24 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Males tend to be nearly all about just riding and talking machinery, females, in the main, are more into the social side not the nearest bacon butty shop :lol:
Ah, I see ...(I don't really, how social can you be on a motorbike? I mean, they all ride to meet up somewhere, then get off the bikes and talk about Loose Women, or summat in a cafe?) :grin: