General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:14 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:03 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:24 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:47 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:49 am
Watch out you biker lads... :D

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/23 ... g-members/

My first thought was "Why, because under leathers and a crash helmet, who will know the difference...or care?
Last few years there's been more and more female bikers Tango and they are welcome and respected in the main by male riders.
My point wasn't to decry female bikers Hoboh, or female anything. I support women in almost all they do. I just don't understand why they need to distance themselves from being just "bikers". No offence meant at all.
Males tend to be nearly all about just riding and talking machinery, females, in the main, are more into the social side not the nearest bacon butty shop :lol:
Ah, I see ...(I don't really, how social can you be on a motorbike? I mean, they all ride to meet up somewhere, then get off the bikes and talk about Loose Women, or summat in a cafe?) :grin:
When I was younger, every Sunday afternoon, literally dozens of motorcyclists would come tear-arsing up Belmont Road on their way to meeting up at Rivvy Barn, via Sheephouse.

Half an hour later a speeding ambulance would doubtlessly follow.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:14 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:03 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:24 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:47 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:49 am
Watch out you biker lads... :D

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/23 ... g-members/

My first thought was "Why, because under leathers and a crash helmet, who will know the difference...or care?
Last few years there's been more and more female bikers Tango and they are welcome and respected in the main by male riders.
My point wasn't to decry female bikers Hoboh, or female anything. I support women in almost all they do. I just don't understand why they need to distance themselves from being just "bikers". No offence meant at all.
Males tend to be nearly all about just riding and talking machinery, females, in the main, are more into the social side not the nearest bacon butty shop :lol:
Ah, I see ...(I don't really, how social can you be on a motorbike? I mean, they all ride to meet up somewhere, then get off the bikes and talk about Loose Women, or summat in a cafe?) :grin:
When I was younger, every Sunday afternoon, literally dozens of motorcyclists would come tear-arsing up Belmont Road on their way to meeting up at Rivvy Barn, via Sheephouse.

Half an hour later a speeding ambulance would doubtlessly follow.
Average speed cameras put the damper on that Bruce, many still head for the barn though I ain't been there for years. Prefer the North Yorkshire moors or the Cumbria/Welsh mountain roads were most car drivers won't go.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:41 am

"Lady" Susan Hussey. A fine example of England's aristocracy's uselessness.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:41 am
I'm not sure it's entirely fair to tar the entire aristocracy with that brush, Tango. It's like saying the racist yahoos at Burnden were a fine example of the Bolton working man's beliefs. The aristocracy may be useless but they are not all racist any more than BWFC fans.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:48 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:33 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
I'm not sure it's entirely fair to tar the entire aristocracy with that brush, Tango. It's like saying the racist yahoos at Burnden were a fine example of the Bolton working man's beliefs. The aristocracy may be useless but they are not all racist any more than BWFC fans.
Are you aware just how many hangers-on comprise our royalty Monty? I've never called the Queen nor will I Charles, but going back even just as far as the Regency era, the monarchy and co have hardly covered themselves with glory have they? I'm not just talking this obviously racist slant which the remarks obviously were, it's just the "down the nose" manner in which it was delivered by a titled woman. Nor have I forgotten the Duke of Edinburgh's "spear-chucking" comments.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:19 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:48 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Are you aware just how many hangers-on comprise our royalty Monty? I've never called the Queen nor will I Charles, but going back even just as far as the Regency era, the monarchy and co have hardly covered themselves with glory have they? I'm not just talking this obviously racist slant which the remarks obviously were, it's just the "down the nose" manner in which it was delivered by a titled woman. Nor have I forgotten the Duke of Edinburgh's "spear-chucking" comments.
I just felt 'aristocracy' has a far broader connotations than the royal family and the titled nobility who hang around them as Ladies in Waiting, or gentlemen of the Bed Chamber. The aristocracy are all over, even in Bolton, sometimes doing good things. My aunt worked on charitable endeavours with Lady Marjorie Hulton (I had tea with them in her residence - not the Hall which had been pulled down) and I went to college with Bernard de Hoghton of Houghton Towers. I can't see either of them hanging on round the Palace. Lord Leverhulme left the Bungalow and its estate at Rivington to Horwich Council for the people, and I'm sure you wandered the grounds. Susan Hussey's remarks were despicable but everyone, including the Palace, has agreed on that.

I agree the Duke of Edinburgh's propensity for giving offence was pretty impressive, and the spear-chucking by no means his worst remark. Of course he is only British aristocracy by marriage :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:15 am

I think the fuss and some of the language "violated", "abused" etc. is probably much larger than the offence (of course this is my view, not being the person on the receiving end.) The perpetrator - obviously the only description appropriate at this juncture, has hung up her glass slipper and having never heard of her to this point in my life, I suspect we'll never hear from her again.

I'm fairly sure I'd have responded along the lines of "King Charles, where are his people from? No, not Queen Elizabeth II and the Greek fella, George II? Oh they're Germans?"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:45 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:19 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:48 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
I'm not sure it's entirely fair to tar the entire aristocracy with that brush, Tango.
Aye, I was a bit broad in the use of the word Monty, but in the strictly adapted sense, nothing applies to everyone, just the good and bad people and how they see things: they know who they are . Only you and God know the truth of anything. Perhaps I should have concentrated on the racist angle remarks which were despicable.

Re the "nobility" Blame my respect and admiration for Jane Austen who had little time for them mainly due to her own dislike of the the Regency era she lived in under the Prince of Wales ( later to be King George the fourth when his father died) and his openly illicit affairs and lifestyle. Jane dedicated the novel "Emma " to him under "advice" from courtiers rather than any fondness of him.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:41 am

Haiti. What a hell-hole of a country it really is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-63707429

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:45 pm

London pub launches new 'Harry's Bitter' beer that at 3.9% strength is 'as weak as its namesake' after Prince and Meghan's Netflix whingefest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:54 pm

Do you have to read OK and Hello, when you're not on your period, to keep up with this uninteresting topic?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:54 pm
Do you have to read OK and Hello, when you're not on your period, to keep up with this uninteresting topic?
Baffles me how grown adults care about this at all….

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:53 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Simple answer is the monarchy is what keeps us different and pretty much unique in this world.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:08 am

But he's what sixth in line and gone to California? Just, don't watch it?

It's not a bad heuristic that if anyone has any opinion on those two, they're probably not worth listening to.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:01 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Simple answer is the monarchy is what keeps us different and pretty much unique in this world.
Gotcha. Unique other than the other 40-odd monarchies across the globe...We might be the only on left where the current branch are German, but I rather doubt that too.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:12 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:01 am
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gotcha. Unique other than the other 40-odd monarchies across the globe...We might be the only on left where the current branch are German, but I rather doubt that too.
The overwelming majority of the 40 odd monarchy round the world do not work like ours in the slightest

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:29 am

I was saddened by the passing of HM The Queen, and by that of The Duke of Edinburgh, too. However, I couldn't give a tin shit as to what Ginger Bollocks and his attention whore have to say about anything.
I wouldn't mind seeing the results of the DNA test though. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:19 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:12 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:01 am
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
The overwelming majority of the 40 odd monarchy round the world do not work like ours in the slightest
Yup this is where all that behind the scenes Intel from OK comes in. To a simple working man, Kinging and Queening all looks a bit alike. Wear shiny hat, wave a lot, generally don't mix with the masses. But we've digressed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:02 pm

This tweet from antiBrexit bloke had me smiling.
https://twitter.com/bmay/status/1602233 ... 7NyrgM_qjQ

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:58 pm

4 children dead, trying to do normal things for children their age. Awful. Heart goes out to their families