General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:12 pm

^^^ longer ... AND of the same length.

Curious.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^^ longer ... AND of the same length.

Curious.
...of the same length as each other. Silly! :roll:

I didn't have you down as a pedant until now. I look forward to your next phone keyboard related typo. One'll be along soon I'm sure...
Hope is what keeps us going.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 05, 2015 7:15 pm

After many weeks of waiting I finally get my hearing test fixed for Friday. Been doing the olive-oil samba for a week, and today went to the Health Centre to have a power-washer stuck down my ear-holes. Big difference already, but never knew you aren't supposed to wash your ears which are self cleansing. A few kids in our class at school would love to have known that. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Whoops moment at part time charity work I do repairing furniture.
Asked by the female colleague why I was 'looking a bit wound up', my reply, 'why is it so bloody difficult to find a decent screw round here?'.
The smirk on her face and my instant embarrassment was a picture :oops:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed May 06, 2015 4:35 pm

filthy bitch.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 09, 2015 3:55 pm

friend of mine came across this fecker on a local beach today... :shock:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat May 09, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm not sure taking a dump next to it was wise Bish, but that's impressive back spatter. :shock:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm not sure taking a dump next to it was wise Bish, but that's impressive back spatter. :shock:
:lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 10, 2015 7:25 am

thebish wrote:friend of mine came across this fecker on a local beach today... :shock:

And what did your wobbly friend think of what it found?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 10, 2015 9:24 am

^ Bravo Hobes - I knew someone would write summat like that - but I thought it would be Bruce! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 10, 2015 10:03 am

incidentally - while I was at Torquay Utd last night - I came across their proudly displayed board of famous club achievements! One of which was that 4-1 defeat to us! (snigger!)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 11, 2015 8:45 am

thebish wrote:incidentally - while I was at Torquay Utd last night - I came across their proudly displayed board of famous club achievements! One of which was that 4-1 defeat to us! (snigger!)

1 Win Four Losses and a draw? That's some honours board!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue May 12, 2015 8:10 am

wheres the best place under one roof to get kitted out for a little 'first taste' camping trip for me and the brats?

winfields/go outdoors/.. argos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue May 12, 2015 8:42 am

^ Go Outdoors is a good one-stop shop. You can buy the £5 12 month discount card at the till with your other purchases.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue May 12, 2015 9:09 am

OK cheers. Think there's one in Blackburn... Supppose Winfield's is on the way...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 12, 2015 12:26 pm

I have serious doubts about our town planners. Under-floor restaurant in the basement of the Market Hall? There's been one across the road (Russells) for donkey's years. To get folk into the Town Centre there has to be something to see more than a meal and a cinema visit.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/129 ... uge_crane/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue May 12, 2015 1:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:I have serious doubts about our town planners. Under-floor restaurant in the basement of the Market Hall? There's been one across the road (Russells) for donkey's years. To get folk into the Town Centre there has to be something to see more than a meal and a cinema visit.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/129 ... uge_crane/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There used to be one there years ago that my parents took us to regularly (Or as regularly as limited funds allowed), The Lamplighter. 3 courses for a fairly measly sum, which always included the option of cheese and biscuits displayed on a little table outside the toilet doors!

Closed down over 35 years now due I believe to the fact there was one entrance and exit point, which was up a very narrow winding staircase.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:I have serious doubts about our town planners. Under-floor restaurant in the basement of the Market Hall? There's been one across the road (Russells) for donkey's years. To get folk into the Town Centre there has to be something to see more than a meal and a cinema visit.

There used to be one there years ago that my parents took us to regularly (Or as regularly as limited funds allowed), The Lamplighter. 3 courses for a fairly measly sum, which always included the option of cheese and biscuits displayed on a little table outside the toilet doors!

Closed down over 35 years now due I believe to the fact there was one entrance and exit point, which was up a very narrow winding staircase.
I remember the Lamplighter, B.B. The bloke who once tried to teach me to play guitar used to play Classical guitar there at one time. There was also Percivals across the road from it where the smells of fresh ground coffee were stupendous (even though I'm a tea man). :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Needing a memory kick if anyone can help. Was talking to a mate of mine about a club that used to be down past The Octagon just off Great Moor Street. Can't bring the name to mind. Anyone remember it?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue May 12, 2015 1:58 pm

There was one in the basement of the old DSS building. Can't remember the name though. That's really going to bug me now................