bank holiday

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

bank holiday

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 am

Whats everyone up to?

im at work, for the first time on a b/h in my whole life! this means ill probably be around here a lot today... may even have a peep at some of the other pages, like 'other footy' or 'New members'?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: bank holiday

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:57 am

That sucks being at work! You likely to be busy?

Mr GG is off which meant he got to get up with the kids. I was asleep til 9am! Big treat! :D

Might go swimming this afternoon but not a lot planned yet.

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC76 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 am

So far I have done :

4 mile walk
Reset the valve clearance (0,2mm) on my 1989 Skoda Rapid 130, it now idles smoothly again
Been up on the roof clearing out the drains of moss & leaves - as if I didn't come winter time the water will just sit there and seep into to property (like last year when the snow melted)
Just about to go and get a can of petrol

Probably go for another walk after lunch & also make some tapes (copy from vinyl) for playing in my car as it only has a tape player.

That's about it I think .....
Means we'll miss out Monday, but come up smiling Tuesday morning.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 am

I'm at work too. Apart from Easter and Christmas shutdowns we work through Bank Holidays and get given them to take when we want.
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 am

We have a big deadline approaching so we will definitely be busy, which is a good thing!
Was on the 7am back to London this morning, full of melancholic dread, saying goodbye for another week...
Today is optional but its double time, so would be daft not to oblige - just treat it like any other week.
At least im not in friggin Afganistan or summat!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

Apparently there's all sorts going on today. Food Festival in town, 180 bands playing in Bury, Thai food festival in Rammy..... Still, it'll keep my money in my pocket I suppose.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 am

bank holidays make no odds to me as monday is my official day off anyway. I will spend some of it trying to sort out a funeral for a bloke who I have been visiting over the last couple of weeks in hospital. He is estranged from his family and has no friends and has lived like one of those hoarders you see on the telly and been horribly targetted by junk-mail scams and house-to-house roofer-scams... (he called them his "friends")

then maybe I'll finally get round to sorting out the garage so that it is transformed into half wood-workshop and half gym (with huge telly and DVD player). Currently it is crammed with all the stuff we didn't know what to do with when we moved...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 am

Oh, and it's my Mum's Birthday, so I'm off there to be fed later :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 am

also... I have to pop into the church over the road and wipe off some tyre tread marks on the parquet floor after a little incident with my bike yesterday morning....

Morning Worship by revnev, on Flickr

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm

In the Trafford Centre :hang:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:In the Trafford Centre :hang:
you have my sympathy!!! :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Apart from going for the morning papers with the dog, reading them, having an egg and bacon lunch and stooging around on here, I've not done much. Unfortunately, my dog doesn't understand why rain should interfere with his walk and he's watching me with a beady eye wondering when I'm going to take him out and get soaked.....again. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Spent it working nights. As a result I'm now tired and disorientated.

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC76 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Apart from going for the morning papers with the dog, reading them, having an egg and bacon lunch and stooging around on here, I've not done much. Unfortunately, my dog doesn't understand why rain should interfere with his walk and he's watching me with a beady eye wondering when I'm going to take him out and get soaked.....again. :(
Buy a cagoule and or big golf umbrella and then you can stay dry whilst walking the dog ...

In fact there is a BWFC gold umbrella for sale in the club shop - what a winning combination :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:49 pm

BWFC76 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Apart from going for the morning papers with the dog, reading them, having an egg and bacon lunch and stooging around on here, I've not done much. Unfortunately, my dog doesn't understand why rain should interfere with his walk and he's watching me with a beady eye wondering when I'm going to take him out and get soaked.....again. :(
Buy a cagoule and or big golf umbrella and then you can stay dry whilst walking the dog ...

In fact there is a BWFC gold umbrella for sale in the club shop - what a winning combination :grin:
Picking up dog shxt in a plastic bag whilst holding a lead and umbrella tells me you don't have a dog. I have my Victor Meldrew cap and a Rock-Face weather coat. Unfortunately my pants aren't weatherproof. I've got two golf umbrellas, by the way. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC76
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWFC76 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: Picking up dog shxt in a plastic bag whilst holding a lead and umbrella tells me you don't have a dog.
Here is a pic of my dog Victor. :box:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Surely August Bank Holiday is too early to have to shut all the windows off of their vent setting?! Well that's what I've just done. Not only that though - I also set the central heating to come on if it dips below 18 deg C. Bloody thing came straight on! Harrumph! :evil:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh, and it's my Mum's Birthday, so I'm off there to be fed later :)
Shouldn't you be feeding her?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh, and it's my Mum's Birthday, so I'm off there to be fed later :)
Well, that's a fair point, but everyone wants to see her so she puts on spread and we all pile round. She's the kind of woman that just loves to (over) feed people. I did take them both out on Mother's Day and Father's Day for a nosebag though. ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Well, that's a fair point, but everyone wants to see her so she puts on spread and we all pile round. She's the kind of woman that just loves to (over) feed people. I did take them both out on Mother's Day and Father's Day for a nosebag though. ;)
Ok, i'll let you off so long as you've bought her a really good present!