Well, I'd never have thought this ...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Well, I'd never have thought this ...

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote: I also think that given mud sticks in particular with these cases, that defendants should be granted anonymity too. I know it can sometimes lead to others coming forward, but I don't think that is a fair price.
In this day and age, Pru, what chance anonymity for anyone? The press, paparazzi or CCTV cameras will get you somewhere along the line. Even 1984 is almost thirty years in the past. :wink:
they managed it with the girl who accused him...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote: I also think that given mud sticks in particular with these cases, that defendants should be granted anonymity too. I know it can sometimes lead to others coming forward, but I don't think that is a fair price.
In this day and age, Pru, what chance anonymity for anyone? The press, paparazzi or CCTV cameras will get you somewhere along the line. Even 1984 is almost thirty years in the past. :wink:

What's the girl called?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 am

Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
What's the girl called?
I really have no idea because the law has put a block on her identity. Someone will know.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:36 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
What's the girl called?
I really have no idea because the law has put a block on her identity. Someone will know.
2 guys tweeted it ... they are both now arrested.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
What's the girl called?
Ergo - successful anonymity.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Well all I can say is that it razzes my goat that somebody who may well be, and probably is, on the balance of probability based on the facts as far as I know them, A LIAR, can be as equally anonymous as those two utter cnuts who without a doubt murdered James Bulger, and yet a man who was accused of a heinous crime and found Not Guilty can, because his name is in the public arena, still have such mud thrown at him as 'well he might not be innocent' wink wink. FFS, the law, and some of its proponents are clearly ass like in this respect.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Clearly the answer should be to grant, or remove, anonymity, in Toto. Much less pissin' about with people's lives whichever option is chosen.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:29 pm

can be as equally anonymous as those two utter cnuts who without a doubt murdered James Bulger

I think you'll find they were never granted anonimity.............................

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Il Pirate wrote:can be as equally anonymous as those two utter cnuts who without a doubt murdered James Bulger

I think you'll find they were never granted anonimity.............................
I beg to differ. They were given state sponsored new identities and the law says that those identities are anonymous and shall not be divulged...exactly.the same anonymity with equal rights under the law as we are talking about here.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:11 am

Prufrock wrote:The second is the legal position. It's a fundamental principle of the constitution of this country, and all civilised ones, that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Is this true in Scotland, Pru? "Not proven" generally implies guilt and certainly does not imply innocence. Oh wait - you said civilized countries. Never mind. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:can be as equally anonymous as those two utter cnuts who without a doubt murdered James Bulger

I beg to differ. They were given state sponsored new identities and the law says that those identities are anonymous and shall not be divulged...exactly.the same anonymity with equal rights under the law as we are talking about here.

One of them is on his FOURTH new identity. The cvnt.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

One of them is on his FOURTH new identity. The cvnt.
The first 3 of those were Joey Barton !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 am

I only ever knew of him from the Led Zeppelin song 'Hats off', but Roy Harper appears to be the latest to be charged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-he ... r-24955436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:57 am

Beefheart wrote:I only ever knew of him from the Led Zeppelin song 'Hats off', but Roy Harper appears to be the latest to be charged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-he ... r-24955436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jesus fecking Christ is there anyone in the entertainment industry from the seventies who ISN'T a nonce?

Just reading about this guy's contribution to one of the best albums of all time (Wish you were here) only to find I'm glad I fecking WASN'T!!!!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:04 pm

A Priest, a rapist and a paedophile walk into a bar. So, he orders a drink................

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 pm

:shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25108439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Been following the reporters in the court who were tweeting it. Genuinely felt sick in the stomach reading through it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote::shock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25108439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How is his name there for all to see, but 'Woman A' & 'Woman B' remain anonymous?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:20 pm

naming the women would make it possible to identify the victim(s), and as the victims must remain anonymous i guess that's why they are too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:28 pm

mrkint wrote:naming the women would make it possible to identify the victim(s), and as the victims must remain anonymous i guess that's why they are too.
Yes it's not for their protection but because of the staggering fact that they offered their own children for abuse, and their anonymity is protected. They really should be forcibly sterilised. On no account must they ever be able to conceive again.
What a horrendous piece of shit he is. Makes you wonder what the other band members knew/suspected.