TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Nothing really to update from overe the weekend, apart from he took his first steps.

He will start the last phase of the conditioning today. Dose of Fludarabine, dose of Ciclosporin (anti rejection drug). Will also be hooked up to hydration fluid for 24 hours.
Took his first steps? That's a great milestone (especially in the circumstances). Way to go, Stevie!
Who's Stevie?
:oops: Ooops, Stevie is my son who spent a lot of time in hospital as an infant. Sorry, I meant Freddie. Just another senior moment....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Nothing really to update from overe the weekend, apart from he took his first steps.

He will start the last phase of the conditioning today. Dose of Fludarabine, dose of Ciclosporin (anti rejection drug). Will also be hooked up to hydration fluid for 24 hours.
Took his first steps? That's a great milestone (especially in the circumstances). Way to go, Stevie!
Who's Stevie?
:oops: Ooops, Stevie is my son who spent a lot of time in hospital as an infant. Sorry, I meant Freddie. Just another senior moment....
Ah...no worries. :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:07 pm

^ Freddie inspects Bolton's accounts spreadsheets and concludes that Eddie is actually an OK bloke!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:09 pm

^^
Bless the child, we're still praying (well, I am)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:13 pm

He's doing remarkable well. Last dose of chemo done, they've said he will get sick over the next few days. Other than that, all systems go.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Nice pic AG. Freddie looks totally unfazed by all of the machinery and way more interested in whatever he is watching. Good lad!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:23 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:He's doing remarkable well. Last dose of chemo done, they've said he will get sick over the next few days. Other than that, all systems go.
Good stuff, apart from the sick bit. Hope he rides it out as well as can be expected.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:25 am

It's day zero....transplant day. It's still quite odd that some random person willingly underwent an operation to save another strangers life. This day is also down to Anthony Nolan, without them there would be no register/transplants/lives saved. I appreciate the time of year it is, but life threatening conditions don't check the calendar to see if it's convenient, they strike whenever. If you've already sponsored my, thank you. If not, please do so. I know I'm banging the drum a bit, but the money you donate can help save lives, like Freddie's. Thank you.

https://www.justgiving.com/Jason-Branthwaite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:23 am

Good luck to Freddie and to the rest of the family. I'll be thinking of you all today!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:02 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:Good luck to Freddie and to the rest of the family. I'll be thinking of you all today!
Thank you and thanks for the donation.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:10 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:It's day zero....transplant day. It's still quite odd that some random person willingly underwent an operation to save another strangers life. This day is also down to Anthony Nolan, without them there would be no register/transplants/lives saved. I appreciate the time of year it is, but life threatening conditions don't check the calendar to see if it's convenient, they strike whenever. If you've already sponsored my, thank you. If not, please do so. I know I'm banging the drum a bit, but the money you donate can help save lives, like Freddie's. Thank you.

https://www.justgiving.com/Jason-Branthwaite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ there's a suspiciously large number of RAWK people on there...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:21 am

thebish wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:It's day zero....transplant day. It's still quite odd that some random person willingly underwent an operation to save another strangers life. This day is also down to Anthony Nolan, without them there would be no register/transplants/lives saved. I appreciate the time of year it is, but life threatening conditions don't check the calendar to see if it's convenient, they strike whenever. If you've already sponsored my, thank you. If not, please do so. I know I'm banging the drum a bit, but the money you donate can help save lives, like Freddie's. Thank you.

^ there's a suspiciously large number of RAWK people on there...
:wink:

Thank you and thanks for the donation.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:49 am

All the very best luck. I'll be thinking of you all today.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:09 am

Hope it all goes well today. Everything crossed.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:41 pm

And we're off

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Hope it all goes well today. Everything crossed.
Ditto - in Spades.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks gents.

Transplant done. Just hope it works now.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Thanks gents.

Transplant done. Just hope it works now.
Well, nothing makes me go cold more than a poorly child so, again, everything is crossed for him ... and all the family.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:32 pm

A lot of support for young Freddie. He'll get there, never fear.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?