TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: TW Members. Introspection on an Epic scale.

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:03 pm

One of the best is our SOTWA.
He pops in every now and then to say hello but for one reason or another he can't give this place the commitment he once did.

He'd perma-ban all of us for being soft sods if he read this thread. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:51 pm

He did a lot for the site, including his diversions like Smackdown and modding. I have no idea why he pops in rarely now but perhaps things will change and he'll be back in force. He's bound to be a little ticked that he has dropped in the most posts stakes (though it will be a long time before Bobo catches him - or me for that matter). :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:He did a lot for the site, including his diversions like Smackdown and modding. I have no idea why he pops in rarely now but perhaps things will change and he'll be back in force. He's bound to be a little ticked that he has dropped in the most posts stakes (though it will be a long time before Bobo catches him - or me for that matter). :wink:

blimey - that's going back!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:47 pm

I was once in a bar which was in a basement and you walked down some stairs from the doors to get to the bar.

This bar was full of really cool people, every single one of them good folk and really sound.

SOTWA came in and as he walked down the stairs, everyone and I mean everyone just started clapping him...and then started buying him beers.

Top fella is SOTWA.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:56 pm

on an aside.i joined at the time when a guy called communistworkethic was posting. first post he lambasted me when i had the temerity to suggest Andy O'Brien was shite.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:on an aside.i joined at the time when a guy called communistworkethic was posting. first post he lambasted me when i had the temerity to suggest Andy O'Brien was shite.
Ahh the memories, I got blasted for suggesting he was sh*te and a step down from what we had before. Don't think it was Commie though. Commie did some really good and funny posts.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm

jaffka wrote:I was once in a bar which was in a basement and you walked down some stairs from the doors to get to the bar.

This bar was full of really cool people, every single one of them good folk and really sound.

SOTWA came in and as he walked down the stairs, everyone and I mean everyone just started clapping him...and then started buying him beers.Top fella is SOTWA.
That's cos he's never been known to get a fcvking round in. :mrgreen:
But yeah, good lad Mark. Pity he's not around these days.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Pretty sure he's closed down his FB account, too. Well, either that or he's just de-friend-ed me. Probably the latter. :D

He met a pretty girl and moved off somewhere. Hull, I think. Met him once on a meet-up at The Beehive and, as others attest, he really is a top, top lad.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Pretty sure he's closed down his FB account, too. Well, either that or he's just de-friend-ed me. Probably the latter. :D

He met a pretty girl and moved off somewhere. Hull, I think. Met him once on a meet-up at The Beehive and, as others attest, he really is a top, top lad.
Well, his location states "HULL, BABY!" So I'd go along with your views. There are many reasons for dropping out of the internet but hopefully he will be back one day.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:46 pm

jaffka wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:on an aside.i joined at the time when a guy called communistworkethic was posting. first post he lambasted me when i had the temerity to suggest Andy O'Brien was shite.
Ahh the memories, I got blasted for suggesting he was sh*te and a step down from what we had before. Don't think it was Commie though. Commie did some really good and funny posts.
Commie was a great lambaster, no doubt. Also made some interesting posts. I guess he lambasted the wrong people too often, which was a pity as he did make a good contribution when he didn't verge of personal attacks.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Pretty sure he's closed down his FB account, too. Well, either that or he's just de-friend-ed me. Probably the latter. :D

Well, his location states "HULL, BABY!" So I'd go along with your views. There are many reasons for dropping out of the internet but hopefully he will be back one day.

With abit of luck

Seems a decent fella
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 am

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed a certain member who browses the site on a regular basis but has yet to post a single thing even though they joined way back in March. How strange. I mean, you can still browse without registering, so why go to the trouble and then not contribute?

I’m talking about BWFC90
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 am

When you register you get the unread post threads shown in red. Non registered lurkers don't get that facility.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:57 am

CrazyHorse wrote:When you register you get the unread post threads shown in red. Non registered lurkers don't get that facility.
Ahhhh. Mystery explained.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:When you register you get the unread post threads shown in red. Non registered lurkers don't get that facility.
Ahhhh. Mystery explained.
See, even you can learn a thing or two from the ghost train rider of Little Lever.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:47 am

So can somebody explain to me (and other noobs) what domed is all about?????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 am

Indeed. Folks used to post doomed before matches. Over time this started morphing into DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED and other lengthy variants.

At some point, someone asked whether without lots of "O"s it was domed.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:59 am

Worthy4England wrote:Indeed. Folks used to post doomed before matches. Over time this started morphing into DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED and other lengthy variants.

:D Ta.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Indeed. Folks used to post doomed before matches. Over time this started morphing into DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED and other lengthy variants.

And thank you for asking..... :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Similarly - where did Simpons Ligue come from?
May the bridges I burn light your way