27 Dead In USA Primary School Shooting.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Re: 27 Dead In USA Primary School Shooting.

Post by americantrotter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Mummy, You have got to stop the divisive president rant. You keep bringing it to the table every time. It is obvious you do not care for him and your political brethren in the US follow the same line of thinking. Block him at every path, say he cant build a foundation of bi-partisanship, and then lament his path as divisive.

He won an election fair and square. Won the majority in both elections. The last president to do so was Reagan.

He is not any more divisive than any member of either party and in fact the Republicans are coming to the realization that painting him as such and being hard line in the Congress has cost them the opportunity to be the majority. The next major point is that Americans are actually impressed with the way that he has handled this tradgedy and other events that defy partisanship like Hurricane Sandy.

I will say that you stay on message like your fellow conservatives in the US. But even they have found out that repeating an untruth ad naseum does not always make it stick.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm

A gun dealer in North Carolina has claimed guns sales have "gone through the roof" since the latest tragedy. Apparently, people are buying before any laws get time to change.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:19 pm

americantrotter wrote:Mummy, You have got to stop the divisive president rant. You keep bringing it to the table every time. It is obvious you do not care for him and your political brethren in the US follow the same line of thinking. Block him at every path, say he cant build a foundation of bi-partisanship, and then lament his path as divisive.

He won an election fair and square. Won the majority in both elections. The last president to do so was Reagan.

He is not any more divisive than any member of either party and in fact the Republicans are coming to the realization that painting him as such and being hard line in the Congress has cost them the opportunity to be the majority. The next major point is that Americans are actually impressed with the way that he has handled this tradgedy and other events that defy partisanship like Hurricane Sandy.

I will say that you stay on message like your fellow conservatives in the US. But even they have found out that repeating an untruth ad naseum does not always make it stick.
Mate, I am not ranting - just commenting on how things appear from this considerable distance. It's true that I don't think Obama is a charmer and deal maker when it comes to people he disagrees with, but generally I make this observation that he appears divisive without a comment on whether it's his 'fault' or not. Mostly I think it is not, but he doesn't help matters.

I'm not sure such a thing as my 'political brethren' exists in the US and I certainly don't think I would be considered a 'conservative' on any American scale, other than the fact that I am a realist when it comes to dealing with the people and views that currently make up your quite different country to ours.

Monty recently commented on another thread that I should consider moving to America where I would find more like-minded people when it comes to my views on 'elites'. The truth is, there probably isn't enough tea in China to persuade me to go.
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:22 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
americantrotter wrote:Mummy, You have got to stop the divisive president rant. You keep bringing it to the table every time. It is obvious you do not care for him and your political brethren in the US follow the same line of thinking. Block him at every path, say he cant build a foundation of bi-partisanship, and then lament his path as divisive.

Mate, I am not ranting, just commenting on how things appear from this considerable distance. It's true that I don't think Obama is a charmer and deal maker when it comes to people he disagrees with, but generally I make this observation that he appears divisive without a comment on whether it's his 'fault' or not. Mostly I think it is not, but he doesn't help matters.

I'm not sure such a thing as my 'political brethren' exists in the US and I certainly don't think I would be considered a 'conservative' on any American scale, other than the fact that I am a realist when it comes to dealing with the people and views that currently make up your quite different country to ours.

Monty recently commented on another thread that I should consider moving to America where I would find more like-minded people when it comes to my views on 'elites'. The truth is, there probably isn't enough tea in China to persuade me to go.
Clearly you are too elitist! :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:56 pm

The US is a wonderful place. A lot of our problems are different than those of Europe, but it just means there are different challenges.

You may see a high amount of what makes us different in a negative light, but it's much the same that we in the US only get to see you all as too PC, socialized, beer drinking, chav hooligans. (Which I know you are not)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm

americantrotter wrote:The US is a wonderful place. A lot of our problems are different than those of Europe, but it just means there are different challenges.

You may see a high amount of what makes us different in a negative light, but it's much the same that we in the US only get to see you all as too PC, socialized, beer drinking, chav hooligans. (Which I know you are not)
Well, some of them are...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:33 pm

americantrotter wrote:The US is a wonderful place. A lot of our problems are different than those of Europe, but it just means there are different challenges.

You certainly can't accuse an American of that! :vomit:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm

are the chav hooligans too PC??? :conf:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Surely it's not just limiting the number of guns, but also limiting the number of people who can purchase guns?

If they brought in legislation, there'd still be millions of guns around though. Could they conceivably police it, so that people who owned multiple guns could only have one, with the rest being safely destroyed?! I'm not sure..

Logistically it would be a big task and a heavy hit financially, but what's more important? The lives of thousands each year, or keeping the funds?!

Constitutional rights are bollocks excuse too.. As Team America sang: "Freedom isn't free, it costs folk like you and me"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:

You certainly can't accuse an American of that! :vomit:
I am just making a statement based on available stereotypes on this side of the pond. I am well aware that we drink our fair share of beer.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Bollocks. I've supped more boiling tar that you lot have supped ale! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 pm

All a bit immaterial now, but years ago you could buy a shotgun licence for ten bob at any post office in U.K. As a younger man I had 4/10 and .22 shotguns. The latter fired a standard .22 paper shot cartridge and also a standard .22 bullet.

Interesting article on British gun law here. http://www.fourten.org.uk/BritishFirear ... ntrols.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:07 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:

Mate, I am not ranting, just commenting on how things appear from this considerable distance. It's true that I don't think Obama is a charmer and deal maker when it comes to people he disagrees with, but generally I make this observation that he appears divisive without a comment on whether it's his 'fault' or not. Mostly I think it is not, but he doesn't help matters.

Did I really read that from a member of a group of people who defend the scum of the earth, for money of course. Being a true realist you'd be refusing to have anything to do with them knowing you'd lie on their behalf!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:09 am

Keep taking the pills, Hoboh.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Keep taking the pills, Hoboh.
No need. End of the world tomorrow.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am

Now then, back onto logical progressions...

The head of the NRA today claimed that all Banks, sports stadiums, power stations etc etc in America had armed guards, so was it not therefore a logical extension to also encompass schools?

Of course, a simpleton like me might be tempted to ask why it was already necessary to have armed guards on all the banks, sports stadiums, power stations etc etc.

Oh, and can someone explain to me why being a firefighter is considered patriotic? And how in the world of f*ck can patriotism as a virtue help in the fight against gun-toting maniacs?

And whilst we're at it, aside from the lunacy of tooling up every school campus in the country, what level of stupid do you have to have plumbed to believe that armed ex-servicemen wandering around the place are the answer? Has anyone seen the amount of deaths/injury/incidents caused by ex-servicemen (potentially and probably with PTSD) in America?

Why don't they just shoot all the members of The NRA and have done with this?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:28 am

No, still missed the logic part...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:08 am

When you've come to the logical conclusion that Obama has no control over those who hate him, but that they who hate have a choice who to hate, you will.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:11 am

That's not a logical conclusion of anything. Just two separate statements.

1. Obama has no control over those who hate him.
2. Those who hate Obama have a choice whether they want to hate him or not.

What's your point?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:37 am

That you're not ready yet.