News Headlines

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: News Headlines

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Darlington Head Teacher tells parents to wash and get dressed before bringing their six fingered progeny to school, the dirty disgusting lazyarsed wankers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35413153
Well done, Kate Chisholm. Nothing says 'I am a scratchcard-playing, total fecking dropout with no self-respect whatsoever' quite like wearing nightwear outdoors.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Darlington Head Teacher tells parents to wash and get dressed before bringing their six fingered progeny to school, the dirty disgusting lazyarsed wankers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35413153
Well done, Kate Chisholm. Nothing says 'I am a scratchcard-playing, total fecking dropout with no self-respect whatsoever' quite like wearing nightwear outdoors.
Yes. However she's probably got her work cut out in Darlo...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:41 pm

The BBC's News front page headlines today.

Doctors' contract to be imposed - Hunt

Nato steps into Aegean migrant crisis

New Top Gear presenters revealed. :roll: Well done.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:36 am

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirate ... 3-1.624032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just in case any of you decide to visit, worth noting...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:05 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirate ... 3-1.624032

Your fecked after the other days moan then :lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:22 am

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirate ... 3-1.624032

Your fecked after the other days moan then :lol:
Sshhhhhhhhhhh *halo*

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:23 pm

A few weeks ago a massive building the old Didcot Power Station, undergoing demolition, collapsed. One person died and 3 are missing still.

A terrible tragedy. It's easy for we bystanders to be rational and calm minded about it whilst the families of those 4 are in the thick of it and "being rational" I less easy. Who knows how we would react.

However, due to a tenuous link, I've watched the progress .... or lack thereof .... of the search for the missing people for the past weeks. To of the families are raging due to a lack of progress. The one from near Swansea I particular is never of the TV in South Wales demanding action to get her partner out. She maintains he's well, just unfound ... and unfound because the search is too slow and too undirected. She's demanding more action. Maybe we all would. But he's dead love. Probably from the very moment the building collapsed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-35797432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Anyone thinking about a holiday in Turkey this year? Really?? After last night's bomb, the only way they can ramp up the ante is by attacking a holiday resort and destroying the country's tourist industry. My money's on Marmaris or Kusadasi.

So, quick check then. That's Morocco out, Tunisia out, Turkey out, Greek Islands Ok-ish (but you might want to give the inflatable boat trip a miss), Sicily out.

Scarborough anyone?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Anyone thinking about a holiday in Turkey this year? Really?? After last night's bomb, the only way they can ramp up the ante is by attacking a holiday resort and destroying the country's tourist industry. My money's on Marmaris or Kusadasi.

So, quick check then. That's Morocco out, Tunisia out, Turkey out, Greek Islands Ok-ish (but you might want to give the inflatable boat trip a miss), Sicily out.

Scarborough anyone?
Try Montego Bay, Bob. Quite a few Brits there, including an alarming number from Birmingham and Wolverhampton. But for them, the terrorist alert was low.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Anyone thinking about a holiday in Turkey this year? Really?? After last night's bomb, the only way they can ramp up the ante is by attacking a holiday resort and destroying the country's tourist industry. My money's on Marmaris or Kusadasi.

Scarborough anyone?
Spain/ Italy/ France or far away, isn't it?

Think we're going to go to India this summer as the GF is currently in Singapore for 6 months and this, apparently, constitutes meeting "half-way"! (Though tbf, real half-way is pretty much the Middle East, so no ta - warzone of soulless UAE.)

Think you're generous with the rest of North Africa tbf, Egypt and Algeria are out too (and Libya was never in).

PROJECT FEAR!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Maldives Pru. You might pick up some brownie points and you're less likely to hit trouble than India. Very expensive, but soooooo worth it. Whatever you do, don't fly BA there, Emirates or Qatar are the better options...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Prufrock wrote:

Scarborough anyone?

Think we're going to go to India this summer as the GF is currently in Singapore for 6 months and this, apparently, constitutes meeting "half-way"! (Though tbf, real half-way is pretty much the Middle East, so no ta - warzone of soulless UAE.)

Think you're generous with the rest of North Africa tbf, Egypt and Algeria are out too (and Libya was never in).

PROJECT FEAR!
Nor Mali, or Sudan (North or South), northern Nigeria, Eritrea, Yemen, or Somalia. I'd stay pretty much clear of any resort in Kenya within driving distance of the border with Somalia too. Hmmm, plus Western Sahara, Mauretania, Niger, Chad, and the Central African Republic.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Maldives Pru. You might pick up some brownie points and you're less likely to hit trouble than India. Very expensive, but soooooo worth it. Whatever you do, don't fly BA there, Emirates or Qatar are the better options...
To be fair, he could probably row it. His wrists will be easily strong enough by now.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:

Scarborough anyone?

PROJECT FEAR!
You are going about things the wrong way, Pru. Waikiki Beach is halfway between London and Singapore....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:After last night's bomb, the only way they can ramp up the ante is by attacking a holiday resort and destroying the country's tourist industry. My money's on Marmaris or Kusadasi.
Wouldn't be the first time. A Kurdish group (TAK) bombed both places in 2005/2006.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Maldives Pru. You might pick up some brownie points and you're less likely to hit trouble than India. Very expensive, but soooooo worth it. Whatever you do, don't fly BA there, Emirates or Qatar are the better options...
To be fair, he could probably row it. His wrists will be easily strong enough by now.
:lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Scarborough anyone?

PROJECT FEAR!
Nor Mali, or Sudan (North or South), northern Nigeria, Eritrea, Yemen, or Somalia. I'd stay pretty much clear of any resort in Kenya within driving distance of the border with Somalia too. Hmmm, plus Western Sahara, Mauretania, Niger, Chad, and the Central African Republic.
And you can definitely add Cote du Ivoire to that list as gunmen killed sixteen and injured dozens when they attacked a beach resort. Yesterday.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Anyone thinking about a holiday in Turkey this year?
A couple of years ago I had to go to do some work in the lovely Turkish coastal town of Izmir. Always fancied going back there for a week's break. The place was on the news the other night - full to bursting with Syrians.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Anyone thinking about a holiday in Turkey this year?
A couple of years ago I had to go to do some work in the lovely Turkish coastal town of Izmir. Always fancied going back there for a week's break. The place was on the news the other night - full to bursting with Syrians.
It was one of the great cosmopolitan cities of the world when it was called Smyrna. This all ended in 1922 when Attaturk captured it in 1922 and set fire to it, before changing the name. I wrote an article on it a few years ago (which got me into trouble with both the Turks and Armenians).