This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

art1225
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by art1225 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:43 am

R.I.P The Greatest

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:17 pm

R I P all those folk caught up in that massacre in Orlando.

Tragic.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Awful incident and my thoughts are with everyone caught up in it.

It will provide an interesting dilemma to some in the bible belt. On the one hand, they despise ISIS, on the other, they'll be claiming this is The Lord's revenge for what they see as the life choices of the victims.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:04 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Awful incident and my thoughts are with everyone caught up in it.

It will provide an interesting dilemma to some in the bible belt. On the one hand, they despise ISIS, on the other, they'll be claiming this is The Lord's revenge for what they see as the life choices of the victims.
While they might consider AIDS the Lord's Revenge, I doubt more than a handful would see this tragedy in this way. Hopefully it will be the final straw to arguments against gun control.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:49 am

More guns in the gay community would have prevented this Monty. Really.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:12 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Awful incident and my thoughts are with everyone caught up in it.

You may (or may not) wish to read the words of this despicable nice person then, Bob.

http://www.metroweekly.com/2016/06/texa ... shootings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:30 am

It is written in the Constitution that the people have the right to bear arms.

Written towards the end of the 18th century these 'arms' consisted of single shot muskets and rifles as well as swords. Now, if the American Government restricted the bearers of arms to these items alone people would still die. Far fewer, however, would be massacred and injured in their dozens before police could intervene.

You don't need access to an assault rifle unless you are a member of the armed forces.

Stop F*cking about America and grow up!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:46 am

Have to wonder how somebody got an assault rifle and a handgun into a nightclub?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Have to wonder how somebody got an assault rifle and a handgun into a nightclub?
How easy is it to stop someone with an assault rifle and a handgun from getting into a nightclub though?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Quite apposite, I thought.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Beefheart wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Have to wonder how somebody got an assault rifle and a handgun into a nightclub?
How easy is it to stop someone with an assault rifle and a handgun from getting into a nightclub though?
He was apparently sitting around having a drink or 2 before getting down to business. I thought the ISIS pricks were all supposed to be about being the devoutist of devout muslims, yet there he is getting pissed and hanging out with homosexuals :roll:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Florida Senator Marco Rubio said gun controls would not have prevented the tragedy.
This from a bloke who wanted to run the country. What goes through their fcking heads? I could almost see an argument around the right to bear arms - if that's what the country wants, then that's their pick. But to contend that the free availability of high powered automatic weapons has no impact on the amount of times they're used to carry out mass murders, beggars belief.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 pm

I had the gun control argument with a namesake of mine who lives in Colorado. He was adamant that he needed his assault rifle to counter any future North Korean invasion or to tackle his own government should it try to take over his state. Faced with that logic, I gave up.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
He was apparently sitting around having a drink or 2 before getting down to business. I thought the ISIS pricks were all supposed to be about being the devoutist of devout muslims, yet there he is getting pissed and hanging out with homosexuals :roll:
I understand he had been going there for two years and had picked up male partners.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I had the gun control argument with a namesake of mine who lives in Colorado. He was adamant that he needed his assault rifle to counter any future North Korean invasion or to tackle his own government should it try to take over his state. Faced with that logic, I gave up.
That's because Colorado must be the first line of defence against invasion from the Pacific and/or Washington desperately wants to make Colorado a new suburb! If the North Koreans get to Colorado I don't think an assault rifle will help a lot.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
I understand he had been going there for two years and had picked up male partners.
I'm informed giving is ok, it's the receiving that is considered heinous.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
So what the hell is this? Looking less like a terrorist 'Lone Wolf' under ISIS enthral.

Is it a revenge attack on a jilted lover?

Was he being blackmailed?

Whatever it is doesn't lend itself to the Gun Lobby's argument that assault rifles can be bought as easily a loaves of bread.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
I'm informed giving is ok, it's the receiving that is considered heinous.
Oh aye?

Pushing back is definitely a no-no. :mrgreen:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Oh aye?

Pushing back is definitely a no-no. :mrgreen:
Merely sharing the hypocrisy that exists in some parts of the world :mrgreen:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Tragically the Jo Cox discussion gets moved here. Out in her constituency doing what MPs are supposed to do and murdered by some lunatic. 41 years old and leaving 2 children. RIP.