This weeks RIP's........

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
KeyserSoze
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1874
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Leonard Nimoy. He lived long, and prospered. RIP.
#Jesuispratley

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24888
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:00 pm

I guess he'll now have a red top, for his next away mission...

Farewell, Mr Spock.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12906
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Leonard Nimoy RIP

Truly shocked by this I hope you find 'Life Jim, but not as we know it'.

Really, really sad.

"Of all the souls I have ever encountered, his was the most human."
Last edited by Hoboh on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12756
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:20 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Leonard Nimoy. He lived long, and prospered. RIP.
RIP indeed - something from my twenties has gone. His last tweet was LLAP.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Worryingly close to Old Tr*fford.
Contact:

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by clapton is god » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:22 am

I see Dave Mackay has died:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/31704507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now there was a true footballing legend!

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38831
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am

clapton is god wrote:I see Dave Mackay has died:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/31704507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now there was a true footballing legend!
Met him once at Franny Lee's house with Mike Summerbee, Rod Thomas and Rodney Marsh. Polite enough bloke, but he didn't ask for my autograph though. :(

:D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
clapton is god wrote:I see Dave Mackay has died:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/31704507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now there was a true footballing legend!
Met him once at Franny Lee's house with Mike Summerbee, Rod Thomas and Rodney Marsh. Polite enough bloke, but he didn't ask for my autograph though. :(

:D

Didn't really know of him until I read 'The Damned United'

Then realised the affable old geezer who owned and ran the local school uniform and Tie shop round the corner from me was the very same.

Nice bloke. R.I.P.

a1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by a1 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:23 am

harrison ford doing a matthew harding/nickfarage/buddyholly nearly was one ..

reminded me of the worst star wars 7 spoiler i've heard so far.

but i'll not tell.

anyway looks like its more farage than buddy, so thats good

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:24 am

a1 wrote:harrison ford doing a matthew harding/nickfarage/buddyholly nearly was one ..

reminded me of the worst star wars 7 spoiler i've heard so far.

but i'll not tell.

anyway looks like its more farage than buddy, so thats good

He flies the Millennium Falcon ffs!

Landing a Cessna should be a piece of piss.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36653
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:37 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
a1 wrote:harrison ford doing a matthew harding/nickfarage/buddyholly nearly was one ..

reminded me of the worst star wars 7 spoiler i've heard so far.

but i'll not tell.

anyway looks like its more farage than buddy, so thats good

He flies the Millennium Falcon ffs!

Landing a Cessna should be a piece of piss.
He's alive, isn't he? I don't think Stoner-Boy's quite got the drift of this thread.
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3427
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by a1 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
He's alive, isn't he? I don't think Stoner-Boy's quite got the drift of this thread.
i do, as i said "nearly was one (an RIP)", nigel farage lived through his too, and i refered to that one even more by 'grading' ford's aircraft accident to farage's rather than buddy holly's and expressed 'gladness' that it was that way round.

i knew he was 'OK' by the time i made the post, hence my star wars 7 spoiler joke (and its a big one, i'm not even that bothered, and its spoiled it for me if true)

star wars is a film from the 1970s that harrison ford was in, he was also in american graffiti which is set in the '60s but is also from the '70s . both were directed by the same dude. he was in blade runner too, thats from the 80s but is set about 4 years from today. so honda will have to get a move on* .



*the last line is a reference to this

KeyserSoze
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1874
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Terry Pratchett

RIP
#Jesuispratley

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36653
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:24 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Terry Pratchett

RIP
Just reading that. Apparently he sold over 85 million books worldwide, yet I don't appear to be familiar with any of them. :?

RIP.
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2376
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Worryingly close to Old Tr*fford.
Contact:

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by clapton is god » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:30 pm

Wow! The end came mercifully quickly for him then. He was suffering from Alzheimers but when last heard of seemed to have it all together still. I was only thinking recently that he had gone out of the public gaze. I wonder if he intervened in natures own sweet course knowing what was ahead?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24888
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:35 pm

Stunned. Was only looking whether he had another book due out a week or so ago...

85 million books worldwide and I've read pretty much all of them (not all 85 million) :-)

Farewell Terry and thanks for all the great work.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Stunned. Was only looking whether he had another book due out a week or so ago...

85 million books worldwide and I've read pretty much all of them (not all 85 million) :-)

Farewell Terry and thanks for all the great work.

seconded... key figure in my kids' love of books from an early age...
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 15355
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:42 pm
Location: Vagantes numquam erramus

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:41 pm

I've only read a couple, and I may use the inevitable opportunities that will arise from this to read more, but they were laugh out loud funny.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20868
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Prufrock » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've only read a couple, and I may use the inevitable opportunities that will arise from this to read more, but they were laugh out loud funny.
^

Big figure in Humanism too.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24888
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've only read a couple, and I may use the inevitable opportunities that will arise from this to read more, but they were laugh out loud funny.
Funniest one I think I read (and I think I've done all the Discworld ones) was Witches Abroad - heartily recommended if you've not read it yet. :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: This weeks RIP's........

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:42 pm

we used to have a scrawny chicken called Rincewind...
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 32 guests