Holy Matrimony - pfft

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Holy Matrimony - pfft

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Padderborn House is on Le Mans crescent, another name you've probably never heard of. They are our twin towns - actually, you've probably heard of Le Mans.

The crescent is where the library and court buildings are, running around the Town hall.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:48 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: followed by a dinner at the Yew Tree (I wonder if that still exists).
As in the Yew Tree in Adlington/Rivington ?

If so, yes ... it most certainly does. Still a fine establishment.

http://www.yewtreeinnchorley.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it's another one .... it depends.
Yes, it was up near the Anglezarke reservoir.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Padderborn House is on Le Mans crescent, another name you've probably never heard of. They are our twin towns - actually, you've probably heard of Le Mans.

The crescent is where the library and court buildings are, running around the Town hall.
Back in my day, it was known as the Town Hall Crescent (I did no know we had twins and didn't back then). Back in 1966 I used to work in the reference room of the library. This was before everything seems blocked to vehicular traffic. No meters either.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 pm

I was briefly seeing a girl from Paderborn once. She looked like Lily Allen. Trufax.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Ive done it twice, biggish affairs both times and on both occasions I had no say in the matter. Thing is, I did it for probably the wrong reasons on both occasions. Now I really would like to do it and make a commitment to someone I'm madly in love with, it just looks like I love wedding cake :(

My daughter's best friend was getting married in Barbados at Christmas. For family reasons, they now have to hold it at home........................its costing them more than double.

Take from the above what you will, I'm now maudlin and rambling.......
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Padderborn House is on Le Mans crescent, another name you've probably never heard of. They are our twin towns - actually, you've probably heard of Le Mans.

Back in my day, it was known as the Town Hall Crescent (I did no know we had twins and didn't back then). Back in 1966 I used to work in the reference room of the library. This was before everything seems blocked to vehicular traffic. No meters either.
I got married - first time, not the first mistake in my life, but one of the biggest - in 1968. The registry office then was on mawdsley street. I had a friend crazy about animals. And he passed a pet shop on his way to the wedding and bought a snake. It escaped during the ceremony. Causing screams, exits, confusion, fear etc.

I suspect he did it on purpose. He didn't like events that weren't all about him.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Goodness me - it certainly seems to move around - mind, if they never caught the snake that might be good.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Get summat like this on the go, General. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH7NxtJqYRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:22 pm

First wedding was of the grand style. It was a lovely wedding. Made so by the folks that attended. (Would have thought it perfect but for.................)

Second wedding was truly perfect and was in Vegas. 30 people each known intimately well. Plenty to do with the folks before and after. A great time and the perfect wedding.