Spotty's Little Known Facts

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spotty's Little Known Facts

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:35 pm

The IQ test, as developed by Binet, was a tool not to determine how intelligent a person is, but how stupid.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:The IQ test, as developed by Binet, was a tool not to determine how intelligent a person is, but how stupid.
anyway the spectrum ran from idiot through imbecile to moron. Some time later cretin was added. The system was abandoned after Stanford made it a more statistically based test (as opposed to purely reading age determined) and because California in its legislative wisdom attempted to classify six different types of idiot.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:25 pm

Abraham Lincoln had the biggest feet of all the U.S Presidents. He wore size 14 shoes. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:33 pm

You'll have to be over 45 for this one but ....

Wayne Hemmingway, the fashion designer. His father was 'Billy Two-Rivers".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:You'll have to be over 45 for this one but ....

I'm over 45 and still I haven't a fecking clue who Billy Two-Rivers is/was. Is that what the school register'll have had him down as? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I'm over 45 and still I haven't a fecking clue who Billy Two-Rivers is/was. Is that what the school register'll have had him down as? :?

Wrestler and Native American rights campaigner Bruce. Do keep up!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:00 pm

These numbers overlook union square in NY

What do they represent?

And no, it isn't the national debt as everyone seems to say.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:42 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:These numbers overlook union square in NY

What do they represent?

And no, it isn't the national debt as everyone seems to say.
Its some kind of time metronome

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:46 pm

The eight numbers on the left, read left to right, show the current time that has passed since midnight. The eight numbers on the right, read right to left (but in two number blocks...so the '04' on the left would be read as four, not forty), show how much time is left til midnight.
Last edited by KeyserSoze on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:48 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:The seven numbers on the left, read left to right, show the current time that has passed since midnight. The seven numbers on the right, read right to left (but in two number blocks...so the '04' on the left would be read as four, not forty), show how much time is left til midnight.
The real question is the middle number!!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 pm

PC1978 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:The seven numbers on the left, read left to right, show the current time that has passed since midnight. The seven numbers on the right, read right to left (but in two number blocks...so the '04' on the left would be read as four, not forty), show how much time is left til midnight.
oops. should it be eight? think it should. Meh, it goes to fast for anyone to care anyway :)

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:55 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
PC1978 wrote:
oops. should it be eight? think it should. Meh, it goes to fast for anyone to care anyway :)
No, it can't be eight as there are only 15 numbers. If it were a digit that is used for both, it would have to be 5 or 0 all the time. But it isn't. So what is the middle number?????

I remember watching something on which somebody was trying to find out but they failed!!!!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:01 pm

PC1978 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
PC1978 wrote:
No, it can't be eight as there are only 15 numbers. If it were a digit that is used for both, it would have to be 5 or 0 all the time. But it isn't. So what is the middle number?????

I remember watching something on which somebody was trying to find out but they failed!!!!

This says they just overlay one another? http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/ ... time/?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Well, quite.

He fought in the classic wrestling era when Kent Walton commentated at the Wryton Stadium every other week ... with Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus, the 'Royal Brothers' (my dad's cousins), Les Kellett, Kendo Nagasaki etc. He came into the ring with a full headdress and wore a Mohican hair-cut.

Tssk.

Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:43 pm

And here they all are at the Wryton Reservation, including the famous unmasking of Japanese legend Kendo Nagasaki (Actually Peter Thornley of Stoke on Trent:). In the words of Mad Frank Holt (who was a wrestler) " Anyone who thinks the stuff they see on television is real belongs in a psychiatric ward. It's an insult to common sense. Twas good fun though.. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozOu0E7jxCM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

He is a Mohawk from the Kahnawake reservation near Montreal and I think he is still alive. As a wrestler his finishing move was the Tomahawk Chop. He was part of a successful tag team with Johnny War Eagle. I actually met Billy in a bar on several occasion - just an ordinary bloke. He did become a tribal chief later. I did not know his son was Wayne Hemingway - indeed my ignorance of Mr. Hemingway is about the same as that of Bruce's re his father.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Reach for the skies, Monty!
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Bloody hell! Monty's shot Billy Two Rivers. Still, it's better to shoot first and ask questions later.

Monty kicked the lifeless form of the Iroquoi brave. 'So', he snarled, 'Are you really Wayne Hemingway's dad? Did you run off with that pools millionaire? What's Angelina Jolie really like?'
:D
No, it was definitely an Apache - it must have been a military helicopter's dad.
I knew I'd read that Billy Two Rivers was Wayne's dad and I figured such useless info could only have come from the General Banter section of this forum. Not sure what Angelina had to do with it all though

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Reach for the skies, Monty!
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Bloody hell! Monty's shot Billy Two Rivers. Still, it's better to shoot first and ask questions later.

Monty kicked the lifeless form of the Iroquoi brave. 'So', he snarled, 'Are you really Wayne Hemingway's dad? Did you run off with that pools millionaire? What's Angelina Jolie really like?'
:D
No, it was definitely an Apache - it must have been a military helicopter's dad.
I knew I'd read that Billy Two Rivers was Wayne's dad and I figured such useless info could only have come from the General Banter section of this forum. Not sure what Angelina had to do with it all though
I went back to that thread and find I had discovered he was the father of Hemingway - a fact I clearly found forgettable. :oops: Gosh, as Dan Dare said, you have to be very careful with little green men around.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:11 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
PC1978 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
PC1978 wrote:

This says they just overlay one another? http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/ ... time/?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So how exactly does the clock work? “The Passage” is a 15-digit clock that counts the time from midnight. When read left to right, the seven numbers to the left count the hours and minutes that have passed since midnight. When read right to left, the seven numbers to the right counts the hours and minutes remaining until midnight. The number in the middle is a hundredth of a second and is just a blur to the naked eye.

For example, if the clock reads 070437000235616, it means that 7 hours, 4 minutes, 37 seconds, and 0 tenths of a second have passed since midnight. Therefore, it is 7:04 AM (and you’re still drunk in Union Square). There are also 16 hours, 56 minutes, 23 seconds, and 0 tenths of a second until the next midnight.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

He is a Mohawk from the Kahnawake reservation near Montreal and I think he is still alive. As a wrestler his finishing move was the Tomahawk Chop. He was part of a successful tag team with Johnny War Eagle. I actually met Billy in a bar on several occasion - just an ordinary bloke. He did become a tribal chief later. I did not know his son was Wayne Hemingway - indeed my ignorance of Mr. Hemingway is about the same as that of Bruce's re his father.
Oh well, Monty , I can tell you that Wayne Andrew Hemingway, MBE (born Morecambe, Lancashire, 19 January 1961) is an English fashion designer and co-founder of Red or Dead. He is also chairman of the 'South Coast Design Forum', and chair of Building For Life (the national standard for well-designed homes and neighbourhoods forum), so how about that for knowledge?! :)
May the bridges I burn light your way