Malaysia Airlines MH370

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Malaysia Airlines MH370

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:19 pm

I reckon that plane is closer to home than being admitted to

The theft of the plane was more symbolic than its actual disappearance, I believe it has been short runway ditched by a pilot practising this manoeuvre and will never fly again.

No one has spotted this plane because;

A. it was nighttime

B. Planes are every where all the time you just don't notice them anymore

The Malaysians are possibly in negotiations with the hijackers and keeping it quiet.

I sense a well-organised group behind this not your usual 'terrorist' types

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Malaysia Airlines MH370

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:27 pm

It would appear to have been hijacked, probably by the pilot. What with the transponder and ACARS system being switched off (the latter being in the aircrafts belly), would suggest someone didn't want people to know where it's going....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 pm

I don't know if there's any truth in this, and I wouldn't dare speculate on what's happened, but Our Kid told me yesterday that the engine management systems relay info back to the manufacturers (RR?) which said that they received said info that the engines were operating for something like five or six hours after the flight had disappeared from radar. Has anyone else read that?

I'm fully aware that there'll be no end of conspirators gleefully rubbing their hands and publishing complete bollocks about this issue, by the way.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I don't know if there's any truth in this, and I wouldn't dare speculate on what's happened, but Our Kid told me yesterday that the engine management systems relay info back to the manufacturers (RR?) which said that they received said info that the engines were operating for something like five or six hours after the flight had disappeared from radar. Has anyone else read that?

I'm fully aware that there'll be no end of conspirators gleefully rubbing their hands and publishing complete bollocks about this issue, by the way.
Tosser! :mrgreen:

The pinging bit is correct but I have read since that the plane could be on the ground and the ping continue until the electrical power died
It is a bit confusing to be fair I mean presumably like a fork lift truck a plane has an isolator that cuts all power to everything and if you wanted to hide surely you'd hit that switch if on the ground

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:I don't know if there's any truth in this, and I wouldn't dare speculate on what's happened, but Our Kid told me yesterday that the engine management systems relay info back to the manufacturers (RR?) which said that they received said info that the engines were operating for something like five or six hours after the flight had disappeared from radar. Has anyone else read that?

The pinging bit is correct but I have read since that the plane could be on the ground and the ping continue until the electrical power died
It is a bit confusing to be fair I mean presumably like a fork lift truck a plane has an isolator that cuts all power to everything and if you wanted to hide surely you'd hit that switch if on the ground
Sorry - "pinging"? Is that the transferring of information?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Kin'ell You just wouldn't believe it!
We have many radar systems operating in this area, but nothing was picked up," Rear Admiral Sudhir Pillai, chief of staff of India's Andamans and Nicobar Command, told Reuters. "It's possible that the military radars were switched off as we operate on an 'as required' basis."

Separately, a defense source said that India did not keep its radar facilities operational at all times because of cost. Asked what the reason was, the source said: "Too expensive."

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 pm

I think it's because of the EU.

Ever since they made everyone make planes to work like forklift trucks.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Yes it sends a simple ping out to acknowledge it is operating unless the airline subscribes to an active ongoing maintenance program in which case it will relay more information back about on board systems, Malaysian airways did not pay for this.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I think it's because of the EU.

Your being silly there mate they are a fail safe system to prevent accidents or fires

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Hoboh wrote:

Your being silly there mate they are a fail safe system to prevent accidents or fires
You're right. The EU have hid it using the notorious US spies Penn and Teller. They needed to practice on something of a reasonable size, before making the Ukraine disappear tomorrow, to see how Putin will react.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 pm

US public radio station WNYC has put together an interesting infographic showing where the aircraft could be if it has successfully landed at a secret location.

Boeing 777s need a runway to be at least 5,000 feet long, limiting the number of possible sites within the 2,200 nautical mile-radius it is believed the plane could have flown from its last known position within the five hours it is thought to have remained airborne:
Thats a lot of searching!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

You're right. The EU have hid it using the notorious US spies Penn and Teller. They needed to practice on something of a reasonable size, before making the Ukraine disappear tomorrow, to see how Putin will react.
What has a Malaysian plane got to do with the EU?

Liquid lunch day worthy?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Yes it sends a simple ping out to acknowledge it is operating unless the airline subscribes to an active ongoing maintenance program in which case it will relay more information back about on board systems, Malaysian airways did not pay for this.
Well that sounds a bit useless then. If a carrier doesn't subscribe to it the no-one will ever know that anything's wrong because it won't 'ping'. Why are you calling me a tosser by the way?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Well you usually manage to weave the EU into every single post, so I figured I'd get a head start, with a couple of the most likely candidates for explanations.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Well that sounds a bit useless then. If a carrier doesn't subscribe to it the no-one will ever know that anything's wrong because it won't 'ping'. Why are you calling me a tosser by the way?
:D t'was a jest, sorry I forgot you don't do my humour :wink:

It always pings just a basic signal when the plane is powered up.
People are begining to view the carriers choice of not using the system as a it of penny pinching at best, safety negligent at worst.
I have seen people saying in various media they won't fly with them anymore on the strength of this.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Well you usually manage to weave the EU into every single post, so I figured I'd get a head start, with a couple of the most likely candidates for explanations.
Not EVERY post

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

I'm not sure about Hoboh's ponging, Bruce, but I did read this on the BBC website
It has also emerged that a team from British telecommunications company Inmarsat team arrived on Saturday in Malaysia.

An Inmarsat satellite is said have continued receiving signals from flight MH370 at least five hours after the plane was reported lost.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:21 pm

my conspiracy theory is-

its in iran , or crashed post hijack (..in the indian ocean possibly) when the chinese passengers et al did a flight 93.

my tin foil hat conspiracy theory is-

Vladsputin The Terrible highjacked it in an attempt to goad the US of A into a post ukrainian trouble Cold War 2, but coz its full of chinesers it accidentally starts WW3 . Barraco Barner does nowt for fear of being called a warmonger. Vlad the Cad gets his arse kicked by the chinese . the resulting cue for bread , potatoes and milk in moscow stretches so far east that Senator Palin can see it from her back garden.

West China as its then called becomes the most mobile phone manufacturing place in the entire world.
--

I'm surpised Diego Garcia hasnt been mention yet. if i work it into my world war 3 theory , i can see Russell Brand tweeting it and a shit ton of bellends retweeting it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:00 am

a1 wrote:my conspiracy theory is-

its in iran , or crashed post hijack (..in the indian ocean possibly) when the chinese passengers et al did a flight 93.

my tin foil hat conspiracy theory is-

Vladsputin The Terrible highjacked it in an attempt to goad the US of A into a post ukrainian trouble Cold War 2, but coz its full of chinesers it accidentally starts WW3 . Barraco Barner does nowt for fear of being called a warmonger. Vlad the Cad gets his arse kicked by the chinese . the resulting cue for bread , potatoes and milk in moscow stretches so far east that Senator Palin can see it from her back garden.

West China as its then called becomes the most mobile phone manufacturing place in the entire world.
--

I'm surpised Diego Garcia hasnt been mention yet. if i work it into my world war 3 theory , i can see Russell Brand tweeting it and a shit ton of bellends retweeting it.

:lol:

Whilst proclaiming him a political visionary innit.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
It is a transfer of a small packet of information (usually a few kilobytes). It is the computer equivalent of a poke in the ribs to see if you're awake :)