Next Gen Consoles PS4/Xbox One

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Next Gen Consoles PS4/Xbox One

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 am

Beefheart wrote:Just treated myself to a Playstation 4 with 6 games for £399. Pretty good deal I reckon!
If I'd have known you were after one I've just sold a PS4 with 5 games+Vita with 2 games and a PSP with 4 games for £400.

And I will never ever buy another Sony product as long as I live.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:19 am

Kim, is that you?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:Kim, is that you?
That actually made me laugh out loud!
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Not PS4/Xbox One but this looks good. Always a fan of these brain-teasery things

http://www.herstorygame.com/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Also E3 happened. Tomb Raider gameplay footage, Uncharted footage, No Man's Sky kinda seems...hmm not convinced. Fallout 4, other stuff.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Also E3 happened. Tomb Raider gameplay footage, Uncharted footage, No Man's Sky kinda seems...hmm not convinced. Fallout 4, other stuff.
Not really impressed by what was on show. Tomb Raider (the last one) decided to get rid of a) Tombs and b) the ability or need to raid the things as it tried to become a CoD clone. It was fcking dire. Two fairly vital ingredients in a Tomb Raider game really - the trailer at least hinted at a couple of Tombs...

No Man's Sky is just plain weird.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:42 pm

There are tombs in the last TR? Admittedly as bonus bits i guess...I enjoyed it, but tbh I'm a sucker for those kind of Naughty Dog games.

Yeah, just can't see how it would work (NMS). Looks more like a silly simulator than a game.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:07 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:There are tombs in the last TR? Admittedly as bonus bits i guess...I enjoyed it, but tbh I'm a sucker for those kind of Naughty Dog games.

Yeah, just can't see how it would work (NMS). Looks more like a silly simulator than a game.
The idea of TR was 1) There are Tombs 2) With puzzles 3) Oh and a few joiny up plot lines taking you from Tomb to Tomb. I think the last TR got lost between a number of genres/ideas. It tried to do online shoot 'em up and failed. It tried to do "blockbuster plot" - I'm not sure it nailed it. It seemed to dump a load of shanty towns in a jungle and as an afterthought had holes in the ground masquerading as tombs...

There are better games doing the bits they tried to add imo, and they weakened the bits they were best at, to the point of insignificance.

I think No Mans Sky is probably trying to set itself as an EVE type competitor, but unless they crack online, they'll struggle...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:33 pm

the aGG-ers spolied tomb raider.

too busy moralizing towards and demonising the business they hate inbetween shagging uggos for favors , then spitting their dummies out when they get sussed.

#ChelseaVanValkenberg

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Playing the shit out of Elder Scrolls Online at the mo.

Rainbow Six Siege.. The Division.. Fallout 4.. Uncharted 4 all added to the shopping list.

Horizon looking good aswell.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:53 am

ooh new Rainbow Six! look forward to that. loved the vegas ones...

hows the new Batman?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:40 am

General Mannerheim wrote:ooh new Rainbow Six! look forward to that. loved the vegas ones...

hows the new Batman?

Really good aswell. Not give it the time it deserves yet because of Elder Scrolls but well worth the purchase.

If you likey R6 Vegas and played terrorist hunt, then you will be glad to know its back in Siege! You can blow through walls and stuff now :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Until Dawn any good??

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 am

Skylanders SUPERCHARGERS in out next Week!!!
We have the Dark Edition on Pre-order on the following Console:

Wii Original!!!

Sonny Jim is currently playing the 360 though, we are overtaking each other in the GS's every few days!!!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Anyone picked up the new Fallout or Tomb Raider?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:40 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Until Dawn any good??
mate mentionied this last night, funnily enough. He absolutely raved about it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:53 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Anyone picked up the new Fallout or Tomb Raider?
Don't think Tomb Raider is out here until Friday...Not got Fallout yet, but have got Assassins Creed: Syndicate (well the missus has) - looks like the last one, only in London instead of Paris.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:58 pm

From what I've seen Tomb Raider has just become Uncharted in this game but with a straight face. You know im sure it's still good but come on, try harder.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 am

picked up the new COD. couldnt go online because i had an 80 minute update to download :eh: but very underwhelmed by the campaign. im already totally baffled as to what the story is all about , i think our hero is imagining these battles or something??? but all this modern weaponry isnt very satisfying and the levels have been pretty boring so far. also unimpressed with the next gen appearance, i mean its great, but its nothing new, but it might be the shit tele im using...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 am

General Mannerheim wrote:picked up the new COD. couldnt go online because i had an 80 minute update to download :eh: but very underwhelmed by the campaign. im already totally baffled as to what the story is all about , i think our hero is imagining these battles or something??? but all this modern weaponry isnt very satisfying and the levels have been pretty boring so far. also unimpressed with the next gen appearance, i mean its great, but its nothing new, but it might be the shit tele im using...
My son downloaded this last weekend. When I asked him how he was getting on with the Campaign mode, he said "they haven't made it yet"....then as a result of your post, I did a bit of digging....so if you're not on XBOX One...
Activision have announced today that campaign mode will be excluded from last gen consoles. The PS3 and Xbox 360 will be only getting the multiplayer modes including zombies.

One of the main reasons for the omission of campaign is “the ambitious scope of the 1-4 player coop Campaign design of the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions could not be faithfully recreated on old generation hardware.” Said Activision in a statement. “Delivering the best possible gameplay experience on all platforms is always our highest priority.”

For those who feel that they will be buying half a game, Black Ops 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360 will be priced at $49.99 instead of $59.99, and will come with a downloadable copy of the original Call of Duty: Black Ops from 2010
I'm fecking fuming - wouldn't have shelled out for it had I known.