fight the flab

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: fight the flab

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Well done chaps. 5 and a half stones between you. That's almost David Lee!

I salute you on your determination :pray:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm

8.5lbs lost during January and just over 200,000 paces walked during the month. I wasn't exactly giving up the demon drink for the month but in the end only had a drink on two days, then another couple of glasses yesterday evening. Back on the wagon again today.

Happy enough with that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:58 pm

clapton is god wrote:8.5lbs lost during January and just over 200,000 paces walked during the month. I wasn't exactly giving up the demon drink for the month but in the end only had a drink on two days, then another couple of glasses yesterday evening. Back on the wagon again today.

Happy enough with that.
you should be! nice work!

I am very happy to have stayed exactly the same this week - which is what i wanted to achieve! :oyea:

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Seeing my Dieticitian on Thursday!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 am

Boooooooooooo. Trained like Billy Oh all week, 1.5 lbs ON!!!!!
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:46 am

Poor show from me too. I gave blood last Thursday and have felt the effects* so have not done my usual 4 miles a day since then. That and a couple of drinks over the weekend has sent me up 1lb.

* I'm on an interval study giving every eight weeks and finding it debilitating.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:10 am

I weigh 244 Pounds :oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am

2399 wrote:I weigh 244 Pounds :oops:
What did the Dietitian say, Chief?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am

clapton is god wrote:Poor show from me too. I gave blood last Thursday and have felt the effects* so have not done my usual 4 miles a day since then. That and a couple of drinks over the weekend has sent me up 1lb.

* I'm on an interval study giving every eight weeks and finding it debilitating.

I'm on that too. Not going to extend after 2 years as I'm knackered for a.week after.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:44 am

^ Glad you posted that. Thought it was just me being a wuss, but knackered for three or four days after at least.

Edit to add: Has anyone actually asked you if this 'study' is having any effect on you? I've been on it going on two years now and haven't once been asked of my opinion about it or how I feel 24 or 48hrs later etc.
Last edited by clapton is god on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:54 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

What did the Dietitian say, Chief?
I could perhaps see someone else, as I'm not getting anywhere!

He said he would email me stuff but hasn't yet.
I worked out I could make Entrée Plates of Raw Vegetables before each night's Dinner.

He was chuffed though at me telling him about the match only a few hours later as he said he goes for Liverpool!! (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)

Tomorrow I hope to start on the Apple Cider Vinegar & Quit Smoking though!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 pm

clapton is god wrote:^ Glad you posted that. Thought it was just me being a wuss, but knackered for three or four days after at least.

Edit to add: Has anyone actually asked you if this 'study' is having any effect on you? I've been on it going on two years now and haven't once been asked of my opinion about it or how I feel 24 or 48hrs later etc.

Filled out a questionnaire towards the end of last year asking me to tick symptoms I've experienced like dizziness, nausea and restless leg syndrome.

I'm down to finish in October. Seems an awful long way off.

Give the Interval study people a call if you want. 03000 200 333

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Many decades ago blood donations here (Red Cross) were at six week intervals. If memory serves it was a one pint donation. Donors were required to hang around for a bit after the leech had finished and a glass of fruit juice (mandatory) and a biscuit (optional) were to hand. I didn't do it for long as I was transferred to our relieving staff, which meant that forward planning was pointless. In that short time no adverse effect was apparent. I was also young (very early twenties) and fit and virtually a non-drinker; how times change!

Congratulations to you blokes who have been donating for a while. To those of you who haven't and could, think about it, please. Oh, yes, it's painless too. :smile:

To those who have had adverse reactions I would suggest strongly that you have a yarn to the OIC next time you're in.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:27 am

Yeay. Back on track with a 2.2 lbs loss this week. :oyea:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:18 pm

ok... back on the wagon!

a couple or three months of easing off (having reached target weight) PLUS 3weeks on the m/bike tour eating junk food PLUS a couple of weeks family holiday stuffing face with cheese, chocolate and wine = 1 stone gained

back up to 12 and a half stone - when I really want to be 11 and a half...

it piles on fast when you take your eye off the ball!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:09 am

thebish wrote:ok... back on the wagon!

a couple or three months of easing off (having reached target weight) PLUS 3weeks on the m/bike tour eating junk food PLUS a couple of weeks family holiday stuffing face with cheese, chocolate and wine = 1 stone gained

It does. When I had my surgery and couldn't exercise I gained 10lbs. In January I hit 13st 7lbs which was my heaviest ever. Once I started exercising it started to drop and by April I was under 13st.

After my cholesterol check in May I was advise to cut out cheese, red meat and chocolate from my diet. I've lost a further 6 pounds since then and am now stable around 12st 7lbs. Target weight for me.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:34 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

It does. When I had my surgery and couldn't exercise I gained 10lbs. In January I hit 13st 7lbs which was my heaviest ever. Once I started exercising it started to drop and by April I was under 13st.

After my cholesterol check in May I was advise to cut out cheese, red meat and chocolate from my diet. I've lost a further 6 pounds since then and am now stable around 12st 7lbs. Target weight for me.
a stone off in abt 6months - good going!! :oyea:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:09 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Fookin hell. Are you allowed any joy? :shock:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:23 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Fookin hell. Are you allowed any joy? :shock:

I get to post on The Wanderer........ :conf: :cry: :hang:

Ain't all bad and I haven't cut them out completely. I just have them occasionally. I ate a lot of chocolate (at least a bar of some description every day, sometimes more)

I now eat more fresh fruit than I've ever done and drink up to 2 litres of water a day (thirst is often mistaken for hunger pangs) and my oily fish and chicken consumption compensates for beef and pork adequately.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:32 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
I get to post on The Wanderer........ :conf: :cry: :hang:

Ain't all bad and I haven't cut them out completely. I just have them occasionally. I ate a lot of chocolate (at least a bar of some description every day, sometimes more)

I now eat more fresh fruit than I've ever done and drink up to 2 litres of water a day (thirst is often mistaken for hunger pangs) and my oily fish and chicken consumption compensates for beef and pork adequately.
I drink way more than 2 litres. Always have. It's the bacon. No one should have to cut back on bacon :(