fight the flab

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: fight the flab

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Girl Friday was clearly bored yesterday. She's brought me in millionaires shortbread along with plum crumble and custard. Looks like it's all going straight back on. feck it. :D
WORTH IT!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:06 pm

thebish wrote:oooof - day one out of the way... it all looks fairly innocuous - but it's not! I'm gonna feel that tomorrow!!

all four exercises, 10reps per exercise, three sets - 90secs rest in between exercises...

I think the side-lunges stretched muscles I don't often stretch or use!!! I think I might alternate - aerobics on monday/wednesday/Friday and body-strength on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturdays - and Sundays off!

also - I abandoned the abs-machine and did the sit-ups sans-equipment... I discovered I can't do sit-ups with legs bent - but I can with legs straight... can't work out why, I assumed they might be easier with legs bent! shows how much I know!!
I've got a bad lower back bish so I've always avoided sit ups!

If you still want that range of motion, lie flat on the floor, roll up a small towel, put it under the small of your back, put your palms flat on the floor and slowly raise your legs up and down.

If that gets to easy, then try and pick something up between your feet while you do it. A bottle of water is great for this!
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Girl Friday was clearly bored yesterday. She's brought me in millionaires shortbread along with plum crumble and custard. Looks like it's all going straight back on. feck it. :D
Girl Friday seems a bit of a sweetie Bruce :mrgreen:
Well, whatever it is that she's after - she can have it. :mrgreen:

May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Girl Friday seems a bit of a sweetie Bruce :mrgreen:
Well, whatever it is that she's after - she can have it. :mrgreen:

That cable across the desk looks very un health n safety Bruce!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Is that ruler for scale Bruce? :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:15 pm

It's only a LAN cable, Hoboh. I thought H&S Nazi's would be at the top of your list, Mate. ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:42 am

hmmmmm... weigh-day reveals that the festive damage is a 5lb gain!

I guess that will be the mahoosive quantities of cheese and rich christmas cake washed down with wine and accompanied by buckets of party buffet food and chocolate!

back in the saddle today - off out for a walk in the moors to blow away some of those cobwebs and burn off some of that new flab...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:49 am

According to my scales last night I've lost half a kilo this Christmas 8)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:59 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:According to my scales last night I've lost half a kilo this Christmas 8)
good job!! :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:23 am

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:According to my scales last night I've lost half a kilo this Christmas 8)
good job!! :D
Haven't any of the usual Christmas fayre around the house, apart from a solitary box of mince pies. Otherwise I'd have stuffed my face and needed bigger pants probably :oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:16 pm

The Monday morning weigh-in reveals a Christmas week 1 lb gain for me. I was expecting worse, to be honest. Right. Off out for a frosty run then!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Hats off to you fat fighters. We going to see some before & after photos anytime soon? :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Hats off to you fat fighters. We going to see some before & after photos anytime soon? :D
With the waistband of trousers being held out in front? :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:The Monday morning weigh-in reveals a Christmas week 1 lb gain for me. I was expecting worse, to be honest. Right. Off out for a frosty run then!
bloody norah!! I must have been a right pig!! :-)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Since it's the last day before resolutions, today I have been mostly scoffing Warby's toastie smothered in Lurpak. Umpteen slices of it too with accompanying brew and I've just polished off a fresh pork pie off Bury market :oyea: .

Fruit & exercise back on the menu tomorrow :?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:36 am

After the seasonal blip, back on track with 3 lbs lost this week. That's 38.7lbs lost overall, apparently.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:18 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:After the seasonal blip, back on track with 3 lbs lost this week. That's 38.7lbs lost overall, apparently.
blimey Bruce - you've eclipsed me! that's heading pretty close to 3stone! :oyea:

I've been off the wagon for three weeks now - we've had a very busy christmas and new year with endless guests coming and going - all of them seemingly determined to ply me with chocolate... Having boxes of chocolate lying around and a huge awesome christmas cake on the kitchen table whispering "eat me" is all it takes for me to crack (oh - and cheese - lots of cheese still in the fridge from Christmas!!) I've added about 3lbs over the three weeks - I suppose it could have been worse - I was certainly expecting to to be worse - I am still under 12st which was my original target...

what i'd like to do is get down to just below 11 and a half stone and then fluctuate a pound or two around 11.5stone with 11.5st as the fulcrum rather than with 12st as the fulcrum!

it's monday - the last guest has gone (a lad from Austria who bought armsfull of Austrian chocolate goods!) - and I'm back in the saddle!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:15 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to see that i've managed to keep off 6 of the pounds that I lost last August/September time. I had deliberately avoided getting back onto the scales for fear of the truth. Turns out my fears were unfounded! I'm going to have some more biscuits to celebrate!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:I was pleasantly surprised to see that i've managed to keep off 6 of the pounds that I lost last August/September time. I had deliberately avoided getting back onto the scales for fear of the truth. Turns out my fears were unfounded! I'm going to have some more biscuits to celebrate!
good move! :oyea:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:29 pm

There is a box of them Lindor chocolates that found their way in to the house. I can neither confirm nor deny if there are remaining in the house :|