The Open 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Open 2015

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Young Dunne driven three times off the second tee. Hope he holds it together.

First shot ended on the 18th green on the other course, and gets free drop! Hope that settles him somewhat.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Two bogeys and a birdie for Dunne, hopefully he'll settle now.

-13 Z Johnson (8), A Scott (7), L Oosthuizen (3)
-12: A Wall (11), P Harrington (4), M Leishman (4) J Day (4), J Spieth (4)
-11: A Chesters (a) (14), S Garcia (4), J Niebrugge (a) (5), P Dunne (a) (3)
-10 B Koepka (15), H Matsuyama (13), S Cink (12), J Rose (5)

Pick one out of that.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Twitches affecting a few right now. That putter of Adam Scott should be barred. It isn't standard equipment or putting syle and I don't see it as fair. Then again, I think all equipment should be the same for everybody. Used to be that way. Bernhard Langer's putter looked like a garden gate on a stick. Willet coming back a bit to 12 under. Still time for a shock or two.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:39 pm

I think the belly putter is banned from next year, Tango.

Anyone's Claret Jug, this.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:13 pm

If my mate Zach wins it I'm gonna :vomit:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:04 pm

feck it. The ONE Open in the past 3 or 4 that I don't back him, and he fecking clinches the fecker! Feck him! Feck me! Feck it!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:feck it. The ONE Open in the past 3 or 4 that I don't back him, and he fecking clinches the fecker! Feck him! Feck me! Feck it!
Despite all that fecking Doc, he played really well and deserved it. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Naturally. He was third (I think) last week in the states, loves The Open and has played well in it before. It was his week and I failed to acknowledge that at the online betting shop.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:55 pm

I was impressed with Zach after he won. When Louis lipped out the putt to lose the playoff, Zach's Rah Rah USA!!! caddy tried to high-five him. He just stood with arms folded refusing to jump around for joy or yell in standard American fashion. A few moments later he tearfully explained to the ESPN interviewer that one hates to win because a friend misses a pressure putt. He then went on to talk about the importance of the Open and, especially, the Old Course to the world of golf. He did not talk about his own game until the interviewer almost forced him to. He is a gentleman who really cares about the game. If a Yank had to win, I'm glad it was him....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I was impressed with Zach after he won. When Louis lipped out the putt to lose the playoff, Zach's Rah Rah USA!!! caddy tried to high-five him. He just stood with arms folded refusing to jump around for joy or yell in standard American fashion. A few moments later he tearfully explained to the ESPN interviewer that one hates to win because a friend misses a pressure putt. He then went on to talk about the importance of the Open and, especially, the Old Course to the world of golf. He did not talk about his own game until the interviewer almost forced him to. He is a gentleman who really cares about the game. If a Yank had to win, I'm glad it was him....
I agree. He came across as a genuinely decent bloke.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:21 am

I'm chuffed for him. He's one of my favourites of the current crop of the American players. Played in the last three Ryder Cups so he's always a good enough game to qualify. Won at Augusta National & St. Andrews. Nice.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:I'm chuffed for him. He's one of my favourites of the current crop of the American players. Played in the last three Ryder Cups so he's always a good enough game to qualify. Won at Augusta National & St. Andrews. Nice.
The fourteenth to do so according to the ESPN commentators (although for most of the last two round they brought it up in connection with Spieth adding he would be the first since Hogan in 1952 to win the first three slam events in a calendar year). Luckily Zach came through or the PGA would have been unwatchable!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:I'm chuffed for him. He's one of my favourites of the current crop of the American players. Played in the last three Ryder Cups so he's always a good enough game to qualify. Won at Augusta National & St. Andrews. Nice.
The fourteenth to do so according to the ESPN commentators (although for most of the last two round they brought it up in connection with Spieth adding he would be the first since Hogan in 1952 to win the first three slam events in a calendar year). Luckily Zach came through or the PGA would have been unwatchable!
Heh, I was disappointed for Spieth. I wanted him to do it.

If an American wins the PGA it'll be the first time since 1982 that all four Majors will be in American hands in the same calendar year. Hard to believe!