a general apology...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

a general apology...

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:23 am

Some of you may have twigged that I have had a 3month sabbatical - which is an ACE opportunity to have and a big perk of my job! (hence the month-long round-britain m/bike jaunt..)

anyway - to cut a long story short I have used the opportunity to do some mid-life stuff - like reassessing life-priorities and all that kind of wanky gerfuffle... Part of that has been to assess what things I am involved in that bring out the best in me, and what things I am involved with don't bring out the best in me - and then to deal with the latter in some way...

some of them I have simply cut out of my life - easy - job done (such as a particularly feisty and unproductively argumentative and snarky clergy discussion forum! - easy come - easy go!) It's quite liberating! other stuff too - which I won't bore you with here..

however - there is some stuff I don't want to simply cut out, but, rather, change the way I am involved...

This forum is one of them. I don't want to cut it out as it is generally a good place to be and I've been here for quite some time now..

so - what I need to do is change the way I am involved in it.

enough people have been ??kind?? enough to point out publically what an irritating git I can be as a poster. Enough people have pointed it out for me to need to take it seriously and not mentally dismiss them all as slavering idiots (which would be my default response!)

This post is an attempt to do two things..

1) mainly to apologise - for all the ways I have been an irritating and tedious old git. Specifically - cos I think apologies should be honest and specific - for all the sarcasm, for all the un-necessary persistence beyond the point of having made my point, and perhaps most of all for my persistent use of the passive-aggressive style... I recognise all these things in myself.. I am sorry...

2) as a kind of explanation for what I hope will be a noticeable change in the way I respond on here. If I find that I simply cannot avoid those things - then maybe the day will come that it is better for me to just leave - but I hope that day won't come, cos this IS unquestionably the best BWFC forum and I would be kinda lost without it!

many thanks for your patience! (and aplogies if even this post is irritating in itself!)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: a general apology...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:32 am

Fair play to you sir. The place would be duller without you. Welcome New Bish - perhaps you could go over to the new members bit? :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:38 am

I'm lost on this point. What's the point of getting older, if you can't be more stubborn and irritable? Surely that's one of the perks!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 am

Attention seeker!! :wink: Fair play Bish.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 am

Worthy4England wrote:I'm lost on this point. What's the point of getting older, if you can't be more stubborn and irritable? Surely that's one of the perks!

being irritaBLE is fine - and a joyful part of life... being irritaTING isn't! :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:41 am

Welcome new Bish...though I think I preferred the old one :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:41 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I'm lost on this point. What's the point of getting older, if you can't be more stubborn and irritable? Surely that's one of the perks!

being irritaBLE is fine - and a joyful part of life... being irritaTING isn't! :wink:
That's the bit my mother in law missed...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 am

Fixing your life does not mean becoming a boring old fart, you could always morph into a different persona. :wink:
Anyway, I just put all the cantankerousness down to your age and the sort of circles in which you move, I did think however the WI was a tad more radical than that!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:Fair play to you sir. The place would be duller without you. Welcome New Bish - perhaps you could go over to the new members bit? :wink:
sod off! :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:43 am

Hoboh wrote:Fixing your life does not mean becoming a boring old fart, you could always morph into a different persona. :wink:
Anyway, I just put all the cantankerousness down to your age and the sort of circles in which you move, I did think however the WI was a tad more radical than that!
you can sod off 'n'all! :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:51 am

thebish wrote:

17 minutes. They say Rome wasn't built in a day. .. :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:55 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
thebish wrote:

17 minutes. They say Rome wasn't built in a day. .. :wink:
:lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:06 pm

WELCOME (back)!!

As Harry said, the place would be worse off without you. Don't change too much though.

I would see a grumpier Bish. Grumpy is good. :D
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:19 pm

It all went wrong when you stopped doing twspy.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:19 pm

I think we should have a sweep over how long it lasts. :wink:
Businesswoman of the year.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:49 am

thebish wrote:Some of you may have twigged that I have had a 3month sabbatical - which is an ACE opportunity to have and a big perk of my job! (hence the month-long round-britain m/bike jaunt..)

anyway - to cut a long story short I have used the opportunity to do some mid-life stuff - like reassessing life-priorities and all that kind of wanky gerfuffle... Part of that has been to assess what things I am involved in that bring out the best in me, and what things I am involved with don't bring out the best in me - and then to deal with the latter in some way...

some of them I have simply cut out of my life - easy - job done (such as a particularly feisty and unproductively argumentative and snarky clergy discussion forum! - easy come - easy go!) It's quite liberating! other stuff too - which I won't bore you with here..

however - there is some stuff I don't want to simply cut out, but, rather, change the way I am involved...

This forum is one of them. I don't want to cut it out as it is generally a good place to be and I've been here for quite some time now..

so - what I need to do is change the way I am involved in it.

enough people have been ??kind?? enough to point out publically what an irritating git I can be as a poster. Enough people have pointed it out for me to need to take it seriously and not mentally dismiss them all as slavering idiots (which would be my default response!)

This post is an attempt to do two things..

1) mainly to apologise - for all the ways I have been an irritating and tedious old git. Specifically - cos I think apologies should be honest and specific - for all the sarcasm, for all the un-necessary persistence beyond the point of having made my point, and perhaps most of all for my persistent use of the passive-aggressive style... I recognise all these things in myself.. I am sorry...

2) as a kind of explanation for what I hope will be a noticeable change in the way I respond on here. If I find that I simply cannot avoid those things - then maybe the day will come that it is better for me to just leave - but I hope that day won't come, cos this IS unquestionably the best BWFC forum and I would be kinda lost without it!

many thanks for your patience! (and aplogies if even this post is irritating in itself!)
Sto ut Serviam

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Narcissistic 4ucker. ;) Thankfully most on here appreciate that we're all different, and accept the fact that what we post is open to be challenged, especially when what is posted in a matter-of-fact/I-know-best manner. Most.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:40 pm

You may be a bit of a pedantic twunt at times Bish, but you're OUR pedantic twunt and long may that continue :-)

It's taken six long years of training, but I do now feel qualified to say "For Feck sake man, pill yourself together now".

You're welcome. :-)
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:43 pm

^ there's a pill for everything! ;-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:34 pm

thebish wrote:^ there's a pill for everything! ;-)
You couldn't do it, could you. Barely a fckg day :whack:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".