The wonderful EU and Migration thread!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: The wonderful EU and Migration thread!

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Beefheart wrote:I've just got back from 10 days in Italy with limited internet access so haven't really kept up with this, but on returning home I had this inexplicable urge to see what Hoboh reckoned. He hasn't disappointed.
I think you'll find you're not allowed to comment unless you've brought a couple home with you
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Beefheart wrote:I've just got back from 10 days in Italy with limited internet access so haven't really kept up with this, but on returning home I had this inexplicable urge to see what Hoboh reckoned. He hasn't disappointed.
I think you'll find you're not allowed to comment unless you've brought a couple home with you
Spoke to my parents about whether they'd be willing to do so, turns out they would be.
Makes sense really, my grandfather arrived in this country in 1948 as a stateless refugee along with a lot of other Ukrainians (a lot of them were young, single men which I know some people think means they couldn't possibly have been refugees, but I'm not sure whether he had an iPhone..I never got round to asking him that...) and he was the greatest person I ever met, so feck what Hoboh things and let loads more in.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:08 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Spoke to my parents about whether they'd be willing to do so, turns out they would be.
Makes sense really, my grandfather arrived in this country in 1948 as a stateless refugee along with a lot of other Ukrainians (a lot of them were young, single men which I know some people think means they couldn't possibly have been refugees, but I'm not sure whether he had an iPhone..I never got round to asking him that...) and he was the greatest person I ever met, so feck what Hoboh things and let loads more in.
So your one of them 5th columnists then?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:12 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:24 am

Beefheart wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.
Neither has he.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:31 am

Beefheart wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Ukrainians certainly were refugees after WW2, which they spent between Germany and the Soviet Union. Ukrainian Jews naturally preferred Stalin to Hitler, while ethnic Ukrainians tended to be pro-German since the 1932 famine. Many fled post-war as there wasn't much place for them in the old homeland. Many had served in Germany's forces and some had been in the SS as concentration camp guards. These issues still reverberate in Canada, as we have one of the largest émigré populations. Most of my Ukrainian friends and colleagues of my age were actually born in Germany either during the war or in DP camps afterwards.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.
Neither has he.
:lol:

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Ukrainians certainly were refugees after WW2, which they spent between Germany and the Soviet Union. Ukrainian Jews naturally preferred Stalin to Hitler, while ethnic Ukrainians tended to be pro-German since the 1932 famine. Many fled post-war as there wasn't much place for them in the old homeland. Many had served in Germany's forces and some had been in the SS as concentration camp guards. These issues still reverberate in Canada, as we have one of the largest émigré populations. Most of my Ukrainian friends and colleagues of my age were actually born in Germany either during the war or in DP camps afterwards.
Yeah, he was given the choice of moving to here or Canada, I guess he fancied the shorter trip. We also found some letters he'd received from friends in Canada when going through his things after he died a few months ago. He seemingly didn't throw anything away. We found a school report from 1932 when he was 9 years old, his identity card when he was living in Germany during the war where he worked on trains (we also believe he got separated from his brother whilst living here, who I don't think he ever saw again, though we think we found his descendants on Facebook living in Argentina as quite a few Ukrainians ended up there as well), his entry visa in lieu of passport the UK government issued him and an exercise book he used to learn english whilst staying on a camp with other refugees in Norfolk (They'd work the land during the days and have lessons in the evenings).

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 pm

No, get away, there is nothing dictatorial about the EU is there?
In a major address to the European parliament in Strasbourg, Juncker called for root-and-branch reform of disparate immigration policies in the EU. He complained that national governments were failing to observe agreements on asylum procedures, and warned that several countries could be sanctioned.
Juncker confirmed that Brussels was asking national governments to agree to distribute 160,000 refugees currently in Italy, Greece and Hungary. This had to be on a binding and not a voluntary basis. “It has to be done and it will be done,” he said.

Additionally, he proposed a permanent new system of sharing refugees in case of crisis. He also called for the creation of a European force of border and coastguards to patrol and police the external frontiers of the passport-free Schengen travel zone embracing 26 countries.
Not going down well really is it?
The east Europeans responded robustly to Juncker’s demands. The Slovak prime minister, Robert Fico, dismissed the quotas as a non-starter. “We won’t bow down to Germany and France,” he said. “Quotas are irrational.”

The Czech Republic’s Europe minister, Tomas Prouza, described the quotas idea as “nonsensical.”

Beata Szydlo, on Poland’s nationalist right and tipped to become prime minister following elections next month, complained that Warsaw was under pressure from Brussels to accede to a new quotas system. “The Polish government should definitely not yield to this pressure,” she said.
Of course it's not really his fault, he cannot help being the poodle of the headmistress.
In Berlin, Angela Merkel offered vocal support for Juncker, arguing that the commission proposals did not go far enough. “Generally we need a binding agreement on a binding distribution of refugees between all member states based on fair criteria,” the German chancellor told the Bundestag.

Juncker’s figure of 160,000 was only a first step, she added. Receiving refugees was a European responsibility, but there was no point in putting a ceiling on the numbers to be shared.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:53 pm

^^ I love that Frau Merkel threw open German's doors (without discussion with the various Federal Parliaments, please note) and continues with the expansionist rhetoric but now is keen to force dispersing her guests and gets pissy with countries who aren't as keen.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm

I do know this, as I witnessed it. Three weeks ago today, well before any newspaper photographs of thousands of (mainly Syrian) people marching towards the Austrian border in Hungary, nearly four thousand African males were walking north towards Lugano. Strung out for over twenty miles, they were that night the topic of a fierce discussion in a trattoria (Vecchia Magnolia) about WTF was going on... Not being conversant in fluent Italian I had to rely on the sister of the ambassador to Albania (whose brother I'd been coopted into playing with in a game of B... - related to boules) and discovered that this recent phenomena had been going on for a couple of weeks.
It was quite startling. From my perspective.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Bocce.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Balls.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 am

Worthy4England wrote:Balls.
Yep. :D
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Beefheart wrote:Bocce.
That's it. I'm shit hot at Petanque but not as good at Bocci, I discovered.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:38 pm

THERE IS NO HUMANITARIAN REFUGEE CRISIS. IT'S A POLITICAL MIGRATION CRISIS so announces an article in the Times. I agree.
The photo of the dead child on the beach brought out quite an intemperate response, with Virtue Signalling in the foreground.

However the father of the dead child, who survived despite his wife, his 5 yr old and his 3 yr old dying (personally speaking I'm a little perturbed about that alone!) was responsible for leaving, after nearly seven months, a refugee camp I Turkey, after they'd fled Kobane - a camp designed to hold 35,000 which held just 7,500 when he left, and then PAID THOUSANDS OF POUNDS MONTHS AFTER BEING IN A SAFE PLACE TO PLACE HIS ENTIRE FAMILY ON AN INFLATABLE BOAT in order to illegally land in a 'country' that is not compatible with his religion, ethnicity, or any other measure that wasn't already satisfied with his refugee status in Turkey.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:33 pm

Stunned!!!
Refugees from Syria commit “a major dangerous sin” by seeking shelter in the west, the Isis article proclaims, a sin that mortgages the lives and souls of their children.

“Sadly, some Syrians and Libyans are willing to risk the lives and souls of those whom they are responsible to raise upon the Sharī’ah – their children – sacrificing many of them during the dangerous trip to the lands of the war-waging crusaders ruled by laws of atheism and indecency,” the article states.

In western lands, refugees and their families “are under the constant threat of fornication, sodomy, drugs and alcohol”, even if they do not fall into apostasy, the article says. Leaving the caliphate opens “a gate towards one’s children and grandchildren abandoning Islam for Christianity, atheism or liberalism”.
Coming from a bunch of rapists and paedophiles, who have fcuk all decency or sense, that just about takes the fcuking biscuit!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:18 am

Hoboh wrote:Stunned!!!
Refugees from Syria commit “a major dangerous sin” by seeking shelter in the west, the Isis article proclaims, a sin that mortgages the lives and souls of their children.

“Sadly, some Syrians and Libyans are willing to risk the lives and souls of those whom they are responsible to raise upon the Sharī’ah – their children – sacrificing many of them during the dangerous trip to the lands of the war-waging crusaders ruled by laws of atheism and indecency,” the article states.

In western lands, refugees and their families “are under the constant threat of fornication, sodomy, drugs and alcohol”, even if they do not fall into apostasy, the article says. Leaving the caliphate opens “a gate towards one’s children and grandchildren abandoning Islam for Christianity, atheism or liberalism”.
Coming from a bunch of rapists and paedophiles, who have fcuk all decency or sense, that just about takes the fcuking biscuit!
And seeing as these are the real "baddies" what is the best response. Send people back to them for indoctrination, conversion or unthinkable abuse.

OR welcome them with open arms and show them that the nations ISIS denigrates in that message are wonderful and caring and supportive and fantastic places to live?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:21 am

Don't understand the problem. I recognise most of the below from sunny UK. Can't fault 'em on factuality. That's just part of being British - especially if you send 'em to public school with your state aid.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:25 pm

A bit fecking ungrateful this lot, aren't they? :?

It's shots like this that fatigue my compassion!

May the bridges I burn light your way