Football Fans Survey

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Uni_Student
Hopeful
Hopeful

Football Fans Survey

Post by Uni_Student » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi all, I’m doing a university project on English Football Fans views on the Syrian Refugee crisis and I would like input from as many clubs in the football league on a survey I have created. It has 10 questions and only takes about 2-3 minutes to do but I would like as much input as possible.

Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XPQC5JH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks a lot,
James
p.s. If the admins think this constitutes as spam or it is in the wrong section please feel free to remove or delete this thread.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Football Fans Survey

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:13 pm

If you want a lot of input, check the "The wonderful EU and Migration thread!" thread. :D
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:If you want a lot of input, check the "The wonderful EU and Migration thread!" thread. :D
That's not input Monty, it's almost wholly output.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:05 pm

A university study on English football fans view of the Syrian refugee crisis. Really ?

A proper university .... or a converted Kwik-Save ??

There's money well spent.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:10 pm

bobo the clown wrote:A university study on English football fans view of the Syrian refugee crisis. Really ?

There's that old hinge, still groaning and creaking.

Still, it's on a proper door... :roll:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:17 pm

With Bobo. The doyens of Oxford's dreaming spires seeking the views of the football masses on refugee issues from Syria as a degree course fit for our next generation of potential politicians? Who thinks these things up? Inspector Morse would have a purple fit.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:With Bobo. The doyens of Oxford's dreaming spires seeking the views of the football masses on refugee issues from Syria as a degree course fit for our next generation of potential politicians? Who thinks these things up? Inspector Morse would have a purple fit.
The student did. His/her supervisor agreed to it.

I don't think it's without interest to discover if a certain section of our society has an opinion different from a cross section - and I'm certain that in some cases that would be the case.

In this case I think the likelihood of football supporters having a radically different view on this issue from a general conception is very low. The student does the survey, examines the evidence, makes his/her conclusions and draws whatever lessons might seem to be appropriate and, depending on the requirements of the assessment, perhaps makes recommendations about further steps.

It's a test of methodology and the skills of the student - it is not expected to have any great social significance and no one expects it to have any more influence on the real world than my essays on the Spanish Civil War at a university in the NW did in 1972.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:40 pm

^^ @ &.would you have wondered if the view of this by, say, football fans or members of Heaton Cricket Club or the Old Links Golf club would be remotely unusual, interesting or significant Will ?

... & I'll bet a £ to a piece of piss that the notable institution involved is toward the B.I.T. end of the University league tables. I may be wrong, of course, but you know I'm not ... really ... deep down.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:A university study on English football fans view of the Syrian refugee crisis. Really ?

Some of the folks in our place, from "proper" universities, I wouldn't allow to walk my dog.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ @ &.would you have wondered if the view of this by, say, football fans or members of Heaton Cricket Club or the Old Links Golf club would be remotely unusual, interesting or significant Will ?

... & I'll bet a £ to a piece of piss that the notable institution involved is toward the B.I.T. end of the University league tables. I may be wrong, of course, but you know I'm not ... really ... deep down.
No I would be surprised as, indeed, I said, if there was any significant variation between the views of football supporters or members of Heaton cricket club and the general population. That doesn't mean the exercise doesn't require the exercise of skills of creation, analysis and conclusion - which is all it aims to test.

I used to caddy at the Old Links. They were then a real bunch of right wing tossers and pompous, tight fisted shithouses. I don't know if it's changed much since - but they would have been well out of step with the zeitgeist of the 1960s, you bet.

Are you a member? :D

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:37 pm

William the White wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:^^ @ &.would you have wondered if the view of this by, say, football fans or members of Heaton Cricket Club or the Old Links Golf club would be remotely unusual, interesting or significant Will ?

No I would be surprised as, indeed, I said, if there was any significant variation between the views of football supporters or members of Heaton cricket club and the general population. That doesn't mean the exercise doesn't require the exercise of skills of creation, analysis and conclusion - which is all it aims to test.

I used to caddy at the Old Links. They were then a real bunch of right wing tossers and pompous, tight fisted shithouses. I don't know if it's changed much since - but they were well out of step with the zeitgeist of the 1960s, you bet.

Oh - I just checked - the university I attended sits at 11th in the current league tables. Yours rests at a distant 23rd. However, the alma mater of the golfer Crayons, now semi-penitent about his Tory past, has us both beat at a hard earned no 1.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:47 pm

William the White wrote:

I used to caddy at the Old Links. They were then a real bunch of right wing tossers and pompous, tight fisted shithouses. I don't know if it's changed much since - but they would have been well out of step with the zeitgeist of the 1960s, you bet.

:D Not yet.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:55 pm

William the White wrote:
William the White wrote:

I used to caddy at the Old Links. They were then a real bunch of right wing tossers and pompous, tight fisted shithouses. I don't know if it's changed much since - but they were well out of step with the zeitgeist of the 1960s, you bet.

Oh - I just checked - the university I attended sits at 11th in the current league tables. Yours rests at a distant 23rd. However, the alma mater of the golfer Crayons, now semi-penitent about his Tory past, has us both beat at a hard earned no 1.
17th in here.

http://www.studyin-uk.com/uk-study-info ... -rankings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was 8th while I was there. Gone to rat-shit since I left, clearly.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:15 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:
William the White wrote:

17th in here.

http://www.studyin-uk.com/uk-study-info ... -rankings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2015 table that.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.c ... s/rankings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:52 am

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:
William the White wrote:

17th in here.

Don't be so parochial! Check the world rankings. Then see where your alma mater stands. Mine is 24 and Crayons is at 3.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:49 am

Not, of course, that I'm suggesting uni league tables are a nonsense, but mine manages to be 9th best in the UK at the same time as 7th best in the world.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:44 am

One might have thought (in conjunction with Pru's statement above), that someone from a decent University might have spotted some of the fatal flaws in the all the League tables, in that I can't see any evidence in any of them that measures whether the Students actually went on to achieve what they went there to do in the first place...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 am

^^ anyway Worthy, your view of the Syrian crisis, from the perspective of a Bolton Wanderers supporter ??

... & keep it snappy.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:38 am

Filled it in!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:40 am

Hoboh wrote:Filled it in!
Tosser.

You need to be more cynical you do !