Muslims, racists, individuals and attitudes.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Muslims, racists, individuals and attitudes.

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:58 pm

The problem is, you're correlating race with the problem. I've come across countless employees who are neither use nor ornament, but the unwillingness to go up against HR departments (who tie the whole process up in mountains of needless red tape, and generally offer no help in dealing with the actual problem) in many large organisations is tangible.

So people just work around them, allowing the problem to fester. Hence your boss's advice.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:19 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:The problem is, you're correlating race with the problem. I've come across countless employees who are neither use nor ornament, but the unwillingness to go up against HR departments (who tie the whole process up in mountains of needless red tape, and generally offer no help in dealing with the actual problem) in many large organisations is tangible.

So people just work around them, allowing the problem to fester. Hence your boss's advice.
Indeed. And not even just because of HR. Sometimes because people naturally keep their heads down.

Let's be honest there was a while ago though a general public sector problem where their HR became so risk averse that any minority group or group that could be discriminated against were almost off limits in some organisations. It isn't just a race thing. A place I previously worked at used to have a contract with a large hospital in the Midlands. We had several meetings with one of their senior managers before going back to their Chief Exec and asking to work with someone else as she was as someone in the office described her 'a few sandwiches short of a picnic'. Chief exec agreed but said their HR wouldn't touch her as she was the only female senior manager there.....even though she cost a fortune and by all accounts contributed the square root of feck all to that organisation. She was white British btw!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:44 pm

bloody HR people, eh?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:52 pm

:lol: Send the buggers back!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:28 pm

It depends how you manage HR.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:35 pm

As a previous CEO said to me - can you outsource the fckers and don't tell 'em until it's done. (For the benefit of any HR personnel watching, that was "having regard to the appropriate consultation periods"...)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:54 am

Lord Kangana wrote:The problem is, you're correlating race with the problem. I've come across countless employees who are neither use nor ornament, but the unwillingness to go up against HR departments (who tie the whole process up in mountains of needless red tape, and generally offer no help in dealing with the actual problem) in many large organisations is tangible.

Race was the problem in my case. They wouldn't touch the first bloke because of his race. They wouldn't touch the female because of her ethnicity and her personal connections. They certainly weren't shy about disciplining several other staff in the same time period. To be fair, the public sector is now moving away from the terrified stance it once took on E&D and seems, in my experience, to be a little more sensible, even handed or equal in its treatment of staff.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:56 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... y-refugees" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Around 80% of asylum seekers are not qualified beyond primary or secondary school level. Many cannot read or write, let alone speak German

But, but, but they are all doctors, scientists, skilled engineers and good for the economies or at least that's what the bleeding hearts push is.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Would you advocate an Hungarian style solution, hoboh?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... y-refugees
Around 80% of asylum seekers are not qualified beyond primary or secondary school level. Many cannot read or write, let alone speak German

But, but, but they are all doctors, scientists, skilled engineers and good for the economies or at least that's what the bleeding hearts push is.

Are you advocating only the qualified elite should be able to seek asylum? Anyone fleeing conflict or persecution should be given shelter. Economic migrants are a different matter.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:32 pm

http://www.canadaimmigrationvisa.com/morevisa.html#hum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it's good enough for other countries who don't seem to branded racist, then why not us?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:50 pm

boltonboris wrote:http://www.canadaimmigrationvisa.com/morevisa.html#hum

If it's good enough for other countries who don't seem to branded racist, then why not us?
I think there may be some confusion here between refugees and normal immigrants. For the latter there is a quota system and we take the best qualified poorer people or richer people who will invest in the country or start a business. Well why not? Refugees or asylum seekers (such as the 40,000 Syrians we recently took) are considered outside the normal channels with no means or educational requirements. Here we only consider if they are persecuted or their life is in danger, after which there is a background check to make sure they were not a member of a terrorist group, a war criminal, etc. Again there would be a quota. This is how I understand the law.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Hoboh wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... y-refugees

Are you advocating only the qualified elite should be able to seek asylum? Anyone fleeing conflict or persecution should be given shelter. Economic migrants are a different matter.
I'm actually advocating that certain people stop trying to tell all and sundry that all these migrants are skilled and will only contribute to society, not be a drain on resources!
The big question is why the West? there are other countries around that region that do next to feck all to help, countries with more in common with their lifestyle and beliefs.
The answer is quite simple, Arab a does not give a flying fcuk about the plight of Arab b unless there is something in it for them.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Hoboh wrote: The answer is quite simple, Arab most people don't not give a flying fcuk about the plight of Arab others unless there is something in it for them.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:43 pm

Hoboh wrote:
I'm actually advocating that certain people stop trying to tell all and sundry that all these migrants are skilled and will only contribute to society, not be a drain on resources!

I'd be interested if you could point me towards one of the instances when one of these "certain people" told all and sundry that all these migrants are skilled...

what has been widely reported (largely because it is true) is that taken as a whole, immigrants to the UK put more into the UK economy than they take out. This is not the same as claiming that they are all skilled.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:40 am

Someone tried to solve the "couldn't speak German" bit previously. It didn't pan out so well.

If they're all educated to such a low standard, then I'd have thought they'd struggle to take all these jobs they're taking.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:Someone tried to solve the "couldn't speak German" bit previously. It didn't pan out so well.

If they're all educated to such a low standard, then I'd have thought they'd struggle to take all these jobs they're taking.
All, all? they are struggling to find work, that's the whole point, they are a drain on resources.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:04 pm

A truck has ploughed through a Christmas Market in Berlin. At least 9 dead and over 50 injured.

No indication to who is responsible. Accident or deliberate?
Emma Rushton, who was just several feet from the crash, told Sky News: "It wasn't an accident. It was going at 40mph through the middle of the market.

"There was no way it could have come off the road and it showed no signs of slowing down."
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Took the authorities a while to confirm what the eye witnesses and the media were reporting

Another dark day.

3 terrible events in a matter of hours
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"