All our yesterdays

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

All our yesterdays

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:02 pm

The Bolton News are currently running a thread to send in pics from your younger years (if you dare),so come on, admit you wore flares and T-Rex/Slade style glam rock shoes, or go back even further to kid days. Go on, have a go. Here's one of me and our kid training to be rodeo riders over in Ireland about 1950.. :lol:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Re: All our yesterdays

Post by clapton is god » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Another pic of a donkey with me sat on this one, circa 1964 at Morcambe:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:41 pm

^ kin'ell clappers that photograph not only captured the moment just before a total solar eclipse, but also a huge meteorite whizzing behind your head and crashing into the sea. You obviously survived the subsequent tsunami... :wink:

( I shall post some later).
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

^ Your riding technique is shit, by the way... :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:^ kin'ell TD that photograph not only captured the moment just before a total solar eclipse, but also a huge meteorite whizzing behind your head and crashing into the sea. You obviously survived the subsequent tsunami... :wink:

I think you meant Clapton's pic, Spots... :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:^ kin'ell TD that photograph not only captured the moment just before a total solar eclipse, but also a huge meteorite whizzing behind your head and crashing into the sea. You obviously survived the subsequent tsunami... :wink:

I think you meant Clapton's pic, Spots... :lol:
I did, I changed it too late. :oops:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 pm

OK, here's me and my bruv, and my other bruv circa 1963 aged 8 (natty zip up jumper and fxck you stare if I say so myself)

Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:23 pm

and here's one that has already been seen (when Bruce noticed the state of my feet...)
From about 1977 aged 22

And here's one from the same era of me wedging a joint into my anatomical buddy in the medical school at Liverpool Uni... (Bruce can no doubt tell ya just how much of a manky cxnt I look, but back then I was this country's future... :wink: )

Very shortly after that I became a punk, but you don't want to see any photos of then believe me
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 pm

The day we went to ....er, Blackpool. My brother was planning a carreer as a Francis Chichester type.. :D

None of your punk stuff here. Tie pins and pocket handkerchiefs were the style man.... :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Couple of pics that I "borrowed off the net (hoping I'm not upsetting somebody/anybody over copyright)that brought back happy memories and that some ( Monty/Dujon etc) might be old enough to remember. :)

The old Arcade off Bradshawgate.

Harker Haworths ( in the same Arcade) were I did some serious music browsing from 1955/6 onwards when Little Richard was "Gonna tell Aunt Sally about Uncle John" .... and all that stuff... :wink:

Old Newport Street pic from the same Era. Just behind the Belisha beacon on the left was a gents toilets down some steps, and later, and a bit further along Bolton's Ray Parry had a newspaper kiosk. Reids, my beloved bookshop was fourth shop along from the left and Macartney's mens outfitters had a shop down the other end ( past the clock) almost across from the Wheatsheaf pub. Long time back but seems almost like yesterday. Bolton was a wonderful place to be back then... :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Couple of pics that I "borrowed off the net (hoping I'm not upsetting somebody/anybody over copyright)that brought back happy memories and that some ( Monty/Dujon etc) might be old enough to remember. :)

The old Arcade off Bradshawgate.

Harker Haworths ( in the same Arcade) were I did some serious music browsing from 1955/6 onwards when Little Richard was "Gonna tell Aunt Sally about Uncle John" .... and all that stuff... :wink:

Old Newport Street pic from the same Era. Just behind the Belisha beacon on the left was a gents toilets down some steps, and later, and a bit further along Bolton's Ray Parry had a newspaper kiosk. Reids, my beloved bookshop was fourth shop along from the left and Macartney's mens outfitters had a shop down the other end ( past the clock) almost across from the Wheatsheaf pub. Long time back but seems almost like yesterday. Bolton was a wonderful place to be back then... :D
The Gent's Outfitter on Newport St. that I went to was called Aults I think.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:12 pm

adjusting my hat at my (still) best mate's birthday bash.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
The Gent's Outfitter on Newport St. that I went to was called Aults I think.
Aults yes, but MaCartneys was on the other side, opposite what later would be Wimpey's burger bar. They also had a shop inside the Market Hall. Greenwoods also had a store in there, may still have upstairs.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Cracker Keyser. :D