Superbowl 50 - Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Superbowl 50 - Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:24 pm

this sunday.

Just me, then?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Superbowl 50 - Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Yes.

I see you're being assimilated by them. American Football is not a sport, it is a series of ad breaks interspersed with Americans wearing body armour and helmets :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:02 pm

No, I might take a dekko.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Yes.

I see you're being assimilated by them. American Football is not a sport, it is a series of ad breaks interspersed with Americans wearing body armour and helmets :wink:
AT is correct. Listen to AT.
Monty is incorrect, he's a quarter American.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Yes.

AT is correct. Listen to AT.
Monty is incorrect, he's a quarter American.
But there might be another titillating Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:54 pm

I admit I've become a fully fledged fan. Proper male soap opera. And grown to appreciate something i thought was just people running into each other.

Monty, unless you want to see Chris Martin from Coldplay flash his kecks I think you'll be disappointed.

If Carolina get a couple of scores ahead it could be a blowout. If Denver's defense holds up then they could edge it. But tbh think only a very optimistic Broncos fan would bet against the Panthers atm.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:00 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:I admit I've become a fully fledged fan. Proper male soap opera. And grown to appreciate something i thought was just people running into each other.

Monty, unless you want to see Chris Martin from Coldplay flash his kecks I think you'll be disappointed.

If Carolina get a couple of scores ahead it could be a blowout. If Denver's defense holds up then they could edge it. But tbh think only a very optimistic Broncos fan would bet against the Panthers atm.
Fookin'ell, you've got the lingo and everything. You'll be on about the bottom of the ninth and lifetime batting averages next. :shock:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:I admit I've become a fully fledged fan. Proper male soap opera. And grown to appreciate something i thought was just people running into each other.

Fookin'ell, you've got the lingo and everything. You'll be on about the bottom of the ninth and lifetime batting averages next. :shock:
I have to be honest, when I came over here I thought 'there's no way i'm ever going to like baseball. And then... :oops:

It's relaxing to watch in the summer. Still prefer proper football to all obviously!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:04 pm

:whack:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Oh dear.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

:lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:46 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

If I hear you say soccer ball etc I'm petioning to Zulu to get his rifle out :P

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

If I hear you say soccer ball etc I'm petioning to Zulu to get his rifle out :P
:D the team I play for over here use various phrases that jar during a game. One is when a ball looks like it's gone out but not given they'll say 'Ref it's out of bounds!' :|

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:24 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:this sunday.

Just me, then?
I see that this is another thread that I'll have to 'mark as read' along with the space invader one. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:01 pm

If you could invent a sporting event better than the Super Bowl, you'd have made the greatest invention in human history.

-Hyperbole.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Absolutely! An interesting fixture. Broncos have probably the best defence of anyone out there and with Newton the Panthers have one of the best offenses. The Panthers almost bottled it against Seattle in the playoffs. They might get twitchy if they don't get a fast start.
I want Carolina to win it because they haven't won it before and Denver and Manning have (Manning beat da Bears in 07 so i won't forgive him!)

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Absolutely! An interesting fixture. Broncos have probably the best defence of anyone out there and with Newton the Panthers have one of the best offenses. The Panthers almost bottled it against Seattle in the playoffs. They might get twitchy if they don't get a fast start.
I want Carolina to win it because they haven't won it before and Denver and Manning have (Manning beat da Bears in 07 so i won't forgive him!)
Same Panthers who did anything but bottle it against the Cardinals. If they get ahead enough I can't see a way back into it for Denver - their offense just isn't enough of a threat. They were lucky to scrape through an absolutely awful Patriots side in the playoffs essentially because NE didn't have an O-line and Von Miller was like a pig in shit. Won't happen this weekend.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:51 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I have to be honest, when I came over here I thought 'there's no way i'm ever going to like baseball. And then... :oops:

It's relaxing to watch in the summer. Still prefer proper football to all obviously!
I love American Football, even played for the 'Lancaster Bombers' for a spell. It's just whether I can be bothered to stay up late enough. Last years had an incredible finish.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Having a SB 50 Party!!!

Got about 4 people coming over, probably not until Half-Time :cry:

AmAWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AmAWanderer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Just put it on now, quite looking forward to the game but whether I can stay awake is another story.