Ryder Cup 2016

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Ryder Cup 2016

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:22 am

http://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/2016/ ... y-brother/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The time is nearly upon us, for what I believe to be one of the most entertaining golf matches ever devised. The twists and turns on the final day are often alongside the most dramatic events in world sport.

As ever, really looking forward to it.

Spiced up a little with Pete Willet's article in a golf magazine - pretty much calls it as it is for me (although I don't think I'd have given the Muricans something to aim at like this - it'll only encourage them).

Come on Team Europe! (Think it might be a struggle though)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ryder Cup 2016

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:35 am

"pudgy, unwashed", "fat, stupid, greedy, classless" and a “baying mob of imbeciles”. :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:"pudgy, unwashed", "fat, stupid, greedy, classless" and a “baying mob of imbeciles”. :lol:
Indeed. :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:29 pm

As great as the twists and turns can be, I can't bear to watch it for all the tossers shouting "get in the hole".

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:54 pm

He should be fecking ashamed of himself (Danny's brother). Hit the headlines for some genuinely hilarious from the heart tweets during Danny's superb final round push at Augusta in April and he thinks he can write this kind of dribble - tongue in cheek, funny or not - on the eve of the Ryder Cup, Danny's first Ryder Cup. What a knobend. Write that shit (if you REALLY feel compelled to) after we've dished out another defeat, not a couple of days before while everyone is practising, learning the course and getting to grips with the occasion. Sheesh! Danny's gonna be getting some shit from behind the ropes from here on out. Brookline Mk2 if they start charging ahead.

Here's how I reckon we'll tackle tomorrow's opening Foursomes (alt. shot)
Rose & Stenson
Garcia & Cabrera Bello
Westwood & Willett
McIlroy & Fitzpatrick

Can't see Wood, Sullivan or Pieters playing much alternate shot in a debut Ryder Cup on American soil (happy to be proved wrong if they've been nailing it in the practise rounds) and Kaymer's short game is too hit and miss for the format.

I've got beers for every European nationality in the team. Messy weekend ahead. :pissed:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Also, the best comment in the whole article is clearly the reference to the "members of the Dentists’ Big Game Hunt Society." That's the only put down that hit the money.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:17 pm

I thought it was all fairly on the money, TBH. Although ill timed. It describes the crowd at Brookline to a T.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:33 pm

And here's me thinking we've all moved on from Brookline (we had, mostly).

The 2024 RC at Bethpage on Long Island in New York - that will get Ugly. There's a reason, after Valhalla in Kentucky in 08, that you could throw a net over the next three Ryder Cup venues in the USA (Medinah in Chicago, Hazeltine in Minnesota and Whistling Straights in Wisconsin on the bank of Lake Michigan), the fans are slightly more civilized up there in the bleak mid-west than they are down south or over in Boston and New York.

We already have taken the piss out of them on the course for the past three Ryder Cups, now we've got a team member's brother rubbing their noses in it, insulting the very people who pay their money and make the Ryder Cup what it is - the biggest golf game in the world. Poor judgement.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:45 pm

I agree it was poor judgement - I don't think it's hugely inaccurate though - and they pay Pete Willet's nowt. :-)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I thought it was all fairly on the money, TBH. Although ill timed. It describes the crowd at Brookline to a T.
Clarke and his brother are not too happy either.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/37500790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Whatever.

It's the views of a brother of a participant in a magazine for chrissake.

Stop with the OMG already. :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Whatever.

He's an arsehole for getting a bit of celebrity off his brother's back. The content I've no problem with. Should've forseen that it would be flagged up or written under a pseudonym. Feel sorry for Danny, hope he has a blinder now.
Watch the crowds now prove Peter right.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:07 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:Rose & Stenson
Garcia & Cabrera Bello
Westwood & Willett
McIlroy & Fitzpatrick
Rose/Stenson v Spieth/Reed
McIlroy/Sullivan v Mickleson/Fowler
Garcia/Kaymer v Walker/Zac Johnson
Pieters/Westwood v Johnson/Kuchar.

13:35 KO.

Not a bad attempt Dr H. :-)

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:10 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Whatever.

He's an arsehole for getting a bit of celebrity off his brother's back. The content I've no problem with. Should've forseen that it would be flagged up or written under a pseudonym. Feel sorry for Danny, hope he has a blinder now.
Watch the crowds now prove Peter right.
Well, he'll have to wait, because Big Bro has written him out of today's foursomes. Every pundit was predicting a Westwood/Willett partnership ahead of today (Clarke has probably been planning it since Augusta - with the nature of the rookie-heavy qualifiers he was always going to pick Westwood and the two are both coached by Pete Cowen & have the same management company so look a natural fit).

The crowds have added incentive to be double baba-booey mashed potato get in the hole pricks now. Congratulations to all concerned!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:14 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:Rose & Stenson
Garcia & Cabrera Bello
Westwood & Willett
McIlroy & Fitzpatrick
Rose/Stenson v Spieth/Reed
McIlroy/Sullivan v Mickleson/Fowler
Garcia/Kaymer v Walker/Zac Johnson
Pieters/Westwood v Johnson/Kuchar.

13:35 KO.

Not a bad attempt Dr H. :-)
Hah, it was half decent - can't help thinking I was robbed of the W'Wood/Willett combo by a silly sibling!

Hope to see McIlroy and Sulli hand Mickelson and Fowler their arses (although would have loved to see McIlroy vs D.Johnson). Big Phil puts his foot in it every time he opens his big gob (which is all the time).

PREDICTIONS:
Rose/Stenson v Spieth/Reed ---- Halved
McIlroy/Sullivan v Mickleson/Fowler ----EUR WIN
Garcia/Kaymer v Walker/Zac Johnson --- EUR WIN
Pieters/Westwood v Johnson/Kuchar.--- USA WIN

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Not sure I'll last three days of listening to the pudgy, unwashed, lego-heads shouting USA every fecking shot. McIlroy looks well wound up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Early days but this does not look good. A long time since the away team lost the first foursomes session and came back to win the whole thing.

Edit: Christ this looks like being 4-0! Oh dear.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:37 pm

Yup. Poor shot from Sullivan. Be a good one to win from here, but still a way to go. We might have to get Montry out of the commentary box at this rate.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Yup. Poor shot from Sullivan. Be a good one to win from here, but still a way to go. We might have to get Montry out of the commentary box at this rate.
Faldo is in our commentary box, but I'd leave him there. Well, that was a disaster but the American fans lived up to billing.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Please get Monty out of there. Everything about the pompous tit makes me cringe.