Six Nations 2017...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Six Nations 2017...

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:56 am

boltonboris wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
I read that this year, Italy are the lowest world ranked team ever to take part in the tournament, so either other smaller nations have improved, or Italy have gone backwards. Just checked.. Georgia are above them and Romania will probably pass them by the summer
That surprises me B.B. No expert but I've been watching Six Nations ( which is all I'm really talking about) a fair few years and seen Italy improve, but worldwise, quite possibly the ratings mean that a lot of others have improved in the game. Right now I'm more concerned on beating the next door neighbours this coming week. :grin:
Course.. They were the whipping boys for years, but have definitely seem to have caught up a bit..
Problem is, they're not improving as fast as some of the other nations, so they still look a way behind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Whew, what a bruising battling roller-coaster of a game that was. All games should really be that close. When you consider the prefection of Owen Farrel's kicking normally which was a tad off, today was a very good result. Who better to beat in Six Nations than the French and the Welsh. Love it. Oh, and Bolton winning 4-1 of course; what a good day. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:15 am

What. A. Game.

Thought we'd blown it when Biggar broke through.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:What. A. Game.

Thought we'd blown it when Biggar broke through.
I had the T.V on, and due to the delay at Bolton's game was watching, listening to Tower Radio and trying to type a running commentary on here all at the same time. As you say, what a game. Even king of the daffodils, Jonathan Davis, was gracious about our win. Absolute cracker and both defences were heroic. :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:39 pm

3-0 clock kick off, lovely. Looking forward to this one because I reckon Italy have improved greatly. I won't attempt to give opinion, I'm not knowlegable enough of the game, but I have been watching T.V rugby as an enthusiast right back to when Bill Beaumont, Martin Johnson, Lawrence Dalallio and even the Blackpool Tower, Wade Dooley, were throwing folk about. Bring it on... :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Wow, what a ding-dong do. Italy made us really work for that. Totally baffled as to what all the rules arguments were about so I'll pass on that. Thought we played well against a side that may help our cause by playing that well against some of the others. Really battling, bruising game and I'll bet there are a few aches and pains out there tonight. Cracking stuff.
Chariots all swinging low and nicely. :oyea:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at half time.

Came out all guns blazing.

Great result.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:05 pm
Wow, what a ding-dong do. Italy made us really work for that. Totally baffled as to what all the rules arguments were about so I'll pass on that. Thought we played well against a side that may help our cause by playing that well against some of the others. Really battling, bruising game and I'll bet there are a few aches and pains out there tonight. Cracking stuff.
Chariots all swinging low and nicely. :oyea:
Got account locked out temporarily, but this bit around the rules arguments. Italy were deliberately standing in what would have been offside positions, had they formed a ruck (which they repeatedly didn't), either between the ball player and the England scrum half or between the scrum half and stand-off.

It certainly had me confused first half too as I repeatedly shouted "he's fcking offside" at the telly, the ref, the barman and confused red-shite that had turned up early. I did eventually twig that they weren't forming rucks and in the end England got a bonus point win so no real harm done, other than to the paying public. England coaching staff should have twigged earlier and tried to change tack - they clearly had it worked out by half time, because they came out second half with a different plan.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 am

Got account locked out temporarily, but this bit around the rules arguments. Italy were deliberately standing in what would have been offside positions, had they formed a ruck (which they repeatedly didn't), either between the ball player and the England scrum half or between the scrum half and stand-off.

It certainly had me confused first half too as I repeatedly shouted "he's fcking offside" at the telly, the ref, the barman and confused red-shite that had turned up early. I did eventually twig that they weren't forming rucks and in the end England got a bonus point win so no real harm done, other than to the paying public. England coaching staff should have twigged earlier and tried to change tack - they clearly had it worked out by half time, because they came out second half with a different plan.
Cheers Worthy, can't claim full understanding, but at least its been highlighted. Trust the Italians, apart from Dean Martin and Tognarellis and Manfredi's ice cream I never really took to them.Hell of a game though. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 pm

4-0'clock kick off Saturday against the Jocks. How very, very thoughtless of the organisers.... :(

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:21 pm
4-0'clock kick off Saturday against the Jocks. How very, very thoughtless of the organisers.... :(
It avoids an major Prem football fixtures, which is ok in my book. :-)

Middlesborough and City will be done and Arsenal don't kick off until it's finished...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Ah, if only footballers had the fight, effort and determination shown in this Rugby Union. Ireland and Wales, joint second at this stage in the table, are knocking seven bells out of each other with nothing in it but two points at the break. A defenders game from both sides so far and still all to play for. Sexton's been in the sin bin for ten mins and he's been pretty battered despite being a key player for Ireland. 8-6 the Taffs at the break.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Real shame that it couldn't have ended as a draw. Fantastic battle and I'd really like to have seen Ireland win for personal reasons, but the Welsh defence were superb. Second half the Irish were all over them like measles but the Welsh probably deserved their win. Cracking game I really enjoyed even though I still don't understand all the rules in a game that resembles Wood Street club, The Griffin, The Rocket and Yates's Wine Lodge having a mass punch up on a Friday night circa 1956.. :)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:38 am

Sweaties Captain wrote:"We're very much in a position to come down here and win, and nothing is going to come in our way."
If England Captain had said that, we'd be flooded with accusations of arrogance by Jocks with a chip...How dare they think they could win at the "Home of Rugby". Bastards.

They're very much improved since Cotter took over, was mightily impressed with their World Cup performance and you could see the turn around starting prior to that. Last time at Twickenham, didn't think they were quite strong enough to turn us over if we played well. Yes, they were winning at half time, but the problem with that is, teams can put it all in, in the first 60 minutes then run out of steam. Generally that's what differentiates rugby sides (unless it's a total mismatch), the last 20 minutes.

To give some balance, heard Nick Easter on the radio talking about 12-15 point wins for England. England scraped past France and Wales and the scoreline again Italy belies how tough they made it for England. Hopefully a win for England but I think it'll be close unless England play at the top of our game and the sweaties have a 'mare, and a second Championship on the bounce. But I could also see it heading into the last weekend with a difficult trip to the Aviva awaiting...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Watched the whole game on Freeview 33 plus one. Battered the scots, won the Six Nations and Bolton put four past Fleetwood. How good can a day get.. :oyea:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:10 pm
Watched the whole game on Freeview 33 plus one. Battered the scots, won the Six Nations and Bolton put four past Fleetwood. How good can a day get.. :oyea:
I ended up in an online conversation with Ginger Wildheart about our Tanglewood guitars. I'm going to wake up soon :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 am

St Pat's day yesterday, England looking for Grand Slam and world record. All set up nicely for the party poopers...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 am
St Pat's day yesterday, England looking for Grand Slam and world record. All set up nicely for the party poopers...
Surely no self respecting Eireshman will be in any fit state to do anything today :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Surely no self respecting Eireshman will be in any fit state to do anything today :D
St Patrick's Day, that's American isn't it? :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:51 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 am
Worthy4England wrote:
St Patrick's Day, that's American isn't it? :wink:
Alternative facts my friend, alternative facts...