Favourite pub..

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Favourite pub..

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:16 am

Worthy4England wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:The Garratt in Manchester. First pub I'd say was a regular for me. Gone to shit now, obv.

Park Hotel in Monton, always fond memories as it's my go to pub to see all my old friends at christmas.

Trionas also in Sullivan St, NYC. A friendly bar with friendly staff.
Was in there for the Rugby on Saturday. :-)
Nice. A friend was telling me they had refurbished it recently - how's it looking? I'm hoping it survives what seems to be the army of craft beer places that have been popping up on Monton High Street...
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:The Garratt in Manchester. First pub I'd say was a regular for me. Gone to shit now, obv.

Park Hotel in Monton, always fond memories as it's my go to pub to see all my old friends at christmas.

Trionas also in Sullivan St, NYC. A friendly bar with friendly staff.
Was in there for the Rugby on Saturday. :-)
Nice. A friend was telling me they had refurbished it recently - how's it looking? I'm hoping it survives what seems to be the army of craft beer places that have been popping up on Monton High Street...
It's looking pretty swish for a Holts' gaff and had a reasonable IPA selection alongside it's Holts' range. It was bombed.

http://www.joseph-holt.com/pubs/view/park-monton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A lot of the pop-ups are pretty small by comparison, so I think it's chances are pretty good and Holts' wouldn't have sunk a bean into it had it been performing poorly,

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:49 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Some quite good'uns in here, but I'll add my vote to the one in Affetside.

And a soft spot for the Duke William in Ainsworth - and I used to love the Ainsworth Arms in Halliwelll, but it went a bit shit a few years back and I haven't been since. Any good?
Nobody anywhere, ever, has served a pint of Landlord as well as Tony Bretherton.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Some quite good'uns in here, but I'll add my vote to the one in Affetside.

And a soft spot for the Duke William in Ainsworth - and I used to love the Ainsworth Arms in Halliwelll, but it went a bit shit a few years back and I haven't been since. Any good?
Nobody anywhere, ever, has served a pint of Landlord as well as Tony Bretherton.
Tony Bretherton was/is a mate of my brothers (they were in the same class at school) Am I wrong in thinking he moved on to the New Inn at the bottom of Halliwell? (won't swear to it)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Tony Bretherton was/is a mate of my brothers (they were in the same class at school) Am I wrong in thinking he moved on to the New Inn at the bottom of Halliwell? (won't swear to it)
I doubt it, Tango. What used to be the New Inn is now a chemists, I think. Tony left The Ainsworth a few years back, presumably to retire. The place is now owned by a local brewery who've modernised it. It's smart enough but doesn't have the character of how Tony had it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I doubt it, Tango. What used to be the New Inn is now a chemists, I think. Tony left The Ainsworth a few years back, presumably to retire. The place is now owned by a local brewery who've modernised it. It's smart enough but doesn't have the character of how Tony had it.
Aye, I've been having a think on that Bruce, Tony B is a mate of our Mick's and did have the Ainsworth as you say. Just before the New Inn closed the landlord was another mate of ours, Jack Fitzimmons who lived in the next street to us way back.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?