#NotYouToo

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

#NotYouToo

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:17 pm

This is getting ridiculous. When you're male, white, a natural born citizen of the UK, heterosexual, middle aged, educated, fully limbed, democratic, and secular, it appears we are Devils Incarnate... #JeSuisCharlieBrown
At least I've got Snoopy who loves me.

(PS if you've got be a victim in the modern new world, why not?)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Re: #NotYouToo

Post by bedwetter2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:17 pm
This is getting ridiculous. When you're male, white, a natural born citizen of the UK, heterosexual, middle aged, educated, fully limbed, democratic, and secular, it appears we are Devils Incarnate... #JeSuisCharlieBrown

I don't know about Snoopy but when reincarnated I am determined to come back as a one eyed, one legged lesbian yogurt knitter with serious daddy issues. Then Charlie Brown will love me but too bad for him. He'll have a restraining order on him before he can say diddlysquat.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:18 pm

...and I'm a little late to the party here, but apparently KFC have had a few problems actually having any chicken to attempt to Kentucky fry, and apparently this is due to that male driven organisation DHL attempting to 'mansport' the chicken bits to the overwhelmingly vulnerable female staff who woman the Kentucky fryin' process. Shame on those blokes.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:10 pm

It does seem that 90% of being a modern middle aged man is trawling the internet for the"hot takes" of random idiots no-one else is paying attention to to get offended by.

The other 10% is mocking "millennials" and "snowflakes" for constantly being offended.

My own personal hot take is that this is because there is no such feeling or thing as "offence" but it's just a euphemism for having a moan about something. That's something everyone of us enjoys doing ourselves and dislike in others.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 pm

I'm coming back as an Irish Ozzie Eunuch, Aboriginie, then they can all please themselves, I won't be giving one about any of it. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:10 pm
It does seem that 90% of being a modern middle aged man is trawling the internet for the"hot takes" of random idiots no-one else is paying attention to to get offended by.

The other 10% is mocking "millennials" and "snowflakes" for constantly being offended.

My own personal hot take is that this is because there is no such feeling or thing as "offence" but it's just a euphemism for having a moan about something. That's something everyone of us enjoys doing ourselves and dislike in others.
You're probably right. I just fear for logical secular scientific rationalism. It's a fear I have. I lie awake at night and imagine some three centuries ahead when humanity hasn't progressed and the dark ages are sweeping back in...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 pm

They're already back, Spotty.

The Great Enlightenment never happened. I blame the trolls.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:18 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

That's as clear as Charlie Brown's teacher!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

You can be a victim too. Male, white, natural born citizen's of the UK, heterosexual, middle aged, educated, fully limbed, democratic and secular people can be victims of sexual assault too. Many are.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

You can be a victim too. Male, white, natural born citizen's of the UK, heterosexual, middle aged, educated, fully limbed, democratic and secular people can be victims of sexual assault too. Many are.
...I have a teensy-weensy suspicion that the concept of irony passes you by... whoosh.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Victims of the World Unite: Two more of us have been victimised...
Full quote from The Times...
under the headline "Costly Misdiagnosis".
A 62 year old woman says she has been left penniless after frittering away thousands of pounds on holidays and family gifts when she was told by NHS doctors that she had dementia and would live for five years at most - only to discover later that she was suffering from anxiety. Roy Dibb husband of Jackie, from Hull, said "We emptied our pensions and savings".

Now for me I've no doubt that Jackie is a victim, no doubt whatsoever. Everyone of us should feel deep shame in the way we've treated this poor woman. Shameful.
But: I've never known a diagnosis of dementia that gives a timescale of death - so, if true, I suggest that particular set of NHS doctors be sacked to save the UK from penury.
Nor do I see why Roy, with his centuries of possible healthy life in front of him, should have also participated in the Great Fritter - I say that his compo should be reduced by at least a third because, although he was obviously influenced and bamboozled by the NHS doctors (and therefore a genuine victim), he still enjoyed the holidays he would have taken in ten years time had he lived (which he might possibly still do, not having Anxiety - sorry, Dementia - sorry, A Death Sentence).

FFFFFFFFFS.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 pm
Victims of the World Unite: Two more of us have been victimised...
Full quote from The Times...
under the headline "Costly Misdiagnosis".
A 62 year old woman says she has been left penniless after frittering away thousands of pounds on holidays and family gifts when she was told by NHS doctors that she had dementia and would live for five years at most - only to discover later that she was suffering from anxiety. Roy Dibb husband of Jackie, from Hull, said "We emptied our pensions and savings".

Now for me I've no doubt that Jackie is a victim, no doubt whatsoever. Everyone of us should feel deep shame in the way we've treated this poor woman. Shameful.
But: I've never known a diagnosis of dementia that gives a timescale of death - so, if true, I suggest that particular set of NHS doctors be sacked to save the UK from penury.
Nor do I see why Roy, with his centuries of possible healthy life in front of him, should have also participated in the Great Fritter - I say that his compo should be reduced by at least a third because, although he was obviously influenced and bamboozled by the NHS doctors (and therefore a genuine victim), he still enjoyed the holidays he would have taken in ten years time had he lived (which he might possibly still do, not having Anxiety - sorry, Dementia - sorry, A Death Sentence).

FFFFFFFFFS.
I think the form of dementia they thought she had does have a fairly tight life expectancy range.

However, I suspect they didn't say "you've 5 years to live" rather "you might expect hopefully at least 5 more years of a relatively normal life".

Which is very different. Once you're talking over 12 months any prognosis is extremely speculative at best, and I doubt was offered in any way other than "best/worst case" scenarios.

You would think however, that if you'd been led to believe you were dead in half a decade that to then be told you were fine, would be only good news.