Rugby league

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Rugby league

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:11 pm

Did anyone else watch this afternoon's international?

This series has been an absolute cracker. For the benefit of the sport, I was almost routing for a New Zealand win, or at least a draw, just to take it to a decider at Elland Road on Sunday. But I'm glad we got there in the end; our final two tries were worked brilliantly.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Rugby league

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:19 am

Yeah it was belting. Didn't see the first one but that was a really good game. Two well matched teams tearing into one another.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Good game, and really pleased for makinson. He’s had some serious injuries but has fought back to become a really key player for saints, often not given the plaudits many higher profile wingers receive. His game is near flawless, and I’m not sure I’d swap him for anyone. Also delighted for Lomax for finally having a huge game and showing his ability on the biggest stage.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:55 pm

Wow.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:55 pm
Wow.
I don’t think I’m quite over it yet. It was the most tense sporting event I’ve ever sat through, then the emotion swings in that last 90 seconds were like nothing I’ve ever experienced. The initial despair of giving the penalty away, the joy of hardaker missing it, the building excitement as our set moved towards Wigan’s half, the thrill of Makinson seeming to nail his DG attempt, then the heartbreak of it coming back off the post, then the anticipation of seeing Welsby closing down French and final pandemonium when he got to the ball and scored. Then there was the wait for the video ref which seemed to take for ever. The query offside, the query foot in goal.
It’s a close one, but I’d put it above the Forest game for last moment drama and excitement.