Top 5 of all time...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Ok, so at BP’s request on the athletics thread and because I know that it’s been keeping a lot of you awake at night wondering, here are my top 5 chocolate bars of all time. 8) Feel free to weigh in with your own top 5 (I mean, they’ll be wrong if they don’t match up with mine but don’t let that worry you) or start your own top 5 category. Tv programmes, albums, dog breeds, crisp flavours, greatest Scottish footballers ever lived (1. Kieran Tierney, 2. Kieran Tierney 3. Kieran Tierney...) etc etc.

So...

1. Creme eggs (why are they seasonal?)

2. Crunchies (the icecreams of these were immense until they started putting popping candy in them! :conf: )

3. Green and Blacks white chocolate

4. Mini eggs (another Easter triumph from Cadburys)

5. Vice versas - a classic from the past.


(My birthday is July 18th just so you all know should you want to send me anything).

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 pm

I’ll have to give this some thought, especially with me being so old and having so many more chocolate bars to choose from!

Ok. I’ve thought about it. Assuming blocks of chocolate are allowed....

1. Fruit & nut

2. Old Jamaica

3. Bounty

4. Double Decker

5. Texan

Creme eggs are seasonal because they’re minging! They’re also not a chocolate bar and neither are mini eggs! Call yourself an expert? 😜

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:58 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 pm
I’ll have to give this some thought, especially with me being so old and having so many more chocolate bars to choose from!

Ok. I’ve thought about it. Assuming blocks of chocolate are allowed....

1. Fruit & nut

2. Old Jamaica

3. Bounty

4. Double Decker

5. Texan

Creme eggs are seasonal because they’re minging! They’re also not a chocolate bar and neither are mini eggs! Call yourself an expert? 😜
No idea what 2 and 5 are but your other 3?! Double deckers are boring as, and the other 2 have fruit in them?!! :crazy: And you criticise my choices?! :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7764
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:05 pm

1) Chunky kit kat
2) Lion bar
3) Toblerone
4) Double decker
5) Ice breaker

I'd swap any of em though for a big bag of crisps
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:11 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:05 pm
1) Chunky kit kat
2) Lion bar
3) Toblerone
4) Double decker
5) Ice breaker

I'd swap any of em though for a big bag of crisps

Bugger. Forgot about lion bar. Good shout!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:14 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:58 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 pm
I’ll have to give this some thought, especially with me being so old and having so many more chocolate bars to choose from!

Ok. I’ve thought about it. Assuming blocks of chocolate are allowed....

1. Fruit & nut

2. Old Jamaica

3. Bounty

4. Double Decker

5. Texan

Creme eggs are seasonal because they’re minging! They’re also not a chocolate bar and neither are mini eggs! Call yourself an expert? 😜
No idea what 2 and 5 are but your other 3?! Double deckers are boring as, and the other 2 have fruit in them?!! :crazy: And you criticise my choices?! :wink:
Old Jamaica is rum & raisin flavoured. Texan was a very chewy caramel and chocolate bar. At least double decker is a bar and not an egg! You can’t even do your own poll properly! 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:24 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:05 pm
1) Chunky kit kat
2) Lion bar
3) Toblerone
4) Double decker
5) Ice breaker

I'd swap any of em though for a big bag of crisps
I never knew I was friends with so many people that had such dubious taste in chocolate bars. I think we can also safely say that Kit Kat’s belong in the biscuit category :spank: (Whats an ice breaker?!)

Go on Harry, redeem yourself. Give us your top 5 dog breeds. Reckon we have more common ground here.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7764
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:24 pm
Whats an ice breaker?!
A lovely chocolate bar from the 70s. I'd post a picture if I knew how! They probably discontinued them due to all the E numbers in em.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38821
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 pm

Dark Chocolate Bounty
Lindt Dark Cherry chocolate bar
Cadbury Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.
Fry's chocolate cream
Fry's Turkish Delight
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 pm
Dark Chocolate Bounty
Lindt Dark Cherry chocolate bar
Cadbury Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.
Fry's chocolate cream
Fry's Turkish Delight
Partial to cherry’s Tango? :D

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38821
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 pm
Dark Chocolate Bounty
Lindt Dark Cherry chocolate bar
Cadbury Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.
Fry's chocolate cream
Fry's Turkish Delight
Partial to cherry’s Tango? :D
Yep, M & S Cherry liqueurs are first on the Christmas choc list every year. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8856
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 pm
Dark Chocolate Bounty
Lindt Dark Cherry chocolate bar
Cadbury Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.
Fry's chocolate cream
Fry's Turkish Delight
Yes! The best answer yet. Big fan of their Turkish delight too.
I have tango in the lead.
...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:26 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 pm
Dark Chocolate Bounty
Lindt Dark Cherry chocolate bar
Cadbury Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.
Fry's chocolate cream
Fry's Turkish Delight
Yes! The best answer yet. Big fan of their Turkish delight too.
I have tango in the lead.

Well, what’s yours then?!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7764
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Turkish delight? I didnt think anyone actually ate those. Minging. You'll be telling us you like coffee creams next!

And point of order madam chairwoman - biscuits come in a packet with several others. A chocolate bar with a biscuit base, such as a kit kat, is still a chocolate bar.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24878
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:00 pm

1) Toblerone
2) Lion bar
3) Terry's chocolate orange
4) Mint Aero
5) Suchard Milka

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:54 pm
Turkish delight? I didnt think anyone actually ate those. Minging. You'll be telling us you like coffee creams next!

And point of order madam chairwoman - biscuits come in a packet with several others. A chocolate bar with a biscuit base, such as a kit kat, is still a chocolate bar.

I’ll agree with you re Turkish delight. Grim.

Kit Kat’s come in packets in the biscuit aisle?!

So Mr Know it all :wink: is a Jaffa cake a biscuit or a cake? :conf:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:00 pm
1) Toblerone
2) Lion bar
3) Terry's chocolate orange
4) Mint Aero
5) Suchard Milka
Chocolate orange, good call. I debated that for my top 5 but it finished 7th (after rolos)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:08 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:54 pm
Turkish delight? I didnt think anyone actually ate those. Minging. You'll be telling us you like coffee creams next!

And point of order madam chairwoman - biscuits come in a packet with several others. A chocolate bar with a biscuit base, such as a kit kat, is still a chocolate bar.
Thank you HG! I feel vindicated in my choice of Twix, which has been outrageously denied a place in this poll!

Quite partial to a Turkish delight though. Coffee creams are the work of the devil and whoever decided to put coffee in Revels deserves to be put up against the wall! 🤮

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:09 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:05 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:00 pm
1) Toblerone
2) Lion bar
3) Terry's chocolate orange
4) Mint Aero
5) Suchard Milka
Chocolate orange, good call. I debated that for my top 5 but it finished 7th (after rolos)

It’s not a chocolate bar and neither are rolos!

How long was your list btw? 😂

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8856
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:17 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:39 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:26 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:09 pm
Dark Chocolate Bounty
Lindt Dark Cherry chocolate bar
Cadbury Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.
Fry's chocolate cream
Fry's Turkish Delight
Yes! The best answer yet. Big fan of their Turkish delight too.
I have tango in the lead.

Well, what’s yours then?!
1. Fry's chocolate cream
2. Cadburys caramel
3. Toblerone
4. Flake
5. Kit kat chunky

*Munchies were removed from the list after I realised they were ineligible, allowing a promotion for the Chunky.
Last edited by LeverEnd on Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests