Top 5 of all time...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:07 pm
Sunday morning quickie?!

This comes under the ‘biscuits’ category for those wondering.

1. C

2. B

3. E

4. F

5. I

1. I
2. E
3. G
4. F
5. H

B has a coat of paint on top and is therefore inedible. 🤮

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:07 pm

I'd bin the lot of them in preference of some burnt toast with nowt on top.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sunday morning quickie?!

1. C

2. B

3. E

4. F

5. I
Malted milk are ok. But does anyone eat the rest of these? To me these are like childhood biscuits. Shitty childhood biscuits. Like when you couldn’t afford proper ones.

I mean sure - those that can’t buy owt nicer fine. But these are like poverty biscuits. You eat them because you have to.

The best cheap biscuits are 1) Hob nobs 2) ginger nuts.

I’m not sure much else is even worth consuming.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:44 pm

Malted milk are ok. But does anyone eat the rest of these? To me these are like childhood biscuits. Shitty childhood biscuits. Like when you couldn’t afford proper ones.

I mean sure - those that can’t buy owt nicer fine. But these are like poverty biscuits. You eat them because you have to.
Pretty obvious poverty hasn't figured much in your life. Lucky you. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 pm

I wouldn’t call them poverty biscuits :shock: but yes, it is a pretty retro selection. Stuff I had in the biscuit tin as a kid. I just saw the photo on a fb page and thought if I gave a choice of pictures it would stop 7 pages of endless debate about what constitutes a ‘biscuit’! :roll: :wink: I’m sure there are nicer, more expensive ones out there too.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:15 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 pm
I wouldn’t call them poverty biscuits :shock: but yes, it is a pretty retro selection. Stuff I had in the biscuit tin as a kid. I just saw the photo on a fb page and thought if I gave a choice of pictures it would stop 7 pages of endless debate about what constitutes a ‘biscuit’! :roll: :wink: I’m sure there are nicer, more expensive ones out there too.
You're the one getting confused. We're all perfectly happy with the correct definitions :roll:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sunday morning quickie?!

1. C

2. B

3. E

4. F

5. I

Chill out, mate. It’s a bit of fun. They’re the sort of biscuits we all grew up with. No need for the poverty comment. I dare say there’s a fair few folk around that still enjoy them. I know I do, with the exception of B which are a crime to humanity!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:50 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sunday morning quickie?!

1. C

2. B

3. E

4. F

5. I

Chill out, mate. It’s a bit of fun. They’re the sort of biscuits we all grew up with. No need for the poverty comment. I dare say there’s a fair few folk around that still enjoy them. I know I do, with the exception of B which are a crime to humanity!
I think this is a situation where the internet does no favours. I wasn’t being serious. We’ve all eaten plenty of pink wafers. And jammy dodgers, who hasn’t? It probably isn’t the most appealing selection but I was tongue in cheek.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Bourbons and Custard Creams are great!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:15 pm
Bourbons and Custard Creams are great!
Custard creams yes...bourbons are yuck.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:39 pm

Time for a new one.

Top 5 holidays

Can be a country, a place/resort/hotel within a country, or even an activity. Basically no rules to split GG :P

Mine are:

1. Gili Lankanfushi (Maldives)
2. Maldives (in general)
3. Cyclades (Greece)
4. Sailing the Canary Islands (would love to sail around Greece)
5. Lake District

Scottish Highlands would have been in there but I live in the area now. It was very close between the Lake District and Cornwall for 5th.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:39 pm
Time for a new one.

Top 5 holidays

Can be a country, a place/resort/hotel within a country, or even an activity. Basically no rules to split GG :P

Mine are:

2. Maldives (in general)
3. Cyclades (Greece)
5. Lake District

Scottish Highlands would have been in there but I live in the area now. It was very close between the Lake District and Cornwall for 5th.
Is this holidays we have been on or ones we would like to go on?!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:04 pm

1. Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
2. Pretty much anywhere in the Carribean.
3. Munchen, Germany (around Oktoberfest time :-) ) - probably more of a long weekend than holiday
4. Prague - Same as #3 long weekend
5. Egypt - archaeology sites etc. rather than "beach hol"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:14 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Time for a new one.

Top 5 holidays

Mine are:

2. Maldives (in general)
3. Cyclades (Greece)
5. Lake District

1. Mexico - went to Playa del Carmen in 2001, just before it became popular. The most perfect holiday imaginable. The weather, the Mayan sites, the food, everything.
2. New York - You either love it or you hate it, but I recommend everybody to go. Personally I'd move there tomorrow.
3. Lake District - Particularly Keswick. It's something of a default setting, I know, but I still don't get up there often enough. Coming down off a hillside to a pub dinner and a few ales. Heaven. :)
4. Nerja - Spain. You can keep tourist Spain. I swore I'd never set foot in the place again after a lads trip to Benidorm when I was about 20. Then someone took me to Nerja - Spain as the Spanish intended it to be. A gorgeous place where even the waiters don't speak English :) I have to add that Golfing in Marbella's a wonderful trip too.
5. Zermatt - Switzerland. Walking on the Alps by the foot of the Matterhorn in a t-shirt and shorts, on top of snow and ice. What an incredible experience and an incredible place. Topped off the trip by driving back up through France without using the autoroutes, driving up through the countryside, villages and towns, stopping over in Dijon.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:42 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Time for a new one.

Top 5 holidays

Mine are:

2. Maldives (in general)
3. Cyclades (Greece)
5. Lake District

Is this holidays we have been on or ones we would like to go on?!
To know if it is any good I think it needs to be ones you've been on. That said, I did say no rules...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:14 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Time for a new one.

Top 5 holidays

Mine are:

2. Maldives (in general)
3. Cyclades (Greece)
5. Lake District

1. Mexico - went to Playa del Carmen in 2001, just before it became popular. The most perfect holiday imaginable. The weather, the Mayan sites, the food, everything.
2. New York - You either love it or you hate it, but I recommend everybody to go. Personally I'd move there tomorrow.
3. Lake District - Particularly Keswick. It's something of a default setting, I know, but I still don't get up there often enough. Coming down off a hillside to a pub dinner and a few ales. Heaven. :)
4. Nerja - Spain. You can keep tourist Spain. I swore I'd never set foot in the place again after a lads trip to Benidorm when I was about 20. Then someone took me to Nerja - Spain as the Spanish intended it to be. A gorgeous place where even the waiters don't speak English :) I have to add that Golfing in Marbella's a wonderful trip too.
5. Zermatt - Switzerland. Walking on the Alps by the foot of the Matterhorn in a t-shirt and shorts, on top of snow and ice. What an incredible experience and an incredible place. Topped off the trip by driving back up through France without using the autoroutes, driving up through the countryside, villages and towns, stopping over in Dijon.
Been 5 times to Playa Del Carmen since 2001. We stay a short way out of Del Carmen in Playacar. It's still pretty perfect! But the "timeshare bandits" were a lot more prevalent last time out than first time out, when we didn't see a one, and we have noticed a drop in service and quality since...

in 5 - I nearly put Lucerne for similar reasons to your inclusion of Zermatt. It's all just so neat and fresh.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Bruce has a lot of my list already....

1) Caribbean islands - I've been to a fair few and never ever had a bad time.
2) Mexico - As Bruce says this has everything - food, history, culture - never felt unsafe - brilliant (just avoid Cancun).
3) New York - Feel like I'm copying Bruce's list but absolutely brilliant place - probably wouldn't live there but....
4) Keswick - its lovely - would love to live round there if I make retirement (or below).
5) Italy - Rome and south of Naples in particular absolutely love it. History, food, lifestyle is all so good. Would live here probably or the Lakes.

Maldives is a close runner up - and would make the list in all honesty if the effect of tourism there on the natural beauty and the planet generally was a bit less appalling. Also Norway, Greece and San Francisco all runners up....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:41 pm

You have much better spelling of Caribbean too! :oops:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Maldives is a close runner up - and would make the list in all honesty if the effect of tourism there on the natural beauty and the planet generally was a bit less appalling.
It is an issue, but there are several resorts that really do take the issue seriously and do an awful lot to mitigate the impact. The same can be said for pretty much anywhere people visit, There are major issues in my part of the world, but without tourism life on these islands wouldn't be viable. It's about making tourism more sustainable. Less day trippers and short stayers and have folk stay longer would give us a better balance of people and income, which in term would benefit the environmental side.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:28 pm

Been 5 times to Playa Del Carmen since 2001. We stay a short way out of Del Carmen in Playacar. It's still pretty perfect! But the "timeshare bandits" were a lot more prevalent last time out than first time out, when we didn't see a one, and we have noticed a drop in service and quality since...
It was Playacar where we stayed. Iberostar Tucan as I recall, and yes a short walk away from Playa del Carmen itself.

Me and Our Kid shared an apartment. The maid pretty swiftly sussed our drinking habits and made sure that our fridge was heartily replenished with beer every day :) Anyway, it was almost embarrassing the way she looked after us over the course of the fortnight, hanging our stuff up / out to dry and all sorts. So, on the last day we made a point of clocking when she was doing our place so that we could nip up to thank her. I'm not sure how much/little maids get paid in Mexico but she burst into tears when we gave her something like £50.
May the bridges I burn light your way