Top 5 of all time...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36651
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:34 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:19 pm


How about top 5 gigs? Brucie could pick SLF 5 times :-)

I'll go with

1) Genesis - 2007
2) Rush - Farewell to Kings
2) Motorhead - Bomber
3) AC/DC - Back in Black
4) Black Sabbath - last tour (again) about 4 years back...
I've been thinking about this, and I honestly don't think it's possible for me to name my top 5 gigs (No.1 will always be SLF, Manchester Apollo, May 81 though ;) )

I can name the worst 5, but I wouldn't want to distract from the generally positive overall disposition of a 'Top 5' thread. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:37 pm

Dujon wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:26 pm
Is this the Umbro long-sleeved one, BP? It's the only football shirt I own and was gift. It's buried somewhere in my chest of drawers; I must dig it out and wear it again as the cooler weather is upon us.
There's nothing like over-emphasising a brand on the product. :shock:

I have just ferreted it out. It's not quite the same as the image as it doesn't have the Umbro name beneath the logo on the right chest and the 'wings' under the club logo do not have the white highlights but dark blue.
It is indeed. A work of art, ruined only by my scrawling of a number 11 on the back. In felt tip pen of all things! It was a lot of money for my mum to fork out at the time and I received a richly deserved bollocking as a result!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 pm

So what’s the next category then?! Any good ideas anyone?!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 pm
So what’s the next category then?! Any good ideas anyone?!
Movies?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 pm
So what’s the next category then?! Any good ideas anyone?!
Movies?
Good idea. Pretty sure I will be the only one of us having rom coms occupying the top 5 spots though. I’m not a massive girlie girl, but when it comes to movies... 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

This requires some thought.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:52 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 pm
So what’s the next category then?! Any good ideas anyone?!
Movies?
Good idea. Pretty sure I will be the only one of us having rom coms occupying the top 5 spots though. I’m not a massive girlie girl, but when it comes to movies... 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

This requires some thought.
Can we say they have to include at 1 guilty pleasure (so I don’t feel too embarrassed) or are guilty pleasures another category?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:52 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 pm
So what’s the next category then?! Any good ideas anyone?!
Movies?
Good idea. Pretty sure I will be the only one of us having rom coms occupying the top 5 spots though. I’m not a massive girlie girl, but when it comes to movies... 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

This requires some thought.
Can we say they have to include at 1 guilty pleasure (so I don’t feel too embarrassed) or are guilty pleasures another category?

Are you putting ridiculous rules in? Tut. I would never do that.

Just spit it out man. No one should be ashamed of watching ‘The little mermaid’ on repeat. You can be yourself here with us. We won’t judge your love of Disney princess movies (much).

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:30 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:52 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 pm
So what’s the next category then?! Any good ideas anyone?!
Movies?
Good idea. Pretty sure I will be the only one of us having rom coms occupying the top 5 spots though. I’m not a massive girlie girl, but when it comes to movies... 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

This requires some thought.
Can we say they have to include at 1 guilty pleasure (so I don’t feel too embarrassed) or are guilty pleasures another category?

Are you putting ridiculous rules in? Tut. I would never do that.

Just spit it out man. No one should be ashamed of watching ‘The little mermaid’ on repeat. You can be yourself here with us. We won’t judge your love of Disney princess movies (much).

😮 You said you’d never tell!

Movies is one category and guilty pleasures (music, movies or anything else that fits the bill) another.

Your love of Bolton Wanderers can go in the latter. 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:40 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:30 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:06 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:52 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:40 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:00 pm
So what’s the next category then?! Any good ideas anyone?!
Movies?
Good idea. Pretty sure I will be the only one of us having rom coms occupying the top 5 spots though. I’m not a massive girlie girl, but when it comes to movies... 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

This requires some thought.
Can we say they have to include at 1 guilty pleasure (so I don’t feel too embarrassed) or are guilty pleasures another category?

Are you putting ridiculous rules in? Tut. I would never do that.

Just spit it out man. No one should be ashamed of watching ‘The little mermaid’ on repeat. You can be yourself here with us. We won’t judge your love of Disney princess movies (much).

😮 You said you’d never tell!

Movies is one category and guilty pleasures (music, movies or anything else that fits the bill) another.

Your love of Bolton Wanderers can go in the latter. 😉
We both know that the loan of the Disney plus password was not for your daughter but in fact for you...

I’m not sure even you lot would describe watching Bolton as pleasurable at times. Ironically it might have been had we been able to go this season given you now can’t stop winning.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7764
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:48 pm

Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas
Once were warriors
Fargo
American Gangster

Not a romcom amongst em. Big shout out to Marley and Me though for making me cry!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:52 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:48 pm
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas
Once were warriors
Fargo
American Gangster

Not a romcom amongst em. Big shout out to Marley and Me though for making me cry!
Why does that not surprise me?! :D

(I’ve not watched any of them! ^)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27368
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:12 am

1) Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back
2) Pulp Fiction
3) Jurassic Park
4) Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark
5) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Notable nods to - Back to the Future, Saving Private Ryan, Lost in Translation, Groundhog Day, The Big Lebowski, Schindlers List, Titanic, Almost Famous and many many more.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24878
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:34 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:19 pm


How about top 5 gigs? Brucie could pick SLF 5 times :-)

I'll go with

1) Genesis - 2007
2) Rush - Farewell to Kings
2) Motorhead - Bomber
3) AC/DC - Back in Black
4) Black Sabbath - last tour (again) about 4 years back...
I've been thinking about this, and I honestly don't think it's possible for me to name my top 5 gigs (No.1 will always be SLF, Manchester Apollo, May 81 though ;) )

I can name the worst 5, but I wouldn't want to distract from the generally positive overall disposition of a 'Top 5' thread. :D
It was a pretty tough pick, because generally you pick your gigs because you want to be there (other than when 'Er indoors says something like "can we see the Human League"). Either way, we're not allowed to play this one coz BP didn't like it. :-)

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38821
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:28 pm

My personal choice Films:

Once upon a time in the West.
Last of the Mohicans.
Wind that shakes the barley.
Ben Hur (Charlton Heston version)
The Big Country.

Reserve team:

Emma.
Persuasion.
Strictly Ballroom
Chariots of Fire.
Guns of Navarone.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:52 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:34 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:19 pm


How about top 5 gigs? Brucie could pick SLF 5 times :-)

I'll go with

1) Genesis - 2007
2) Rush - Farewell to Kings
2) Motorhead - Bomber
3) AC/DC - Back in Black
4) Black Sabbath - last tour (again) about 4 years back...
I've been thinking about this, and I honestly don't think it's possible for me to name my top 5 gigs (No.1 will always be SLF, Manchester Apollo, May 81 though ;) )

I can name the worst 5, but I wouldn't want to distract from the generally positive overall disposition of a 'Top 5' thread. :D
It was a pretty tough pick, because generally you pick your gigs because you want to be there (other than when 'Er indoors says something like "can we see the Human League"). Either way, we're not allowed to play this one coz BP didn't like it. :-)
I simply added another category, rather than ban gigs. Why not do both? Come on Worthy, don’t let the side down. Show GG that us blokes can multi task after all. 😉🤔

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:43 pm

Films

1. Saving Private Ryan
2. It’s a Wonderful Life
3. In Bruges
4. Back To The Future
5. Life Is Beautiful

Bubbling under - Goodfellas, Once Upon A Time In America, Terminator 2, Toy Story, Seven Psychopaths

Guilty pleasure and probably watched more than any other - Notting Hill 😬

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36651
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:33 pm

Films.

1/ Withnail & I
2/ Pulp Fiction
3/ The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse
4/ Oliver
5/ Sexy Beast
6/ Restless Natives
7/ The Whicker Man
8/ The Railway Children
9/ The Angel's Share
10/ In Bruges


Sorry, couldn't get it down to 5 :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:39 pm

In no particular order (cos I can’t decide)

Fever pitch
Mamma Mia
The Bridget Jones trilology
Never been kissed
Dirty dancing

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:15 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:39 pm
In no particular order (cos I can’t decide)

Fever pitch
Mamma Mia
The Bridget Jones trilology
Never been kissed
Dirty dancing
That’s 7! There you go again changing the rules. 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7749
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Top 5 of all time...

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:15 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:39 pm
In no particular order (cos I can’t decide)

Fever pitch
Mamma Mia
The Bridget Jones trilology
Never been kissed
Dirty dancing
That’s 7! There you go again changing the rules. 😉
Bruce had 10 and you had another 5 ‘bubbling under’ and you call me out?!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests