The TW Caption Competition Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:05 am

its not controversal - its only like southerners liking Extras and not That Peter Kay Thing

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:06 am

Its all a bit silly really. You put up a picture. Everyone has a go with a caption. You pick your fave and that person has a go with a photo. Simple really. Just like we did with the football boff tread a while back......... *halo*
Smarties have answers.....

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:07 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Goodness me... the controversy! There wasn't one that stood out in terms of humour level, and Kev's was a tiny bit outside the box so I went for it. Just out of interest... what are other people's views on who the winner should have been?

My attempt would have been something fairly standard like:

Laudrup: "I know it was a good goal mate, but steady on."
i realise that i didnt haqve an offering in this

but ithink that the Smackdown is symbolic of a metric tonne of feck* on here

i reaffirm my opinion that Mods should have a separate comp than the proles.

plus keith lard is a perv

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:08 am

is it not somethin we can run for 24 hours then have a poll?? just thinking of gotham city's democratic look on the world

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:08 am

Bench wrote:Its all a bit silly really. You put up a picture. Everyone has a go with a caption. You pick your fave and that person has a go with a photo. Simple really. Just like we did with the football boff tread a while back......... *halo*
Indeed. Well said that man.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:10 am

Batman wrote:
i realise that i didnt haqve an offering in this

but ithink that the Smackdown is symbolic of a metric tonne of feck on here

i reaffirm my opinion that Mods should have a separate comp than the proles.
I think your taking this all too seriously. We're trying to engender a feeling of liberty on this site - without any 'them and us'. Obviously this isn't always possible (like when someone is posting racist stuff and it needs deleting), but generally its worked really well. Do you mean that any members who happen to be mods/admin shouldn't also take part in the Fantasy or Prediction Leagues due to their status? What about current columnists? or anyone who has submitted and supported the site?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:11 am

perhaps there should be an independent vote

none of this feck*

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:12 am

get a west ham fan in off 606 to do it

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:12 am

Batman wrote:perhaps there should be an independent vote

none of this feck
eh? mummy posted the pic and has every right to pick the winner - that was his intention. Now the next person gets to do the same. As Kev is away for the weekend why not post up yer own pic? Its nowt to get in a tiz over.........

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:13 am

lol

and mummy started this with such good intentions

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:15 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:lol

and mummy started this with such good intentions
Its the alcho-pops. They're no good for ya.......... :pissed:

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:18 am

it isnt the original idea that i am concerned over, i am concerned at the amount of bumcheekery that goes on. I think that the smackdown is a bad idea because it is an ego thing, nothing more. Those in pwoer will succeed cos of the likes of Mich Caine et al who will arse lick to the max. Bench is an intelligent soul, Keveh is knowledgeable, and the rest are perfectly derserving of modship, but that doesnt automatically earn RESPECT.

therefore i agee that MODS need to have some form of superioity, but it must be earnt, not awarded.

im drunk.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:22 am

Batman wrote:it isnt the original idea that i am concerned over, i am concerned at the amount of bumcheekery that goes on. I think that the smackdown is a bad idea because it is an ego thing, nothing more. Those in pwoer will succeed cos of the likes of Mich Caine et al who will arse lick to the max. Bench is an intelligent soul, Keveh is knowledgeable, and the rest are perfectly derserving of modship, but that doesnt automatically earn RESPECT.

therefore i agee that MODS need to have some form of superioity, but it must be earnt, not awarded.

im drunk.
Actually I fully agree with you in this regard. But these things happen on forums such as this. I don't actually think that there is 'bum-cheekery' as you put it (well, not much). We have some strong characters on here and so I don't think its as bad as you seem to suggest. Strong characters don't need to do something like Smackdown - unless they want a laugh and subject themselves to some open humiliation. In all honesty thats why I volunteered - I didn't expect it to be turned into annonymous voting - at least the other way I would get praised / slagged off in the open.

Anyway - tis a bit of fun, but I can understand why you think that. But surely, regardless of whether you are a mod or not, if you are of a suitably strong character and write strong well argued points / articles, lesser posters would want to 'bum-cheek' them? :conf:

And agreed on your last point too. :grin:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:24 am

it wont put a pic in

i have a perfect none football pic, how do i put one in?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:25 am

to be frank, having been out on the razz since seven i am amazed that i am being coherent.

cheers

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:26 am

Right click on the image. Go to properties. Copy the url address for the pic. Now go to the 'Post Message' screen on the site and paste the url address. Make sure the brackets are either side of the address. Press Preview to make sure it works abd voila. Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's yer aunt.....

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:29 am

here is tom baker as doctor who

caption away
Last edited by hisroyalgingerness on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:31 am

hard lines

try again cock

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:32 am

Batman wrote:hard lines

try again cock
Looks fine to me.........