Transfer Window, Managers, Shopping, My Mrs. and Toasties

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

JAM
Hopeful
Hopeful

Transfer Window, Managers, Shopping, My Mrs. and Toasties

Post by JAM » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:30 pm

It suddenly occurred to me in a rare moment of clarity yesterday evening whilst watching SSN that the transfer window makes football managers behave like my Mrs. on a shopping spree.

My point is that what ever happens she can't come home empty handed - doesn't matter what she comes home with as long as it's something.

Football managers seem to behave in the same way towards the end of the transfer window - doesn't matter who they buy as long as it's someone.

I'm sure we've all been guilty of buying something and deeply regreting it not long after, for example how often does the toastie maker come out of the back of the cupboard?

As a result of this I have two questions -

1) What's the most useless, uneconomical thing you've ever bought?

2) Which manager is waking up this morning wishing he still had the receipt from this summer's purchases?
This is supposed to be a man's game but it's full of namby-pamby, wet yer pants, frilly knicker wearing pansies.

david lee's bald patch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by david lee's bald patch » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:35 pm

The most useless thing I've ever bought is without doubt a coffee making machine, I don't even like coffee but Mrs. Bald Patch assured me she would use it and then discovered she couldn't work the foam making bit. She now buys packet cappucino's and thus wastes even more money.

The manager is possibly going to be Perrin or maybe Jol if the big names fail to pull their weight.

Steady
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Steady » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:39 pm

1) An exercise bike

2) Jols - I imagine he woke up confident in his new tactic of playing a 4-8-8 formation..... :crazy:

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:51 pm

my money would be on Jol - Jenas for 8mil :lol:

most useless thing i have ever bought hasn't arrived yet, but is coming in the post from amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... oding=UTF8

keyboard and mouse

with fingerprint reader

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:54 pm

keveh wrote:my money would be on Jol - Jenas for 8mil :lol:

most useless thing i have ever bought hasn't arrived yet, but is coming in the post from amazon:

keyboard and mouse

with fingerprint reader
I like how you're not even hiding the fact that it is useless and its not even arrived yet!
Businesswoman of the year.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:55 pm

lol, i was bored and i wanted to spend some money.

it's soooooo ace though, i just wish i had a use for it apart from typing. i'm the only one who uses my computer really, so i wont need the fingerprint reader.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:47 pm

I bought one of those fruit juice machines where you put a piece of fruit in and it liquidises it. But after a few goes it became such a pain cleaning the whole thing out that I just put it in the cupboard for good. At first it was so exciting - buying alsorts of fruits to liquidise and different combinations. But the novelty wore off quickly.

Without doubt - Paul Jewell - £3m for David Connolly!!!! :shock: :crazy:

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:54 pm

Perrin is looking my favorite, how many in? Take your pick from the non performers.

Most useless thing bought.................My new wireless router, bought cheap, it works but only with wires....D'oh

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:59 pm

1. Jol, the most defensive none creative midfield on the planet

2. Last seasons away kit.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:34 pm

I have to say, as far as originality goes, this is an absolutely top idea for a thread!!!! :ok: And in answer to your questions Jam:

1) What's the most useless, uneconomical thing you've ever bought?

Would have to be a mini-disc player. Once considered the pinnacle of portable and recordable music - 'tis the future, I've listened to it.....and all that bollocks - they were quickly usurped (about 2 years later) my mp3 players and the I-Pod. So I bought one of them too. :oops:

2) Which manager is waking up this morning wishing he still had the receipt from this summer's purchases?

Got to be Sourpuss. Having dished over £9m for Luque (WWHHHHHOOO?) who, lets face it, has yet to be proven at Premiership level, he has now signed for a reported £17m Michael Owen. The St James faithfull will never allow ol' pig heart to drop their beloved Alan Shearer - so what happens to little Luque? Taxiiiiiiiiiii...............
Smarties have answers.....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:23 pm

keveh wrote:my money would be on Jol - Jenas for 8mil :lol:

keyboard and mouse

with fingerprint reader
This has been bothering me for 18 months now....
Was the keyboard/fingerprint reader any good, keveh? :D
Businesswoman of the year.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:01 pm

well bang goes the latest Pravda!!

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:06 pm

1. A Coffee maker
2. Peter Reid with any of the following: Tore Andre Flo, Thomas Helmer (He told PR we needed to train with a ball - quickly released), Nicolas Medina (The next Maradona), Milton Nunez (we signed the wrong one!), Caarsten Fredgaard (the next Laundrup).
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:16 pm

Hoolio wrote: 2. Peter Reid with any of the following: Tore Andre Flo, Thomas Helmer (He told PR we needed to train with a ball - quickly released), Nicolas Medina (The next Maradona), Milton Nunez (we signed the wrong one!), Caarsten Fredgaard (the next Laundrup).
Surely you've missed out the worst of Reid's 'cock-up's' - £3.5 million for Lillan Laslandes!!!

:lmfao:

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:41 pm

sluffy wrote:
Hoolio wrote: 2. Peter Reid with any of the following: Tore Andre Flo, Thomas Helmer (He told PR we needed to train with a ball - quickly released), Nicolas Medina (The next Maradona), Milton Nunez (we signed the wrong one!), Caarsten Fredgaard (the next Laundrup).
Surely you've missed out the worst of Reid's 'cock-up's' - £3.5 million for Lillan Laslandes!!!

:lmfao:
Cracking player, though, but.

Knew he was doomed from the second he said:

"Play the ball to my feet and I'll show what I can do". In his press conference.

Reidy had a love for the long ball game. Bit like Sam.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.