What is the best pint?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:23 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
mofgimmers wrote:Pah! Bavarian Wheat Beers are the way forward! Dentergems is a fine fine pint... also, if you're near Hereford, Wye Valley Ale is a killer!!!

KRONENBOURG BLANC
ERDINGER
HOEGAARDEN, ESPECIALLY THE CRU
WEIHENSTEPHENER KRYSTAL

ANYBODY VOTING FOR CARLING OR SIMILAR ISN'T FIT TO SUP

PS LOOKING FORWARD TO A NICE BULGARIAN WHEAT NEXT WEEK
Capslock, how funny do you think you are with the capslock thing going on, I've only seen a few posts of yours and I am now very bored of it, do you still find it funny? :roll:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:29 am

I'M BORING BECAUSE OF THE CAPS

YOU'RE JUST...

ERRM

BORING
Sto ut Serviam

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:31 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I'M BORING BECAUSE OF THE CAPS

YOU'RE JUST...

ERRM

BORING
Is that the best you can come up with, you remind me of an old parrot I used to have :roll:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:33 am

pigsfoot wrote:

YOU'RE JUST...

ERRM

BORING
Is that the best you can come up with, you remind me of an old parrot I used to have :roll:
A parrot? You seemed the type of guy more into having a cockatoo. :wink:

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:43 am

seanworth wrote:
pigsfoot wrote:

YOU'RE JUST...

ERRM

BORING
A parrot? You seemed the type of guy more into having a cockatoo. :wink:
Did you deliberately wait 'til I was offline to write that :conf:

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:48 am

No, it was 7:30 in the morning here and I just got up.

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:57 am

seanworth wrote:No, it was 7:30 in the morning here and I just got up.
So you are more of a cock than a chicken?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:00 am

Depends on who you ask.

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:09 am

seanworth wrote:Depends on who you ask.
Well I think you're a cock :wink: , and everyone else who I'ved asked also thinks you're a cock, so it's official you're a cock.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:18 am

Must admit I have been compared to Foghorn more than once in my life. Everyone has their faults. Maybe I just put too much emphasis trying not to be a pig. :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:40 am

pigsfoot wrote:
seanworth wrote:Depends on who you ask.
Well I think you're a cock :wink: , and everyone else who I'ved asked also thinks you're a cock, so it's official you're a cock.
You didn't ask me! He's not a cock. He's a Canadian with a fondness for puns which slip by the mods.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

pigsfoot
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pigsfoot » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:42 am

seanworth wrote:Must admit I have been compared to Foghorn more than once in my life. Everyone has their faults. Maybe I just put too much emphasis trying not to be a pig. :wink:
Either you don't know what a cock means in England or you are just a nice bloke, I think the latter :P , BTW WTF is Foghorn?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:59 am

Yes I do know what a cock is, but insults said in fun on an internet forum is hardly getting worked up and losing ones hair over, especially since I have none left to lose. Foghorn is a loudmouth character in Bugs Bunny ( Boy, I said Boy). Or something like that.

Speaking of the word lose. I have noticed the past couple years people using the spelling loosing instead of losing? I thought it must be an American spelling, but I have read Canadians and English (one this forum) use the same spelling. Is this some accepted new spelling for the word or am I just loosing my mind.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:02 am

seanworth wrote:Speaking of the word lose. I have noticed the past couple years people using the spelling loosing instead of losing? I thought it must be an American spelling, but I have read Canadians and English (one this forum) use the same spelling. Is this some accepted new spelling for the word or am I just loosing my mind.
No, its just SKD who can't spell! -

Oh yes, I forgot its the Carling Cup!!!
Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:I'd give anything for us to win some silverware, still upset at loosing the cup 2 years ago....we were so close, I could almost taste the glory! :? But I guess the league and UEFA will come above domestic cup comps this year. I would be happy to just try and qualify for Europe again next year at the moment, but you never know! :twisted:

....another wasted education! :wink:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:07 am

I find the caps lock thing really funny, I couldn't tell you why.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:41 am

seanworth wrote:Yes I do know what a cock is, but insults said in fun on an internet forum is hardly getting worked up and losing ones hair over, especially since I have none left to lose. Foghorn is a loudmouth character in Bugs Bunny ( Boy, I said Boy). Or something like that.

Speaking of the word lose. I have noticed the past couple years people using the spelling loosing instead of losing? I thought it must be an American spelling, but I have read Canadians and English (one this forum) use the same spelling. Is this some accepted new spelling for the word or am I just loosing my mind.
The character is Foghorn Leghorn, a genuine Red Island Rhode - a very large rooster.
"Loosing" is not the correct spelling but mentioning spelling here can get you into a lot of trouble. Definatly!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:55 pm

YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:08 pm

A mate of mine lives in a village about 2 miles away from Marston's Brewery in Burton, his village boozer serves a sensational pint of Pedigree.

Honourable mentions must also go to the Pendle Witches at the Strawbury Duck, and to the Jennings Snecklifter at The George in Keswick.

However, this evenings post-match scoop will take place in The Ainsworth.

"Several pints of Landlord please Tony".
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:43 pm

I was last in the UK in 1992 with my family for a funeral. We visited Buttermere and most of the family decided to climb some local fell. However, my oldest son had broken his leg a few days before in Wales so I volunteered to look after him while the others had fun. In the local watering hole we had Cumbrian sausage and I had a pint of something called Old Peculiar (some local favourite as I understood it). I won't say it was close to my favourite pint but was one of the most memorable and I fully understood how it got its name.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:07 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I was last in the UK in 1992 with my family for a funeral. We visited Buttermere and most of the family decided to climb some local fell. However, my oldest son had broken his leg a few days before in Wales so I volunteered to look after him while the others had fun. In the local watering hole we had Cumbrian sausage and I had a pint of something called Old Peculiar (some local favourite as I understood it). I won't say it was close to my favourite pint but was one of the most memorable and I fully understood how it got its name.
Yorkshire brew John - but a good one never the less -

http://www.theakstons.co.uk/LA/OldPeculier.htm