PROOF AT LAST: NATASHA KNOWS BEST

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

OllyReedHangover
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by OllyReedHangover » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:20 pm

Lies, Damn Lies, and then Statistics

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:56 pm

Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:Get the kettle on. We'll be needing a brew whilst we discuss this. Two sugars in mine, pet.

:D
Post of the year? :D
Smarties have answers.....

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Natasha » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:26 pm

Bench wrote:
Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:Get the kettle on. We'll be needing a brew whilst we discuss this. Two sugars in mine, pet.

:D
Post of the year? :D
If post of the year doesn’t require any form of originality then yes, it’s post of the year.
It's only a football forum.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:31 pm

LOL!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Re: PROOF AT LAST: NATASHA KNOWS BEST

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:39 pm

Natasha wrote:I’ve been telling you for months now, but at last conclusive proof that I know more about football than you miserable lot:

British women are top of the table when it comes to knowledge about the beautiful game, relegating their menfolk to second spot, according to a survey released today.

Research found that 59 per cent of women could correctly identify the offside law - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of men.

Also 65 per cent of women correctly used the title assistant referee, while 40 per cent of men wrongly referred to the official as a "linesman".

"I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they're talking about when it comes to football because it was my mum who taught me the offside rule when I was a kid," Sky Sports presenter Helen Chamberlain said.
But as a woman you don't understand any of the statistics any way - you just aren't as clever as a man....

Men cleverer than women' claim

Academics in the UK claim their research shows that men are more intelligent than women.
A study to be published later this year in the British Journal of Psychology says that men are on average five points ahead on IQ tests.

Paul Irwing and Professor Richard Lynn claim the difference grows when the highest IQ levels are considered.

Their research was based on IQ tests given to 80,000 people and a further study of 20,000 students.

'Widening gap'

Dr Irwing, a senior lecturer in organisational psychology at Manchester University, told the Today programme on BBC Radio Four the study showed that, up to the age of 14, there was no difference between the IQs of boys and girls.

"But beyond that age and into adulthood there is a difference of five points, which is small but it can have important implications," he said.

"This is against a background of women dramatically overtaking men in educational attainment and making very rapid advances in terms of occupational achievement."

The academics used a test which is said to measure "general cognitive ability" - spatial and verbal ability.

As intelligence scores among the study group rose, the academics say they found a widening gap between the sexes.

There were twice as many men with IQ scores of 125, for example, a level said to correspond with people getting first-class degrees.

At scores of 155, associated with genius, there were 5.5 men for every woman.

Thank you m'lud, the defence rests.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Natasha » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:10 pm

I refer you to my previous post about geeks and the internet.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:11 pm

Natasha wrote:I refer you to my previous post about geeks and the internet.
And you found your information where?

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:15 pm

IT WAS A JOKE FEWLS!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:34 pm

keveh wrote:IT WAS A JOKE FEWLS!
FTLOG It's from the Daily Record originally, now unless Glasgow's finest is delivered regularly to Natasha's doorstep, she got it off the net. Therefore, she's as bad as anyone else who use the net to make a point/joke, so she can't criticise.

Logic not a strong point, is it Kev?

Natasha
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Natasha » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:42 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
FTLOG It's from the Daily Record originally, now unless Glasgow's finest is delivered regularly to Natasha's doorstep, she got it off the net. Therefore, she's as bad as anyone else who use the net to make a point/joke, so she can't criticise.

Logic not a strong point, is it Kev?
Listen to yourself man. It was a joke, I didn’t come on here saying men are crap – I am not a raving feminist, far from it in fact.

Let it lie will you. It was a joke.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:09 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Logic not a strong point, is it Kev?
Taking a joke is though.

I'm guessing reading a thread isn't your strong point as Nat had already said she was joking.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:11 pm

so you doing it is funny, anyone else doing it is sad.

that'll be natasha-logic then.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:12 pm

People need to learn to take everything Natasha says with a pinch of salt, everybody should know that by now.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:26 pm

keveh wrote:People need to learn to take everything Natasha says with a pinch of salt, everybody should know that by now.
Any they should learn that other people's posts should be taken with a pinch of salt...

"But as a woman you don't understand any of the statistics any way - you just aren't as clever as a man...."

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:28 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:To be fair, only H. Pedersen trawled the internet, I actually made mine up on the spot. And I'd assume that HP did it because he feels as passionate about people doctoring studies as you do about people not seeing the funny side of one of your posts. each to their own, eh?
Yes, that's pretty much true. It's not like Natasha is the only one posting this, it's starting to go around actual news sources in the doctored form. I also frankly loathing hearing BS about women and sports.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Re: PROOF AT LAST: NATASHA KNOWS BEST

Post by fatshaft » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:36 pm

Natasha wrote:I’ve been telling you for months now, but at last conclusive proof that I know more about football than you miserable lot:

British women are top of the table when it comes to knowledge about the beautiful game, relegating their menfolk to second spot, according to a survey released today.

Research found that 59 per cent of women could correctly identify the offside law - one of the game's hardest to comprehend - as opposed to just 55 per cent of men.

Also 65 per cent of women correctly used the title assistant referee, while 40 per cent of men wrongly referred to the official as a "linesman".

"I've never understood the big fuss surrounding whether girls know what they're talking about when it comes to football because it was my mum who taught me the offside rule when I was a kid," Sky Sports presenter Helen Chamberlain said.
Apart from the fact that this survey must be wrong, or they canvassed in a gay bar, the correct term for a linesman is linesman. A marathon is still a marathon, even if the yanks do think it should be called a snickers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Soon be kick off time Fatshaft. Calm down. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Soon be kick off time Fatshaft. Calm down. :wink:
I know. :mrgreen: