TW nightshift

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

TW nightshift

Post by blurred » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:01 am

Ok, it's a school night and it's late. What's your excuse to still be on here? Insomniac? Breast-feeding mother? Live on the wrong side of the world?

Rejoice in the quiteness of the fora, run around the hallways waving your top above your head and screaming, for all the bosses have gone home and it's time for the lunatics to take over the asylum.

My story? Well I'm stressed to the fecking eyeballs with a whole load of personal shite, worries, issues and the like, and despite being in the hospital till 6:30 this morning and only grabbing 45 mins kip on a mates sofa before heading off to work, I've still got fecking insomnia. I hate it. It's a c*nt.

Anyway, the moon's out, the stars are twinkling, and throughout TW nothing was stirring, not even a mouse...

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:09 am

I'm a sad loser :D
I stay up late talking to people on the internet, do you think any potential blokeys might find that an attractive trait? :wink:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:11 am

Hmmm, let's have a look around...

It appears a bit too quiet to snare anyone around these parts :)

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:07 am

I was just playing on Day of Defeat and forgot the time.

I'm just finishing off making a torrent then going to sleep :D

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:09 am

Smart arse! I'm on the right side of the world - you know, where people stand on their feet and look up to the Sun rather than gaze around in order to work out whether or not there is a Sun?

SKD, you are indeed a 'saddo', but I'm available if you work enough. Keep in mind though that I'm happily married with two kids and a mortgage (one of those is wrong) so you'll have to work damned hard to convince me. :grin:

I think I best leave you two together.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:12 am

Dujon wrote:I think I best leave you two together.
Hatching a plan together, are you? Shocking :o

And nah, mate, wrong side of the world. Where you are you've got to travel a good 20 hours or more to get a look at the ashes ;)

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:22 am

True, my good friend, but that was also the case when we 'had' them.

Of course there's the situation where our R.U. team just imploded and our R.L. team lost by an extraordinary something-or-other to NIL in the tri-nation series in your country. To whom? Ruddy New Zealand - if that's not something to turn the sporting world on its axis, then I don't know what is (apart from England winning an Ashes series, that is). :help:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:27 am

Midnight?! That's not the lateshift my friend. Poster such as Mar and me can often be seen on here at extreme hours of the day. It's because I always flick TW on when I get in from a night out, or when I'm procrastinating on yet another essay.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:32 pm

Then there is Monty and I who are 5 hours off.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:36 pm

americantrotter wrote:Then there is Monty and I who are 5 hours off.
True - and HP from Seattle who is almost on Dujon time. Last night, however, I was watching Les Glorieux get ingloriously slaughtered. I often chat with SKD and Sluffy late at night on msn and, when they go to bed, Dujon arrives on TW. It's all part of the global village, I guess.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:39 am

It's oh so quiet...

It's oh so still...

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:28 am

Just checking in from the states. It's a bit past everyone but the students bedtime back in England.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:05 am

americantrotter wrote:Just checking in from the states. It's a bit past everyone but the students bedtime back in England.
*Cue Mummy*
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:08 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
americantrotter wrote:Just checking in from the states. It's a bit past everyone but the students bedtime back in England.
*Cue Mummy*
Hi Mummy - can't sleep?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:16 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
*Cue Mummy*
Hi Mummy - can't sleep?
Sort of. I have an essay to do but I can't decide whether to plough on with it now, or sleep and do it in the morning.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:25 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
*Cue Mummy*
Hi Mummy - can't sleep?
Sort of. I have an essay to do but I can't decide whether to plough on with it now, or sleep and do it in the morning.
Depends on the topic, I would guess.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:22 pm

I was always best at ploughing on with it. I always either overslept or came across an unforseen difficulty when I did it in the AM.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:31 am

Aye, all nighters are the way to go (for future reference). Always find it easier to operate on no sleep than on only a little (as has been evinced in the last couple of days...)

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:42 am

blurred wrote:Aye, all nighters are the way to go (for future reference). Always find it easier to operate on no sleep than on only a little (as has been evinced in the last couple of days...)
That is usually the way I do things and last night was no exception. I find that adrenaline can keep me going for however long is necessary. So I stayed up until 5.30am, slept until 12, and was playing rugby at 1. :shock:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:46 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:That is usually the way I do things and last night was no exception. I find that adrenaline can keep me going for however long is necessary. So I stayed up until 5.30am, slept until 12, and was playing rugby at 1. :shock:
Sounds like relative bliss compared to my monday night - in the hospital pretty much straight from work to see my friend who'd been in a car crash earlier that day, looking pretty bent out of shape to say the least. Back to my mates for a quick snack (and some kip for her as she'd been up all night the night before). Then my mate gets rushed into hospital with diabetes and a stupidly high blood-sugar count, so I go and meet him and his missus who are in hossie at about 1am, stay with him until he gets sorted on his drip and a bed on the ward, which was about 6:30 in the morning. Quick 45 minutes kip on my mates sofa, and straight into work for a massive feck-off audit of our company, with bastards metaphorically breathing down my neck all day...

Then to top it off I get fecking insomnia on Monday night, don't I?

I hate my body...