Borgetti plays vs. France

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

furiamex
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Baja

Borgetti plays vs. France

Post by furiamex » Thu May 25, 2006 12:42 am

Hey everyone. Just in case you are interested, bored or both, Borgetti will be playing vs. France on Saturday, May 27. It is a friendly before the world cup and a farewell game for Zidane. Don't know the exact time but I'll try to put up a link later.

some pics of the Borg working out with the "TRI"


Image

Image
Pro-Aguila, anti-chiputas and above all, let soccer reign.

plodder
Promising
Promising
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:08 am

Post by plodder » Thu May 25, 2006 7:13 am

Who thinks he'll score :roll:

keveh
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4421
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Stuck in the Forums

Post by keveh » Thu May 25, 2006 8:20 am

I don't think, I know he'll score!

He's going to be golden boot at the world cup ;)
Image

white blood
Promising
Promising
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:10 pm

Post by white blood » Thu May 25, 2006 9:03 am

keveh wrote:I don't think, I know he'll score!

He's going to be golden boot at the world cup ;)
ive had a fiver at 30/1 on that!

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Madrid no more

Post by Le Snake » Thu May 25, 2006 10:59 am

Mexico's group includes Iran and Angola, so it can't be a bad shout.

white blood
Promising
Promising
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:10 pm

Post by white blood » Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 am

and Angola's team coach is the Bury 1st team coach! :shock:

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Madrid no more

Post by Le Snake » Thu May 25, 2006 11:15 am

Good ..... Lord

furiamex
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Baja

Post by furiamex » Fri May 26, 2006 8:25 pm

Looks like they are going to broadcast it at http://www.myp2p.eu/index.htm/. Just go to "football-saturday" and it's listed there (it's similar to asianplate). Another option is http://www.audiogol.com/. Just click the Mexican flag and the "tv" icon. Enjoy.
Pro-Aguila, anti-chiputas and above all, let soccer reign.

plodder
Promising
Promising
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:08 am

Post by plodder » Fri May 26, 2006 8:33 pm

furiamex wrote:Looks like they are going to broadcast it at http://www.myp2p.eu/index.htm/. Just go to "football-saturday" and it's listed there (it's similar to asianplate). Another option is http://www.audiogol.com/. Just click the Mexican flag and the "tv" icon. Enjoy.
Excellent, thanks for that. :D

ron
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:58 pm

Post by ron » Fri May 26, 2006 10:20 pm

I heard it's also live on Eurosport, for those that have it......

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Cleckheaton

Post by jetsetwilly » Sun May 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Borg is 41/1 at Will Hills

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3565
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Post by malcd1 » Sun May 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Just so you know France won 1-0.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 023578.stm

Lyon's Florent Malouda scored the only goal of the match to lead 1998 World Cup winners France to a win over Mexico in a warm-up for the 2006 tournament.

Midfielder Malouda found the target just before the interval when he chested down a pass before smashing his effort high into the roof of the net.

David Trezeguet had a header saved by Oswaldo Sanchez, while Patrick Vieira's deflected shot bounced off the bar.

Zinedine Zidane played his 100th game for France but had a poor match.

The Real Madrid midfielder was substituted in the 53rd minute by Vikash Dhorasoo, having given the ball away seven times.

France play Denmark in their next World Cup warm-up match on Wednesday and then face China at Saint-Etienne on 7 June before their World Cup opener against Switzerland six days later.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun May 28, 2006 8:49 pm

If we had Marquez at the back, christ, that would be amazing.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2435
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:56 am
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun May 28, 2006 10:11 pm

Batman wrote:If we had Marquez at the back, christ, that would be amazing.
Amazingly stupid. Marquez, like the majority of the Mexican team, is scum. He is a thug who will either hack or dive when he is beaten (which is often). I was elated to see France win.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1718
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: no

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon May 29, 2006 5:29 pm

i'd have him instead of Jaidi though, scum or not scum.

there is nothing "amazingly stupid" about proclaiming the possible brilliance of having Rafeal Marquez as a Bolton Wanderers footballer. especially when our squad only goes as deep as Rahdi Jaidi in terms of centre-back cover.

you're called H. Pederesen for feck* sake.

thats like a Manchester United fan calling himself D. Fletcher on one of their message boards.
or a Newcastle fan calling himself T. Bramble on one of their boards
or a Liverpool fan calling himself D. Traore on one of their boards.

i could go on.

i'm sorry. i'm annoyed today. but still.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon May 29, 2006 6:38 pm

put a thousand times better than I ever could.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2435
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:56 am
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 29, 2006 7:24 pm

You're not American so you don't have a clue what you're talking about Hotdog. You have no idea about the racism and oher bull**** we have to put up with from Mexico. I would be embarrassed to see a cheat and a hack artist like Marquez in a Bolton shirt.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:37 pm

Post by Tombwfc » Mon May 29, 2006 7:42 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:You're not American so you don't have a clue what you're talking about Hotdog. You have no idea about the racism and oher bull**** we have to put up with from Mexico. I would be embarrassed to see a cheat and a hack artist like Marquez in a Bolton shirt.
What hotdog is saying is that he doesn't care about whether Marquez is a scumbag or not. Just that he is a fantastic defender. Which is really all i give a toss about when it comes to who pulls on a Bolton shirt. Marquez is an excellent player, whether he's a tosser or not wouldn't come into my mind if by some miricle we signed him.

So Hotdog does have a clue, because he has eyes, and knows a good player when he sees one.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36655
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 29, 2006 8:28 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:You're not American so you don't have a clue what you're talking about Hotdog. You have no idea about the racism and oher bull**** we have to put up with from Mexico. I would be embarrassed to see a cheat and a hack artist like Marquez in a Bolton shirt.
Ahh, so it's nothing to do with his manner of play then really is it, H. Pedersen? It's to do with the Meixican's attitude towards the Americans. To think, you personally branded me as racist the other day simply for pointing out that Hollywood had dumbed down the Da Vinci code for the benefit of it's American audience! Very rich, Sir. Very rich indeed.

I've a little news for you. The Scots, the Welsh don't like us much either. Hey ho, we'd all love to see Giggs play for us though!

Tell me, does it grate to see Borgetti score?
May the bridges I burn light your way

furiamex
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Baja

Post by furiamex » Mon May 29, 2006 10:36 pm

malcd1 wrote:Just so you know France won 1-0.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 023578.stm

Lyon's Florent Malouda scored the only goal of the match to lead 1998 World Cup winners France to a win over Mexico in a warm-up for the 2006 tournament.

Midfielder Malouda found the target just before the interval when he chested down a pass before smashing his effort high into the roof of the net.

David Trezeguet had a header saved by Oswaldo Sanchez, while Patrick Vieira's deflected shot bounced off the bar.

Zinedine Zidane played his 100th game for France but had a poor match.

The Real Madrid midfielder was substituted in the 53rd minute by Vikash Dhorasoo, having given the ball away seven times.

France play Denmark in their next World Cup warm-up match on Wednesday and then face China at Saint-Etienne on 7 June before their World Cup opener against Switzerland six days later.

Very disappointing game for the Mexican squad really. France's goal arrives in overtime, just seconds from the end of the first half. In the second half Mexico improved somewhat, having a few good chances at goal, including two off-side calls which were clearl mistakes by the assistant ref. Borgetti and Franco, both forwards, almost didn't participate at all during their time in the pitch. Also, it didn't help that Mexico played a very conservative 4-5-1, leaving Borgetti basically alone in front during the first half. Mexico's next match will be against Netherlands: I'll post more info for those of you who are interested.
Pro-Aguila, anti-chiputas and above all, let soccer reign.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 22 guests