Borgetti plays vs. France

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 30, 2006 2:08 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:You're not American so you don't have a clue what you're talking about Hotdog. You have no idea about the racism and oher bull**** we have to put up with from Mexico. I would be embarrassed to see a cheat and a hack artist like Marquez in a Bolton shirt.
Ahh, so it's nothing to do with his manner of play then really is it, H. Pedersen? It's to do with the Meixican's attitude towards the Americans. To think, you personally branded me as racist the other day simply for pointing out that Hollywood had dumbed down the Da Vinci code for the benefit of it's American audience! Very rich, Sir. Very rich indeed.

I've a little news for you. The Scots, the Welsh don't like us much either. Hey ho, we'd all love to see Giggs play for us though!

Tell me, does it grate to see Borgetti score?

First point, any defender would look good in Mexico's 10-0-1 formation. They don't let anybody get past the half-way line without a hip-check so the amount of actual defending they do is sparse. I am going to watch them play Holland on Thursday so I will confirm if they do it to every team that is leagues better than them or if it's just us.

Don't get me wrong, I like Borgetti. I thought he was one of the few players who acquitted himself well in our last 2-0 defeat of Mexico. He didn't get a sniff of goal, partly thanks to great defending by Onyewu and partly because his compatriots were more interested in kicking us than kicking the ball. But he took it like a man.

BTW, the racism comment was tongue-in-cheek, no offense intended.

furiamex
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by furiamex » Tue May 30, 2006 4:28 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:You're not American so you don't have a clue what you're talking about Hotdog. You have no idea about the racism and oher bull**** we have to put up with from Mexico. I would be embarrassed to see a cheat and a hack artist like Marquez in a Bolton shirt.
Ahh, so it's nothing to do with his manner of play then really is it, H. Pedersen? It's to do with the Meixican's attitude towards the Americans. To think, you personally branded me as racist the other day simply for pointing out that Hollywood had dumbed down the Da Vinci code for the benefit of it's American audience! Very rich, Sir. Very rich indeed.

I've a little news for you. The Scots, the Welsh don't like us much either. Hey ho, we'd all love to see Giggs play for us though!

First point, any defender would look good in Mexico's 10-0-1 formation. They don't let anybody get past the half-way line without a hip-check so the amount of actual defending they do is sparse. I am going to watch them play Holland on Thursday so I will confirm if they do it to every team that is leagues better than them or if it's just us.

Don't get me wrong, I like Borgetti. I thought he was one of the few players who acquitted himself well in our last 2-0 defeat of Mexico. He didn't get a sniff of goal, partly thanks to great defending by Onyewu and partly because his compatriots were more interested in kicking us than kicking the ball. But he took it like a man.

BTW, the racism comment was tongue-in-cheek, no offense intended.

I love playing the Americans; makes CONCACAF a bit more interesting. It's fun to watch them try to run at 7,500 feet above sea level at mid day while 105,000 fans gently remind them Osama Bin Ladden still alive. But of course the best of all is finding out that Bruce Arenas has to play his home games in a small out of the way Connecticut pitch lest he decide to play in a half decent stadium, like the Rose Bowl, Home Depot Center or Soldier's Field and find himself sorrounded by Mexican fans in a ratio of 10 to 1. I think the TRI is the only team in the world that is the "home" team in two different countries.
Pro-Aguila, anti-chiputas and above all, let soccer reign.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 30, 2006 4:48 am

I wish that Bush would have referenced the "Osama" chants when Fox was up here begging for us to take more unskilled labor.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 30, 2006 9:20 am

H. Pedersen wrote:I wish that Bush would have referenced the "Osama" chants when Fox was up here begging for us to take more unskilled labor.

Yup.

"... we demand the right to come to your country, illegally ... get work, illegally .... force you to make us legal, just by vitue of being here (illegally) a good while .... oh, AND piss & moan about the place, demand language & social changes ... AND offer tacit support to people who's main aim is to bring your country to it's knees".

Sound familiar at all ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

furiamex
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by furiamex » Tue May 30, 2006 4:53 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:I wish that Bush would have referenced the "Osama" chants when Fox was up here begging for us to take more unskilled labor.

Yup.

"... we demand the right to come to your country, illegally ... get work, illegally .... force you to make us legal, just by vitue of being here (illegally) a good while .... oh, AND piss & moan about the place, demand language & social changes ... AND offer tacit support to people who's main aim is to bring your country to it's knees".

Sound familiar at all ??
First of all, I don't know why an american is in Bolton's forum. Is there an american playing for Bolton? Am I missing something here? I hope you realize who has turn this very simple topic into a racist and political rant. When Fox was first in Washington he proposed an immigration treaty along the lines of the European Union. You see, you want a very profitable NAFTA and economic integration but don't care for regional integration. Well, it happens that Fox is following the same line of thought of his predecesors who originally signed NAFTA and who eventually envisioned an integrated North America. If you rather close the borders and have Mexico turn into another Venezuela that's just fine with me. I personally could care less.

Now to the second clown. I don't think Mexico's main aim is to bring the U.S. to it's knees. The last I heard it was the arabs who were the terrorists. If there was such a hatred for the U.S., a lot more damage than the Twin Towers would have been done to that country a long time ago. The immigration issue affects all countries not only Mexico. A good number of Europeans and other countries will also benefit from the new immigration bill. I don't think Latinamericans will stand to the hipocrisy of a country that was founded by illegal immigrants and be singled out and used as a scapegoat for America's foreign policy failure, specially when what is at stake is spliting up families.

Wow, I didn't think Borgetti was such a controversial player.
Pro-Aguila, anti-chiputas and above all, let soccer reign.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue May 30, 2006 10:33 pm

so yeah, in terms of footballing ability.

Marquez > Chirundolo.

eat that.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 30, 2006 10:46 pm

Cherundolo had a great game against Latvia the other day, got forward very well and delivered the cross that McBride converted. Americans are still under-rated on the world transfer market so I think there are definitely a few worth taking a look at. Striker Eddie Johnson for instance, bags of pace, good in the air.

Maybe I have just not been watching the right games, but I have never been impressed by Marquez, either for Barca or Mexico.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue May 30, 2006 11:34 pm

Furia, can you please type in normal font size in future..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Barry Siddall's Sideburns
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barry Siddall's Sideburns » Wed May 31, 2006 9:46 am

He's 50/1 on Victor Chandler !!
BSS

It's Not Where You Are; It's Where You're At. :)

picaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by picaro » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:27 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Ped...i truly am sorry to see this about the chants at US players, but what it boils down to is non-football related events turn up on the pitch. what you have are about a hundred years of being treated like subservient scum by ignorant, racist US citizens which in turn is spouted back in moronic chants...like "Osama". look the unfortunate thing about the US is that it indeed places individuals on the fringe and causes them to disassociate themselves from the general population..creating sub-groups and these sub-groups unite when the US plays anyone else. i went to the Poland-US match about a year ago at Soldier Field and what you saw where much worse things being yelled at by Polish fans (and i don't mean Polish-American) and Latin Americans fans split between rooting for the US and Poland. it will take time to heal the scars caused by advantage-taking, might-makes-right govt, but in turn the rivalry is still great for US football...aside from Donovan pissing on the bushes outside of the Stadium in Guadalajara.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:54 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Cherundolo had a great game against Latvia the other day, got forward very well and delivered the cross that McBride converted. Americans are still under-rated on the world transfer market so I think there are definitely a few worth taking a look at. Striker Eddie Johnson for instance, bags of pace, good in the air.

Maybe I have just not been watching the right games, but I have never been impressed by Marquez, either for Barca or Mexico.
So a decent cross against the might of Latvia impresses you more than someone playing in one of the strongest leagues in the world?

And people question the quality of teams Borgetti has scored against!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house