Da Vinci Code

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun May 28, 2006 7:28 pm

Saw X-Men yesterday, much more enjoyable than a crappy Ron Howard flick.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 29, 2006 6:44 pm

malcd1 wrote:No maybe that isn't strictly true the first half of all his books are pretty good and run along at a fantastic pace. It's the second half that really lets them down. I have never read such over the top claptrap in all my life.

Do yourself a favour and don't read any of his books.
Agreed. A page turner undoubtedly, with an interesting topic but absolute ridiculous story line. I came close to throwing it away after several of the far fetched bits but stuck it with it purely for the denouement re: The Magdalene Secret.

Dont believe it but thats definitely a bird in the Last Supper painting!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Mon May 29, 2006 10:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
malcd1 wrote:No maybe that isn't strictly true the first half of all his books are pretty good and run along at a fantastic pace. It's the second half that really lets them down. I have never read such over the top claptrap in all my life.

Do yourself a favour and don't read any of his books.
Agreed. A page turner undoubtedly, with an interesting topic but absolute ridiculous story line. I came close to throwing it away after several of the far fetched bits but stuck it with it purely for the denouement re: The Magdalene Secret.

Dont believe it but thats definitely a bird in the Last Supper painting!
After reading into it quite abit i found out that there is more to the secret than first meets the eye. have a look here
http://davinci.forumup.co.uk/viewtopic. ... um=davinci
http://www.bcbfc.co.uk/ Bolton County Bears FC

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Mon May 29, 2006 10:41 pm

plodder wrote:Read the book, so much better.

Don't go to Rosslyn Chapel looking for anything, it ain't there.
Plodder i belive you knowing more about this because the Knights Templar build round chapels and Rosslyn is not round.

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue May 30, 2006 7:14 am

Kylofski wrote:

Plodder i belive you knowing more about this because the Knights Templar build round chapels and Rosslyn is not round.
True but the orginal building on the Rosslyn site was not only round but also Knights training ground.

Kylofski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Kylofski » Tue May 30, 2006 8:49 am

plodder wrote:
Kylofski wrote:

True but the orginal building on the Rosslyn site was not only round but also Knights training ground.
Please tell more!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 30, 2006 8:58 am

By the time Rosslyn (Roslin) Chapel was built the Templars were coming to the end of their power trip. They had been routed from France by the King and the Pope because of their wealth and accused of heracy and all sorts of heinous crimes against the church (most likely wrongly) and their leaders executed. They fled and took refuge in Malta and Scotland. Rosslyn is an architectual mystery and effectively an unfinished project. Maybe just another red-herring in a long line of them in the grail quest and legend.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue May 30, 2006 11:44 am

Batman wrote:Saw X-Men yesterday, much more enjoyable than a crappy Ron Howard flick.
aye and not as bad as the ever-knowing critics made out

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 30, 2006 5:16 pm

I havent seen the film but read the book a couple of years back, I thoroughly enjoyed the books twists and drama although to be fair, I though it was all bollocks just a fictional book like any other, luckily I went into the book expecting this so I wasnt dissappointed.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:30 pm

Just rewatched this shower of turd, absolutely fookin appalling