Everton MEGAPOWER

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Everton MEGAPOWER

Post by jetsetwilly » Mon May 29, 2006 8:17 pm

Everton to get Huth and AJ.

So much for them not being a bigger club than BWFC or Wigan

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Re: Everton MEGAPOWER

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Mon May 29, 2006 8:20 pm

SAMHATER wrote:Everton to get Huth and AJ.

You must be over the moon! I'm very pleased for you, congrats.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon May 29, 2006 8:29 pm

Link from the Beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 027408.stm

How sad, that someone claiming to support Bolton Wanderers, uses this as an excuse to slag off our club. Some people will do anything for attention.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 29, 2006 8:35 pm

Teamtalk is claiming that Ian Dowies move could affect things and that Charlton are also in the frame at 8.5 mil?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon May 29, 2006 10:14 pm

You must be very happy.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Mon May 29, 2006 10:19 pm

It depends on what you measure against to determine if a club is 'bigger' or not.

:roll:
Smarties have answers.....

fanz
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fanz » Mon May 29, 2006 10:48 pm

I'm pretty impressed if this is true, shows some real ambition and (if they come off) it proves you can move quickly and close a deal properly if you want too.

The phrase "talk's cheap" springs to mind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 29, 2006 11:38 pm

fanz wrote:I'm pretty impressed if this is true, shows some real ambition and (if they come off) it proves you can move quickly and close a deal properly if you want too.

The phrase "talk's cheap" springs to mind.
Well, if things don't quite work out and he doesn't prove to be Everton's Second Messiah after they paid 8.5 mil and gave him £40,000 a week, I hope you'll still tell us how impressed you were later in the season. The phrase "Money talks" springs to my mind, and I don't mean the 8.5 mil. We offered it, matched the best and he chose Everton without giving us a chance to even bargain. You still want to blame Bolton for that?

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue May 30, 2006 6:49 am

?????

I am glad we didn't get him as I feel the price is too much. I hope he does flop at Everton.

All I was saying this for is to silence the muppets who think BWFC are as big as Everton on any scale. Being a BWFC fan doesn't mean you have to blindly deny all truths. Some of the guys on here would argue that we have more loyal fans than Man U, or are richer that Chelsea.

I also wanted to point out that Evertons 30k limits were nonsense.

You always harp on at me for not providing sufficient evidence, so I do, and get slated AGAIN

plodder
Promising
Promising

Post by plodder » Tue May 30, 2006 7:05 am

Tis the way though, you may have well just sat on the riverbank dangling a nice big juicy worm over the edge than post that.

What do you expect when you criticize the club? It is a Bolton site after all.

As fot AJ I also believe £8.5m was too much. Just as I believe the club not only had the money but also were serious about signing him. We could and would compete with the £30-40k per week that is going on past experiences with Okocha and HIerro.

I would also so that BWFC are as big as Everton or Tottenham. In the hearts of every single fan. With that in mind it will be no suprise why you really do get up peoples noses.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 30, 2006 8:32 am

SAMHATER wrote:?????

I am glad we didn't get him as I feel the price is too much. I hope he does flop at Everton.

All I was saying this for is to silence the muppets who think BWFC are as big as Everton on any scale. Being a BWFC fan doesn't mean you have to blindly deny all truths. Some of the guys on here would argue that we have more loyal fans than Man U, or are richer that Chelsea.

You always harp on at me for not providing sufficient evidence, so I do, and get slated AGAIN
You wrote, "The phrase talk's cheap, springs to mind" did you not SH? So were you not indicating that we just talked and didn't do anything else? Bolton bid good money, upped the ante to match the competition and were prepared to discuss player terms. Johnson himself made the final decision without even giving us that chance. If it were just finance, three clubs were in there. It obviously wasn't. Why then write what you did?

Albert Tatlock's Dad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Albert Tatlock's Dad » Tue May 30, 2006 8:52 am

SAMHATER wrote:?????

I'm sorry SH but the £30k ceiling is a known fact amongst Everton fans. It's one of the reasons why they've missed out on players in the past.

For a long while Duncan Ferguson was the club's highest paid pro on £25k. Beattie raised it to £30k and now it looks like Johnson has taken it higher, though how much higher is debateable.

Villa have a similar structure under Ellis.

Believe what you like but the Everton wage ceiling was something that Everton fans used to be proud of. They boasted that players playing for them wanted to and spurned higher wages at other clubs. Then reality kicked in and they realised that they were missing the top players.

We used to be able to pay good wages to people like Djorkaeff, Campo and Okocha because they cost us nothing when we bought them.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 30, 2006 9:53 am

This is an odd phenomenon for me, as a recent convert to the world of football. I have no frame of reference for any of Everton's (or for that matter Tottenham's or West Ham's) past triumphs so whenever anyone goes there looking for a "big club" I am mystified.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 30, 2006 10:00 am

H. Pedersen wrote:This is an odd phenomenon for me, as a recent convert to the world of football. I have no frame of reference for any of Everton's (or for that matter Tottenham's or West Ham's) past triumphs so whenever anyone goes there looking for a "big club" I am mystified.
Tell the public something often enough and they will believe it. Look at The Da Vinci Code. :mrgreen:

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue May 30, 2006 10:34 am

OK...

Everton - bigger fan base; no argument

Everton - better ground than Bolton? No

Everton - more trophies than Bolton in the last decade? No more, no less, and no cup finals (to our one and a few semis)

Everton - more top ten finishes in the last three season? 2-1 to us

I'd say on balance there 'aint much between us.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue May 30, 2006 10:51 am

Simple fact is that Beattie and AJ are bessie mates

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue May 30, 2006 11:06 am

Who cares about how big a club is? It's only the muppet fans of clubs like Aston Villa, Man City and Everton that it matters to.

We're a small club and I like it that way.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue May 30, 2006 11:27 am

feck him, can't wait to give him a typical "cauldron of hate" welcome :mrgreen:

a little bit frustrated at how the whole deal's been done through the media, none of it was done in private

lets get Eidur

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue May 30, 2006 12:24 pm

Not that Mega a friend of a friend who work in an Estate Agents reckons a certain Mr Beattie was in recently looking at houses in the Midlands, Beattie to Villa?

You heard it here first :)
Last edited by Raven on Tue May 30, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue May 30, 2006 12:29 pm

ratbert wrote:OK...
Everton - more trophies than Bolton in the last decade? No more, no less, and no cup finals (to our one and a few semis)
Go back one more year and they've got a trophy :D