Paraguay vs England

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:59 am

Crouch is not mobile enough, any one who thinks he is like davies needs a reality check! For a 6 foot seven guy his heading is pants!!! and in the second half his lack of mobility really got shown up. The real worry is Owen looked knackard when he came off, no were near 90 competitive mins match fit.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:12 am

Cadburys Fingers wrote:
Zulus! Thousands of 'em! wrote:I'm with you on this one, Tango. I thought Crouch was outstanding on the deck. I also thought that Ferdinand had a blinder at the back. I never thought that I would ever type those two sentences together!

There you go.

8)
Specsavers in Bolton are going to be busy today by the looks of things. Ferdinand had a blinder, I presume that is tongue in cheek. If you look at the BBC website you can give marks out of 10 for the whole team, hundreds of thousands have already done so, and Ferdinands score is right near the bottom of the list, thats because he did absolutely nothing...............and he did that poorly. IMO Cole was about the best from a tepid performance, with Becham and Lampard not far behind. The Crouch position wont be an issue in he next game, as he will be warming the bench. How he is a better bet than Defoe (or even KD) I will never know, his performance reminded me of Rickets debut, when the ball just bounced off him, rather than being controlled.

i was going to ask which cole, but then realised it doesn't matter, both were poor.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:49 am

It was a typical England performance really.

Obviously the weather didn't help, and the referee did his best to make sure it affected them.

I'm just glad we won, if we had won 4-0 then the whole nation would have bigged us up more than we already are.

First game, first win, can't do much better. We'll up our game when the big guns come up.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:05 am

Tombwfc wrote:Who gives a shit how we played?

If we play like that in every match, winning one-nil, you won't hear any complaints from me.
Agree 100%
Businesswoman of the year.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:33 am

CrazyHorse wrote:

If we play like that in every match, winning one-nil, you won't hear any complaints from me.
Agree 100%
aye but that's a bolton fan attitude. doesn't wash with the sudden media. and what's with all this scoring from set-pieces malarky....

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:44 am

CrazyHorse wrote:

Agree 100%
Apart from if we do play like that in every match we wont win 1-0.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:16 pm

keveh wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

Agree 100%
Apart from if we do play like that in every match we wont win 1-0.

Very true. It were $hite, nowt much else to say really.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:07 pm

I thought Crouch played really well, gave a consistent effort and was MOM. Joe Cole added some flair (sorry Commie) and excitement, although tried to do too much alone. I'm surprised people rated Ferdinand near the bottom because he did what he had to do and didn't give the ball away as much as the other backs, even Terry. We will clearly need to get a lot better to have a long tournament, but the potential is there. I suppose the heat had something to do with it and I hear the lunatics in charge will close the roof for the next game (to make better television) although there is no air-conditioning - glad I won't there for that.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:33 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I hear the lunatics in charge will close the roof for the next game (to make better television) although there is no air-conditioning - glad I won't there for that.
yes because of the odd shaddows!! Just when you think fifa can't get dafter they do.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:35 pm

Oh and those that think we weren't represented at the game, young Georgia Fogg, 7, of Bolton was the mascot lined up with Rio Ferdinand.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:41 pm

I thought Crounch did well with no help from his midfielders or the referee. Cole was impressive, but overall we need to remember how to pass. It did look a lot like a dire Bolton match.

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:45 pm

americantrotter wrote:I thought Crounch did well with no help from his midfielders or the referee. Cole was impressive, but overall we need to remember how to pass. It did look a lot like a dire Bolton match.
Allardyce isn't just a pundit on itv, he secretly got the England job. It's all a big conspiracy.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Marshall wrote:
americantrotter wrote:I thought Crounch did well with no help from his midfielders or the referee. Cole was impressive, but overall we need to remember how to pass. It did look a lot like a dire Bolton match.
Allardyce isn't just a pundit on itv, he secretly got the England job. It's all a big conspiracy.
:D :D :D :D

Sorry, but if Big Sam were coaching it would have been better than that. I have lost almost all confidence in Sven. he is ruining the best generation of footballer's since 66.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:12 pm

americantrotter wrote:I thought Crounch did well with no help from his midfielders or the referee.
Nevermind the midfielders, every single ball that he flicked on (and there were a lot) Owen was nowhere to be seen.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:24 pm

keveh wrote:
americantrotter wrote:I thought Crounch did well with no help from his midfielders or the referee.
Nevermind the midfielders, every single ball that he flicked on (and there were a lot) Owen was nowhere to be seen.
Not true! He was offside a couple of times. :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.