SET PIECES: Serbia & Montenegro

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

SET PIECES: Serbia & Montenegro

Post by ratbert » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:53 am

Everything you wanted to know about Serbia and Montenegro but were afraid to ask, from Winter Hill White in his article debut:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/content.p ... ure&id=388

Barry Siddall's Sideburns
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barry Siddall's Sideburns » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:18 am

Good Work W.H., your Dark Horse theory could be proven correct, given the squad they have, they could also be in contention for highest yellow and red card count given some of the personalities involved :D :D
BSS

It's Not Where You Are; It's Where You're At. :)

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:53 am

Superb debut WHW, really interesting stuff. Did you watch the episode of Frontline Football featuring Serbia? Arkan and all the usual suspects featured heavily.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:33 pm

Nice one, I knew about Kezman and Vidic but I didn't know some of those others played for them too.

Their group is very tough but you may be right about sneaking draws.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Winter Hill White » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:07 pm

50sQuiff wrote:Superb debut WHW, really interesting stuff. Did you watch the episode of Frontline Football featuring Serbia? Arkan and all the usual suspects featured heavily.
Arkan built himself the kitschiest (sp?) house you could ever imagine right next to the Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) stadium. It had a fantastic view of the pitch. Until the stadium authorities decided to build a roof over that part of the stadium. Valuing their life, the stadium authorities conveniently waited until Arkan had been assassinated before going ahead with their view-blocking roof. Arkan's widow, Ceca - a big turbofolk star - a hugely popular genre of musice in Serbia - I don't know why, it's fecking awful - still lives in the house. Along, it appears, with several thousand scary-looking "security personnel", who approach and follow you, should you spend more than a minute or two outside.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:41 pm

Excellent read.

Watch out for the YugoBabes though. I know someone who married one - months later they were divorced - she got a passport and I assume he lost the odd shirt. Still, she was a bit of a looker.