Copying VHS to DVD

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Copying VHS to DVD

Post by Batman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:47 pm

Right

I bought a DVD recorder t'other day meaning to get my old Roadrunner BWFC vids on DVD for posterity, though when I sat down to get it done on Sunday I hit a bit of a wall straight away in that I basically haven't got a clue what I am doing.

Can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:17 am

you'll need a scart lead, then you need to put it in the back of your vhs, and put it in to the "in" scart socket on the back of your dvd recorder.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:50 am

hopefully the roadrunner videos werent 'copy protected' , it might be best to try it with somethin' taped offa the telly first just to make sure everything works and your doing it right...

then get hold of dvd decrypter / anydvd / nero and make loadsa copies from the 'master' dvds to sell to dudes on here , or sumert ..

also some dvd recorders seem to work on a short play ( 1 hour) / long play (2? hours) / super long play (loads more hours ) recording type basis , figure it so every game fits a disc best (ie, dont put it in 'ultra long play 18 hours mode' for a two hour game , it might be pixelated too much , and its kinda a waste) ..

dave higson is king

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:56 am

a1 wrote:hopefully the roadrunner videos werent 'copy protected'
They weren't, I've had them transferred onto DVD.

Dave Higson in surround sound - Worra ding dong do!
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:32 pm

Whats VHS?? :wink: I managed to do it with some old movies I just stuck a scart lead from the video player to the dvd player pressed play on the vid and record on the DVD hey presto..