Terror as 60 Fight in the Street

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Terror as 60 Fight in the Street

Post by wovlad » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:18 pm

http://www.thisisbolton.co.uk/display.v ... street.php

Strange article as it appears forget that the fight took place outside of the new Islamic College on Williows Lane / Hawthorne Rd. On the site of what used to be Mount St Jospehs Convent. It was on a fence outside of which the racist graffiti was written.

Maybe the reporter didn't want to fan the flames of racism. If so I applaud their tact. However I don't think it was a mere coincidence.

The majority of residents in the Willows area of Deane voted against the college being allowed to purchase the old convent. However this was ignored by Bolton Council. Tempers were certainly high amongst former Catholic pupils of Mount St Josephs school and this may have fueled the incident. I have to say they would have been higher had it been purchased by a similar group of Protestant faith. However that is by the by. The fact remains that an incident like this was in my opinion always likely to happen. The fight has been rightly condemned by both sides. So hopefully its out the system and will be
a one off and not something that repeats itself.

Anyone else any thoughts on this matter

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Yeah. Religious people are stupid. Imagine having a fight with someone over whose imaginary friend is better.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:27 pm

Same old story. Mindless, teenage yobs just too happy to get into anything like this. I haven't forgotten the last fiasco on Deane and Daubhill going back a few years. Houses were getting wrecked. My brother, who lived there at the time sat on his front wall with a cricket bat to protect his. It was bad news with all the residents terrified as yobs ran riot for about three days. Whites and Asians were just as bad as each other.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Terror as 60 Fight in the Street

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:36 am

wovlad wrote:http://www.thisisbolton.co.uk/display.v ... street.php
On the site of what used to be Mount St Jospehs Convent.

Tempers were certainly high amongst former Catholic pupils of Mount St Josephs school and this may have fueled the incident.

Blimey ... those girls !! Tssk.

A few gave me a hard time (!?@) in my day, but they'd NEVER have done this.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:02 am

Lennon wrote:Yeah. Religious people are stupid. Imagine having a fight with someone over whose imaginary friend is better.
Nailed it. :pray:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:47 am

Lennon wrote:Yeah. Religious people are stupid. Imagine having a fight with someone over whose imaginary friend is better.
couldn't have put it better myself

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:18 pm

In A Nutshell.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS