18 club Premiership

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

chris
Reliable
Reliable

18 club Premiership

Post by chris » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:39 pm

Blatter again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5061302.stm

If the Premier clubs have an influence, I can only see Man U., Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal being in favour. Every other club would be at increased risk of relegation if this happened.
And if it does happen, it would after only one more season. So would it be 4 down, 2 up. Or 5 down, 3 up?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:43 pm

I presume this is a reaction to the number of high profile (i.e. FIFA money-generating) players that are injured going into the World Cup. I was expecting Blatter to come out with some thing like this - fair dues, he's quick off the mark for a crumbly.
Last edited by Little Green Man on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:50 pm

More Blatter bollox.

When is he introducing the semi-naked women's football he's in favour of?????
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:57 am

22 was too big, 20 is fine. Why doesnt he have a go at all the cups particularly the big European ones?

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:07 am

americantrotter wrote:22 was too big, 20 is fine. Why doesnt he have a go at all the cups particularly the big European ones?

G14 would probably complain if they lost money, and they do have an influence. They had already reduced it by dropping the Champion's League second group phase.
A straight knockout would drastically cut the money revenue, which means it won't happen.

So basically, Money talks

They may be able to work one-legged ties after the group stage, but I expect the big clubs would oppose that.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:28 am

17 instead of 19 games for yer S/T as well, somehow I doubt the price will be droppped.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:40 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:17 instead of 19 games for yer S/T as well, somehow I doubt the price will be droppped.
If he's concerned about having more room for international fixtures, why not reduce the champions league to, say, oh, I dunno......CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!

King Canute is alive and well. :evil:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:02 am

enfieldwhite wrote:If he's concerned about having more room for international fixtures, why not reduce the champions league to, say, oh, I dunno......CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
So totally correct I almost wept.

This guy has moved from concern only for the elite, to the elite of the elite. He clearly thinks all of footbll is about the internationals.

Yet, to improve his power base he has expanded the role & influence of smaller nations (who vote for him, of course).

What does he propose for these 4 newly available dates ?? ... "recouperation time for these stressed out prima-donna's .... and MORE opportunities for show games & internationals !!

Add this to the incecent clamour for including Celtic & Rangers into the ENGLISH Premiership (incidentally - why do the Scots want independance, yet seem to think this is a go-er ??). That'd be 16 English teams in the Premiership.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:08 am

bobo the clown wrote:
enfieldwhite wrote:If he's concerned about having more room for international fixtures, why not reduce the champions league to, say, oh, I dunno......CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
So totally correct I almost wept.

This guy has moved from concern only for the elite, to the elite of the elite. He clearly thinks all of footbll is about the internationals.

Yet, to improve his power base he has expanded the role & influence of smaller nations (who vote for him, of course).

What does he propose for these 4 newly available dates ?? ... "recouperation time for these stressed out prima-donna's .... and MORE opportunities for show games & internationals !!

Add this to the incecent clamour for including Celtic & Rangers into the ENGLISH Premiership (incidentally - why do the Scots want independance, yet seem to think this is a go-er ??). That'd be 16 English teams in the Premiership.
And then, when Swansea, Wrexham and Cardiff all achieve promotion in the next few years we'll only have thirteen English teams. Nurse, my pills! :roll:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

surrey_white
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by surrey_white » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:24 am

Its simple kick Jackburn and Wiggin out to the championship, and hey presto we have 18 teams, on a serious note Blatter is a cock and 20 teams is enough

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:53 am

I thought that this was all part of the 'twenty year plan' whereby there would only be five teams in the Prem by 2020 utilising a one relegation/promotion strategy.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:17 pm

The English Premier league is the only legue with less matches since the last rule came out. All the others have the same due to added fixtures etc.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:37 pm

They were talking about this yesterday on TakDRIVEL. I was expecting Adrian Durham to say, "as long as it gets rid of Bolton from the Premiership I'm all for it."

Seriously, it'll never happen without being dragged through the courts first. Never mind the FA; think of all the incensed club chairmen...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:26 pm

Is he saying the same things about Italian and Spanish clubs? they have 20 teams too

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:Is he saying the same things about Italian and Spanish clubs? they have 20 teams too
Yes he is. The proposal refers to Europe's top leagues.

We should still tell him to feck off though.

While I'll be glad to see England do well, I'm far more enthusiastic about club football, and I'd guess I'm in the majority about this. If we want less games, then get rid of those pointless mid season friendlies.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:34 pm

warthog wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Is he saying the same things about Italian and Spanish clubs? they have 20 teams too
Except there's only 18 in the League of Wales 'Premier Division' !!

... sorry, just trying to be helpful.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:43 pm

warthog wrote:

We should still tell him to feck off though.

While I'll be glad to see England do well, I'm far more enthusiastic about club football, and I'd guess I'm in the majority about this. If we want less games, then get rid of those pointless mid season friendlies.
Exactly.. the less premiership games the more of these shitty friendly and Kyrgirystan and the like, it all bollocks

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:47 pm

Why don't we simply change the months of the year to 14.

There you go, problem solved :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:52 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Why don't we simply change the months of the year to 14.

There you go, problem solved :mrgreen:
Youre laughing but I reckon somebodys already told Blatter thats out of th question

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:36 pm

Blatter is a god damn moron.

Only the Premier League can decide how many teams are in the competition, it is nowt to do with FIFA......bloody pen pushers